Introduction -- blog editor, book reviewer

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Maria Korolov, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Maria Korolov

Maria Korolov Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hi all -- my name is Maria Korolov, and I just learned about LitRPG. I'm the editor of Hypergrid Business, an online publication started about a decade ago, covering enterprise uses of virtual worlds, OpenSim in particular. We also do some hardware and software reviews.

We get between 30,000 and 100,000 visitors a month. I'm always looking for guest writers, reviewers, reporters, and, now, fiction writers as well, in things related to virtual reality and virtual worlds.

I'm also interested in doing book reviews. If you'd like to write for us, or have us review your book, email me at maria@hypergridbusiness.com. Of if you want us to publish an excerpt of your book, or your short story (we do not require exclusive rights -- reprints are fine.)

I'm also in the process of launching Positive Futurism, a blog about positive visions of the future -- not utopias, not dystopias, but more like the golden age of Sci Fi and Star Trek. As a civilization, we've made a lot of progress, and overall things are better than they are now, but we still have a lot of challenges and interesting problems for people to work on. I'm looking for essays and fiction here as well, and, again, reprints are fine.

We've recently published an excerpt from Terry Ander's Krim Times, which is set in a future virtual world. I'm looking for more pieces like that to run excerpts of, and we'll include a link to where people can buy or read the entire work.

Thanks!

-- Maria

2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome! Good to have you with us. I might just take you up on that offer.

Enjoy your stay, and let me know if you have any questions.

3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Have you heard of Hope Punk before? I just ran across the term the other day, but it sounds like your description of more positive sci-fi.

Our Sci-Fi Is Broken, and Hopepunk—Whatever That Is—Can’t Fix It

4. Alexis Keane

Alexis Keane Level 14 (Defender) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, even Asimov who is wildly optimistic for scifi can be a total downer at times

Paul Bellow likes this.
  5. Maikel Yarimizu

Maikel Yarimizu Level 10 (Filcher) LitRPG Author Citizen

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Now I'm wishing my occasional sci-fi output was more positive. My fantasy stuff, sure, it's frequently kittens and rainbows, but...

Dang, now I'm going to need to think this over more...

6. WaywardDreaming

WaywardDreaming Level 6 (Footpad) Citizen Aspiring Writer

78%
    xp:
    Zone:
    CST
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Great to meet you, Maria! I absolutely adore well done hopepunk, or just...optimistic post-apoc. Sounds like your blog is going to be great.

7. Viergacht

Viergacht Thunderdragon LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome aboard!

8. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome to the club. I’ll be reaching out eventually for a review with an offer like that!