Is AK running out of Ideas or just slacking?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Jan 31, 2023.

?

So whats the problem?

1. MC is too strong?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No Ideas?

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Lazy?

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Hes brainwashed by the fake media??

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So I have noticed this with other Authors like Michael Atamanov and the "Reality Benders" series LitRPG space saga...

Initial 3 books were great: underdog MC, enemies outside, enemies withing, challenges, no OP bs, lots of items skills etc...

However from book 5 I have started noticing a worrying pattern where author simply started adding a bunch of fluff dialogue, drama, girlfriend nr 1, girlfriend nr 2, some kids.. now its a family drama pretty much... with little action and just minimal remnants of LitRPG. Basically series became crap and now in book 8 hes combining these series with "Perimeter defense" series(same chars, same history bla bla, now we have 2 mc's from two diff book series)

I feel like the author started to pump books just for the number and dumb readers would continue reading that crap. He had no new ideas so decided to combine both series... and latest books are bad.

So I wonder if AK is not running out of ideas? hes creating new book series, fortunately not really merging them into the Land, but clearly the Land though the Labyrinth is encroaching onto other series. It is a worrying development.

AK should have more that enough material to continue The Land for next 20 books+, yet again all these new series are very worrying. So whats the problem?

MC is too strong? No Ideas? Lazy? Hes brainwashed by the fake media??
    I mean you would never stop writing when you are writing book 3 of the Land f.e. MC is doing shit, everything is progressing nicely and you just continue. Its as if AK simply has stopped writing or he only does this because he "has to", its not good bros.

2. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that he has too many ideas and he’s trying to shove them all into one series. Hopefully the new series help him stay focused and maybe finish up some quest lines in the Land.

Legend-Dairy-Reader likes this.
  3. Legend-Dairy-Reader

Legend-Dairy-Reader Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m with Bill on this one. I think the guy is ADHD to the max, and absolutely full of great ideas with no real sense of direction to cohesively put them together. There is so many plot lines in the story I don’t know if it’s possible to effectively cover them all at this point. You have to realize that the Land is a progression LitRPG. Quests he obtained at level 10 should be meaningless at level 45, so at some point he needs to find a way to dump some of them or delegate them to other villagers. I’d be totally okay with him issuing a quest to adventurers for helping the Khan Egg claim authority over the Kobolds and writing it off in a few chapters to make way for other plot lines.

AndyJ and Mister Bill like this.
  4. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good thinking. Delegating is key! And then talk to his fellow ruler and his advisor about a lot of the stuff in his possession.

5. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He's already done that before with quests like clearing the mine of the giggling monsters and finding one of the lost pixies. This he has the tool to delegate, Randy, but isn't using him maybe the quests left must be done by Richter for important plot lines, like the kobold egg must imprint on Richter to give him control.

Mister Bill and Drasius like this.
  6. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The land is not exactly a progression story. Richter has at least one quest he still is unlikely to achieve. The right an ancient wrong quest. Also unlike in other progression stories richter was very nearly killed by a level 7 dip shit. Of course aleron had to have Heman monologue for a while instead of just killing him. Guys got him by like 30 levels and he’s going to monologue? Really?

PokemonThug likes this.
  7. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'd like to read about the clearing of the mines or other minor quests by the simple guys, them leveling, facing different challenges, gaming weapons which then could be used in the great battle etc.

Big issue here is that Richto is TIER 2, LVL 45+ bla bla bla when most other dudes are like level 10 or his closest allies(except hisako, randy, yoshi) are like level 19-23.. which is way too big of a difference imo

AndyJ and Drasius like this.
  8. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    110% true, however if a special person, of a special race gets pissed on, he goes bananas...
    so that could make séance, yet Heman does not strike me as an idiot, and esp with such a high lvl diff, he should nuke Richto into oblivion 1000 times over and over. Also why not kill alma instantly just to make a statement?!
    And Richto could be harvested with an axe chopping down his every limb and then dragging him away... for knowledge extraction, you will just need some salt.

If you f**k up this much you have to die. AK has randomly broken his rule about "hey you f**k up, you die" with a miraculous special secret new ability.

9. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This why I think Richter will fail his current quest from Xuetrix and get nerfed. He'll be down to a more reasonable level for a while and possibly lose some of his OP-ness.

PokemonThug likes this.
  10. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nah, POV changes are too often a distraction or filler IMO. It could be done well but I’d want a book 7 length book if they’re present.

Drasius likes this.
  11. Legend-Dairy-Reader

Legend-Dairy-Reader Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I
    I don’t think he will, at least not substantially. I figure it’s safe to assume Hisako is well passed Richter in terms of level and likely tier while still struggling against current challenges like the labyrinth monsters and Bugbear witch. The power gap between tiers isn’t as large as it seems. Richter could still very well die in the dungeon or bug bear assault.

Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  12. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

Im still thinking he will fail the quest intentionally by keeping the wand (or destroying it) but will somehow get atemporary nerf but ultimately a buff out of it. Basically something similar to how zero ended up getting an ogre bloodline as a "gift" from his sponsor.

I'm betting the sponsor is the same for richter and zero and they probably predicted the whole battle of wills and this quest. The outcome could be richter gets reset to level 1 but earns his skills and profession back as he levels up again with the advantage of his now much higher atribute, talent, and chaos point earnings as a tier 2 chaos lord. Or, xeutrix will simply take a massive experience debt off of his hands. Plus, Richter probably ends up with a wand, a chaos vassal or 2, and either a new ally, mercenary army, or vassal settlement. Maybe even a newly "conqured" level of the catacombs.

I dont see him getting too nerfed right before he starts making contact with a bunch of chaos seeds and higher tier dark/light court minion squads.

Even if he is op compared to the vast majority of his current opponents he has so many enemies and multiple armies against him, plus a stronger dungeon and seemingly tier increased beasts in his lands that it shouldnt be an issue for the story.

Mister Bill likes this.
  13. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good thinking on the same sponsor thing. I’d say that if he needed to level up then he has a ton of opportunities. The easiest of which IMO would be getting power leveled by his dragon and going into the dungeon with high level folks in his party.

14. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Exactly, he is missing such an opportunity by not mass producing his disabling enchantments, specifically for his personal war and dungeon party.

Things like paralysis, troubled sleep would be key to lay enemies down for alma to consume. Ideally, he needs to get a binding spell to convert, something like what hearth mother used on the mauler. Imaging a binding enchantment paired with paralysis on arrows and weapons of his party. Alma could up her experience harvesting by so much.

Mister Bill likes this.