Jared Leto’s Joker Is Getting His Own Movie

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by Paul Bellow, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Warner Bros. is looking to expand on Jared Leto’s version of the Joker, which debuted in 2016’s “Suicide Squad,” with a movie of his own.

Sources tell Variety that Leto is set to star and exec produce an untitled standalone film, paving the way for future movies branching from “Suicide Squad.”

Plot details are currently unknown, but the studio’s idea is to expand on the world created by “Suicide Squad” and tie into future installments of that property. Warner Bros. already announced that Margot Robbie’s version of Harley Quinn would be getting her own movie with a “Birds of Prey” feature, and the next goal was setting up a film for Leto’s Joker.

Jared Leto’s Joker Is Getting His Own Movie (EXCLUSIVE)

RauthrMystic and KTHanna like this.
  2. Jun

Jun Level 13 (Assassin) LitRPG Author Citizen

95%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Meh. I thought Leto was too full of himself for what he contributed to the movie.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Viergacht

Viergacht Thunderdragon LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Uuuuuugh.

Jay, Jun and Paul Bellow like this.
  4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'd rather they brought back Howard the Duck. Haha.

5. Viergacht

Viergacht Thunderdragon LitRPG Author Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ya know, I liked that old movie! It had a really fantastic stop-motion monster at the end, that lobstery looking thing.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  6. Viergacht

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wish someone would give me a couple hundred million dollars to make that live action Thundarr the Barbarian movie I've been wanting.

Yuli Ban and Paul Bellow like this.
  7. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Did you ever hear the story behind the He-Man live-action movie? There's a great documentary that explains it all. Good stuff.

Viergacht likes this.
  8. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  9. Viergacht

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Aren't they coming out with a new He-Man movie?
    What are folks gonna do when they run out of our great 80's cartoons to make into movies? XD

Paul Bellow likes this.
  10. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh, they are? Weird. They already did make the He-Man movie and it was a flop. The documentary is about these guys who made cheap movies (and a lot of money), but they never felt like they were doing "real" movies? So, they dumped a TON of money into Superman IV (?) the one that flopped with Richard Pryor and then spent even more money on He-Man, which also flopped.

11. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No, Conan the Librarian!

Really though, I hate the Joker from Jared Leto. He was terrible, the design was terrible, the character is nothing compared to the past Jokers that we've had. I'd rather have them recast Mark as a live action Joker.

12. KTHanna

KTHanna Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen

57%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was expecting him to be in much more of it. But apparently they cut out a WHOLE HEAP of his scenes. Or something. Which is just stupid.
    I dunno - I'll probably wait until I can rent it on VUDU lol

13. Gryphon

Gryphon Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

43%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If they were cut, they didn't matter. The movie was okay, but it wasn't good. DC movies, Wonder Woman outstanding, are pretty blah. I'm holding out hope for Aquaman, but with Flashpoint cancelled, I think I'm going to pass on a lot of them.

14. Jay

Jay Hiatus. LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I have to agree that Suicide Squad was a pretty big letdown. Didn't like that version of Harley Quinn. Didn't like that version of the Joker. Just zero interest in an entire movie set around either of them.

Viergacht likes this.
  15. Viergacht

94%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

How about Cohen the Barbarian?

Paul Bellow and Jay like this.
  16. Katastrophe

Katastrophe Level 9 (Burgler) LitRPG Author Fantasy Author Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I haven't seen Suicide Squad because it looked absolutely terrible (and also screw the New 52 version of Harley's origin that completely strips her of her agency and what made her an awesome character). This news fills me with sadness and dread.

(also if I see one more piece of merch that says "Daddy's Little Monster" I am legit going to vomit in EB Games all over their non-game crap.)

Viergacht and Jay like this.
  17. RauthrMystic

RauthrMystic Elf Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

7%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, USA
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think Jared Leto's Joker get's a lot of flack. His version of the iconic character was absolutely creepy. Like truly psychopathic. I appreciate that he didn't try to do Jack Nickleson or Heath Ledger. Did I mention that his version scared me? made me super uncomfortable.

18. Jun

95%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I have no grudge against his character, just his attitude.

RauthrMystic likes this.
  19. RauthrMystic

RauthrMystic Elf Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

7%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, USA
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    thats fair. I like his music, and his acting but i have no idea about him as a person.

20. Jun

95%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It was pretty bad. I mean... I saw it thinking it'd be good since my feed was blowing up over it when it was in theaters, and then I was like "Everything in this film is forced to the point where it's laughable."

Bottom line, the premise was okay, but they spread the story around so thin that I didn't care about any of the characters. The humor didn't do it for me. They went off on tangents that had nothing to do with the story arc. Then they tried to give us dramatic moments in the last quarter of the movie, and that left me thinking, "Am I supposed to care?"

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    RauthrMystic likes this.