Jeff Bezos Goes to Space

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Paul Bellow, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Jeff Bezos says this is how he plans to spend the bulk of his fortune

Jeff Bezos is worth $131 billion, according to Forbes, and the Amazonfounder and CEO is clear about the primary way he plans to spend that much money: getting to space.

"The only way that I can see to deploy this much financial resource is by converting my Amazon winnings into space travel. That is basically it," Bezos says in an interview with Axel Springer CEO Mathias Döpfner,published by Business Insider on Saturday.

Bezos says his work on Blue Origin, his space company, "is the most important work that I'm doing."

Alexis Keane likes this.
  2. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This is gonna be one hell of an epic showdown between Blue Origin and SpaceX. The only winner will be everybody.

I guess private space exploration is the new trophy wife contest for billionaires.

Alexis Keane and Paul Bellow like this.
  3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The person who mines asteroids will end up being the world's first trillionaire?

[​IMG]

Alexis Keane likes this.
  4. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Best thing would be for a few of them to get together and work on creating the first Legrange colony.