Kill Six Billion Demons

Discussion in 'Comics & Graphic Novels' started by Felicity Weiss, May 12, 2017.

1. Felicity Weiss

Felicity Weiss Musey Muse Muse Shop Owner Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    twoandfive.jpg

Absolutely amazing online comic. Takes some time to catch up, but worth it for the dialogue alone.

Attaching a snippet teasing the epic drinking scene ^.^

"Though she standeth two and five, she drinketh all the oceans wide."

Killsixbilliondemons.com

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Baron Sord and Readsalot like this.
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Coming soon to Netflix or Hulu? ;)

I've not personally read any graphic novels or web comics in ages.

3. Felicity Weiss

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Now, the artist of KSB tweeted out a free 'party RPG' which I thought was really cool. Le tweets:

[​IMG]

This is the google docs link: Here

And below is the copy/paste so you can witness how cool it is! Enjoy!

—SKULL WIZARDS OF THE CHAOS CAVERNS—

For 2+ players

Game works better when drunk

Have people take out a sheet of paper. Don’t tell them what the game is about, but tell them to number the sheet 1-13. They must write a word of the following category after each number (do together):

1. noun

2. roll a d6 and write the number down

3. Animal, vegetable, or mineral

4. noun

5. -ing verb

6. personality trait

7. job

8. -ing verb

9. -ing verb

10. -ing verb

11. adjective

12. monster

13. -ing verb

If players have already played SKULL WIZARDS OF THE CHAOS CAVERNS, then you can have them complete this step as normal, but everyone passes their paper left after writing each word.

Then they fill out a character sheet, using their information to complete. For example, a player that wrote ‘cheese’ for #1 and rolled a 3 for #2 would be a Cheese Wizard.

Players start at level 1

Class: (1) (2)

For number (2), 1 = fighter, 2 = thief, 3 = wizard, 4 = priest, 5 = bard, 6 = paladin

Race: (3) man/woman

Primary weapon: (4) of (5)

Background: (6) and (7)

Skills: (8-10), two at +1, one at -1

Read each other your beautiful character sheets. If players draw a picture, give them 1 EXP. Then it is time for ADVENTURE!

During the course of a dungeon, players will come up against CHALLENGES! To beat these challenges, players must roll 2d6. If they can explain how their class, background, or weapon will help them, they can roll 3d6 and pick the highest. If they have a relevant skill, they add or subtract the relevant number.

10+ is a success

7-9 is a success, but something shitty also happens

2-6 is a failure, players should take damage or get humiliated

If players take damage, their weapon breaks or they cross out one of their skills, and it can no longer be used. Once they cross out all three skills, they are dead!

Players gain experience when they defeat a CHALLENGE. They also all gain experience for surviving the DUNGEON. Finally, players gain experience each time they ESTABLISH something for the GM (filling in an ‘ad libs’ thing for the gm or describing something).

Once a player reaches 5 experience, they level up. They can either regain a crossed out skill (heal), up one of their skills by +1, or erase a skill and gain an entirely new skill (group tells them what though)

Players may also gain SHINY GOLD COINS in the dungeon or by defeating challenges. A SHINY GOLD COIN can be spent at the shopkeeper to purchase new items.

When a SHINY GOLD COIN drops, the first player to either grab it (if you’re using actual coins/pennies) or say ‘I grab it’ gets the loot.

—STORY—

The story always goes the following way: a dirty peasant comes to the players while they are at a tavern. He/she has lost their (ADJECTIVE) (NOUN) in the DUNGEON! For finding it for him/her, the peasant will award the heroes a SHINY GOLD COIN each.

Once players enter the dungeon, roll a single challenge for each floor they go down (starting with the first one), and at the end of the floor, players will fight a monster.

CHALLENGES (d6)

Have players establish the details about these challenges to gain exp

1. A DOOR!

2. A HAZARD!

3. A DEADLY TRAP!

4. A FORK IN THE CORRIDOR! (left/right, pick two nouns, each is associated with 1)

5. TREASURE!

6. THE SHOPKEEP!

The shopkeep will always exchange items for one, two, or three SHINY GOLD COINs. Items can be normal, +1, or +2

You can use the following templates for items:

NOUN of -ING

ADJECTIVE NOUN

NOUN NOUN

NOUN NOUN of ADVERB -ING

etc, etc

Items worth more SHINY GOLD COINS will have more nouns and adjectives and maybe be +1

Players can only encounter the shopkeep once per dungeon.

After a challenge, players will always fight a monster. Ask players for their #11-13. The monsters are always (11)(12) with the power of (13)

Defeating a monster requires a number of successful rolls equal the floor number (so floor 1=1, floor 7=7)

The player who defeats a monster gets exp or a SHINY GOLD COIN or possibly a magic item

You can cut this short, I think a dungeon with 3-4 monsters works best for short games. The final monster will be guarding the object of the player’s search, which they must retrieve safely.

If players survive the dungeon, they gain 1 exp and heal to full. A player that levels up to level 5 gains a special title, which you can establish with the group, such as MASTER GROGNARD, or SCREAM LORD, or something

__ ADVANCED SKULL WIZARDS OF THE CHAOS CAVERNS __

SERIOUS PLAYERS ONLY!

IMPAIRED!

If players get messed up or do something really hard or fail a roll you can count them as impaired for a couple rolls (they roll 3d6 and pick the lowest) impaired gets canceled out to a normal roll if you would roll 3d6 and pick highest and vice versa

SKULL WIZARDS!

If you want to add an extra challenge, you can instead make the final boss of a dungeon a legendary SKULL WIZARD. A SKULL WIZARD has no mercy! A skull wizard always requires a number of successes equal to the number of players at the table. In addition, any roll of less than a 10+ against a SKULL WIZARD is INSTANT DEATH!

To make a skull wizard, it’s always LEGENDARY (ADJECTIVE) SKULL WIZARD (NAME)! HE WIELDS THE (ADJECTIVE) POWER OF (-ING)!

CLASS POWERS!

If you want to really confuse people, each class gets a special power!

FIGHTER: Gain double EXP and an extra SHINY GOLD COIN for defeating challenges.

THIEF: Steal 1 item from anything or anyone per dungeon. Nobody can stop you, and nobody can steal it back once stolen, not even another thief!

WIZARD: You gain the terrifying power to TRANSFORM! When you use this power, you first choose what you want part of your body to transform into, then your group establishes what part of your body transforms

PRIEST: You can PRAY TO GOD and turn any roll into a coin flip, treating a tails as a 2-6 and a heads as a 10+

BARD: Gain double EXP for establishing

PALADIN: Once per dungeon you can redeem a character. They are restored to full health, but erase all their skills and must gain new ones at +0, established by the group

Eden Redd and Paul Bellow like this.
  4. John Ward

John Ward Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

59%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Eastern Time Zone
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    @Felicity Weiss, Kill Six Billion Demons is a fantastic comic. It's surprisingly well done given that it's a free webcomic. I haven't finished it because I accidentally closed the tab that I'd been using to track my progress and I'm too lazy to go back through the hundreds of pages I've read to figure out where I had last read.

5. Felicity Weiss

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    lol, I hear ya. If you follow the artist on Twitter he posts the latest page, which is how I've been keeping up. Tabs and bookmarks are so unreliable with these things, as you well know.

John Ward likes this.
  6. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Felicity Weiss and John Ward like this.
  7. John Ward

59%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Eastern Time Zone
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would start doing that, but, man, it really seems like you have to follow that story because it all depends on past events.

8. John Ward

59%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Eastern Time Zone
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  9. Baron Sord

Baron Sord Level 4 (Warrior) LitRPG Author Citizen

50%
    xp: