Kobold trade

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Dragon, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That's almost reasonable :)

Caste societies are generally speaking shit for the ones on the bottom on earth. In the land the kobolds have major physical differences between castes. They even have differences in mental and magical ability. Its probably the reason their society hasn't recovered, Khans actually are born to rule having been bred for that purpose unlike a human king who can only claimm to be the natural ruler by right of blood or divine favor.

Some quoutes about the kobold caste system in no particular order

The other castes were bred to excell in other fields.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Didn’t each caste have a very specific and different body type from the other? I think that mages could come from any of those caste but I believe you are definitely born into your caste system by right of natural design.

If a warrior caste child doesn’t build the specific quantities to cut the mustard he is still of that caste. That child might be relegated to overseeing of cleaning weapons and armor. They could perform other task such as strategics or logistics as well. The Kobold Caste system being so defined as the natural physical design of their race. I find it hard that one could move in any direction from their natural caste. Unlike the caste of India which remains difficult for one to move from their disposition but still possible.

Editing note

Sorry this was written some hours before your last past.

3. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    ...what? We don’t have the actual story on the library and IIRC it burned down before there were Christians.

4. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I thought we did. The story is that it was done by the Roman leaders for the Cleopatra.

5. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There were two libraries. One o which had sustained some damage from the Romans burning the fleet. They believe the fire escaped the targeted area. The Royal Library survived the Romans. That would have been the one Hypatia would have used. They have several stories about them. They believe the Muslims burned the last Library there. Read the link is pretty good.

Mister Bill, PokemonThug and Johan like this.
  6. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Would it blow your mind if they were the same building, just rebuilt?

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  7. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nope the article mentions that one could have possibly been rebuilt. Unfortunately we have very little knowledge of them. We only have the words from some that mention seeing the Library’s at specific points in time.

Mister Bill likes this.
  8. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How much will the Reptile specialization, animal husbandry and exotic beasts come into play when that khan egg hatches. There is that imprint thing. They are sapients as adults, so maybe non of that might matter.

I read a story of a race that was very similar to the Kobolds, and when Pug entered the hatchery, all the newly hatched bastereds attacked him. He was told that they are feral until they mature as adults. I hope it is the same here.

9. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I expect those things won't matter to the khan's personal development. What could matter is the increased chance of developing life magic and possibly other types of magic.

I don't know about them being feral as youths, seems unnecesarily complicated and like a massive, massive loss for the young khan. Instead of training stats, gaining skills and preparing for his future he'd be filinging shit at a wall iin a corner until he becomes an adult.

10. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Alma is a dragon. Kobolds will follow their God/Diety to battle. Dragon blood and all.
    hmm celestial Khan kobold...