Kobolds, kobolds, kobolds

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Feb 21, 2021.

1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG]
    Kobolds are a greatly underExtorted resource!
    There are many of them, like 100k to 1mln+, vast underground empire. Vast trading possibilities, mostly among kobold tribes. Also a lot of knowledge and hidden libraries/vaults of treasure.
    Kobolds are currently united to fight the scurge, so not so much interested in other matters.

Why kobolds? It all depends, weather you consider the Basilisk alliance a big enough Threat or Not.
    If MV gets attacked by say 200 bugbear warriors loses will be high, but still a standard book loses(like book5 or book 7 etc..). However if the attacking force will be ~2000 then MV will be in trouble.

Now how to utilize the resource?
    We have some leverage in dealing with this race, wanna guess?

[​IMG]

Crystal garden, I bet a specific tribe would really like to get their hands on some cheap Crac.. I mean Crystal** hehe, and we have a ton of it, probably we have enough crystal for 100+ years!
    So its an easy trade good => especially for the Ashstalker clan, who lost their crystal supply.

[​IMG]

Khan egg, this is a dangerous gamble, but one that will be played, this is needed to level up the MV town.
    I could see this as an alliance, We have the Egg or Kahan, We ally with Ahstalkers/any other clan -> unite the kobolds under the Khan.

[​IMG]

potions? food? books?(its not like we have a bunch of trading partners available to us, especially close to us and to trade in illegal wares no less)
    think of something and share great brains!

Trade really has no risks, until kobolds decide to back stab us. Just send some mistworkers with a cart loaded of crystals&goods and drag a cart of goods through the portal. If they don't pay we send a Pimp to handle shit. We really need a black market trading partner.

Alliance is tricky, will be needed for the Khan quest, and MV town leveling.. Main risk is that we have too much: Core buildings, The dungeon, Tree.. not unlikely entire kobold host will attack MV just for the Dungeon. However now they are busy, and I'm not sure if anyone actually knows how good our dungeon is really. They might think its just a dungeon. Any the main benefit would be an army of trained fighters.. or just bodies to man the walls.
    Well if we make a few deals and oaths.. at least 3 oaths for every fighter who comes to help us we might within like 1 day gain 200 fighters who will serve for us for a year. Without any possibility to tell anyone what they saw.

With this we gain a year of time to grow and 200 fighters ar mercenaries bound by oaths. Call it the Royal guards of the Khan.

ideas?

Johan and Mister Bill like this.
  2. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG]

Where are my dog faced Kobolds? This recent saurian race for Kobolds is crazy.

3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well here is another thread on the kobolds.

Kobold trade

PokemonThug likes this.
  4. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG]

And Polt from "Daily Life with Monster Girls".
    [​IMG]

Albatross1873, PokemonThug and Johan like this.