WIP Lacrimosa Online (WIP)

Discussion in 'Works in Progress' started by RJ Castiglione, May 26, 2017.

1. RJ Castiglione

RJ Castiglione Level 8 (Thug) LitRPG Author Citizen

2%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In between books 2 and 3 of my Fjorgyn series, I will be penning Lacrimosa Online, a standalone LitRPG novel with what I think are some interesting twists:

The story follows a main character, Eve, who spends all her time in the nether regions of Lacrimosa Online, a world inspired by the likes of Edgar Allen Poe and Tim Burton. The mechanics of this world has a consequence for death. The user is automatically disconnected until server reset. However, after she witnessed another player sign off by suicide, she realized something was wrong. The player was very much alive and writhing in pain, shattered to the point where he should have disconnected. This happens a second time to a player who fell prey to a pack of wolves. Panic ensues across Lacrimosa as more and more players fear being trapped in the game until their bodies die. Eve and her misfit collective of friends, among the first wave of players in the game, venture across the world to find an answer after failing to reach out to player support.

Latetide, Paul Bellow and WildAzazel like this.
  2. WildAzazel

WildAzazel Death's TP Supplier LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

7%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Birmingham, AL
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sounds awesome. Looking forward to it.

3. Felicity Weiss

Felicity Weiss Musey Muse Muse Shop Owner Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sheesh, sounds like a nightmare! I'm scared already.