Ladies and gentlemen, if I could be serious for a minute...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by WildAzazel, May 15, 2017.

1. WildAzazel

WildAzazel Death's TP Supplier LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

7%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Birmingham, AL
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am from Calgary..... j/k channeling my inner Lance Storm. Any other wrestling fans here? I'm actually from Birmingham, AL. The names Jason. (Considering using a pen name but on the fence about that.) Happily married father of 2. I have been a huge fan of audio books for a few years now listening to everything by Mark Tufo and Rick Gualtieri and then along came Ernest Cline with Ready Player One and he just flipped my reading taste buds upside down, inside out and I'm here to tell you what it's all about. I've listened to sooo many litrpg books since that book and rarely break from the genre unless it's a novel in a series I've been following by one of the aforementioned authors.

A little about me: When I was young, I wanted to be a wrestler. I did fantasy wrestling from the time I was 15+. I haven't in a few years but it's been off an on, but for the first 10 yrs, it was on nonstop. That is competitive writing via fictional character where characters compete via writings that are judged by a panel of judges.

When I turned 18, I actually started training to go pro. Eventually I had a few matches and decided I'd rather promote. It wasn't til I was in my mid 20's that I realized that wrestling was merely the outlet for my desire to write. I started working on my first novel, I call it Daemon Rising. I've owned DaemonRising.com now for many years, yet I never finished the novel. I got about 15,000 words into it and kind of just... got distracted with life. Then I came up with about a dozen and a half new ideas for books. I've gotten several thousand words into a few of them and find that I enjoy jotting notes on book ideas, but don't have much follow through on actual writing. I do my introduction chapter and then my creativity dies.

I've even made a production schedule and am 12 books deep in it. The one that seems to have a light at the end of the tunnel though is a nonfiction how to book in the wrestling business. I do plan to be the first person to introduce professional wrestling into litrpg though. I am working on that novel as we speak. I've got 2 or 3 different litrpg novels in me.

I am afraid of mentioning some of my ideas as I know the genre is new and I want my ideas to be the original in some aspects. I know ideas can't be replicated the exact same, but with people getting transferred and stuck in games and all, any idea on how they get into it that is original will soon become golden and maybe even rare. You get what I'm saying?

Anyway, enough about me. Nice to greet ya! Talk to you on the forums.

2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Okay, so I need to create a Wrestling Championship Belt here at some point, huh? ;)

Again, good to have you. If you ever have questions on writing or need inspiration, I'm hoping this is the place that gives it to you.

Halimah likes this.
  3. WildAzazel

WildAzazel Death's TP Supplier LitRPG Author Roleplaying Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

7%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Birmingham, AL
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If you could make it unique, one of a kind, i'd definitely spend the gold on it to be the lifetime champ!

Paul Bellow likes this.