Leveling The Quickening

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, May 9, 2020.

1. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A nice cheat with the potion of clarity. The potion provides a boost to XP. What one individual being would provide the most benefit to the settlement? The Quickening, that is who! Richter has already missed a few finishing quests for the tree (fruit and pixies), but it not too late. Pore the potion on the tree roots everyday to help it gain daily XP. though it will not be a vast amount, the tree should level 25% quicker than normal. That isabella elf better also be using her spell to also increase the growth rate of the tree (if it can).

2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The quickening is supposed to be pretty important. I wonder how it gains exp - new thread?

Johan likes this.
  3. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that part of its Levelling is due to how it to helps strengthen and improve those around it?

Captain BlackJack and Dragon like this.
  4. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

Genius My boy, most likely pour like 10 of those potions.. but Elora should know best.
    Also he should do it just before giving the fruit of the quickening to His professionals.
    I believe the is an ongoing quest to feed the fruit to new professionals and in that way level up the tree.
    this is good, not sure how in the same idea level up remaining core buildings/assets

Feed this clarity potion to his golumn.

I have it, to level up the Quickening we need to feed the fruit to professionals!:
    "You have been offered a Quest: Potential for Greatness I Feed the fruit of the Quickening to ten different Professionals. Only Professionals with a “Good” or “Neutral” alignment may safely consume the fruit of the Quickening. Current Count: 1/10 Reward: Unknown Penalty for Failure or Rejection of Quest: None Do you accept? Yes or No?"

Congratulations! You have completed the Quest: Potential for Greatness II The fruit of the Quickening has been fed to thirty Professionals in your village. The next step in celestial evolution has been taken. Reward: 2,500 (base 2,000 x 1.25) experience. Reward: +2% (total 3%) chance of the Professionals who have both sworn fealty to you and eaten the flesh of the Quickening to have 1 (up to 2) of their Talents celestially augmented.

Congratulations! You have unlocked a Quest: Potential for Greatness III Only Professionals with a “Good” or “Neutral” alignment may safely consume the fruit of the Quickening. Current Count: 32/60. Success Conditions: Feed the fruit of the Quickening to sixty different Professionals Reward: Unknown Penalty for Failure or Refusal: None Do you accept? Yes or No?

SO I assume that the leveling of the tree is related to how many eat the fruits and other factors.
    The Cheat is to feed the fruits to different professionals.
    Now we have consumed like ~40 fruits lol
    and have another 160.

Add 2x year growth, well get 400 fruits /year no way we will have this many professionals.. unless the caravan will bring like 500 professionals at least.. which I doubt maybe few hundred souls max
    So lets feed the Sprites and Kindr. lets spend 100 fruit on those professionals.
    We will level up the Quest, to Potential for Greatness IV or V
    Maybe it will level up the tree, but might not get the Village bonus to our MV professionals, not fully at least.
    I'd say its worth it. Help the allies up and level up the tree, We already give there fruit for Tabia to "experiment on"

And we will have more of them than we can eat, unless same professionals should consume them 2x a year which I doubt, Because originally three grows these fruits 2x a year.
    So we have plenty to power level the tree either way.

"Normally, a Quickening bears fruit twice per year, but the bonus of your Life Mastery increases the resource growth of your village by +30%. Coupled with the benefits of being cared for by a celestial pixie, your Quickening will bear fruit four times per year. Truly you have been blessed, Richter of the Mist Village."

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    Captain BlackJack, Dragon and Johan like this.
  5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good thinking. But they only need 200 professionals, the quest doesn't say it has to be new professionals ( Edit: my bad, it does say that they have to be different for the quests, though you can still get the celestial augmentation later as I read it. Richter can give some to the professionals at the HT and amongst the kindir) and since there is a 3% chance to get a celestially augmented talent (up to 2) i'd say you can feed the same person a fruit at every harvest and it will be effective (so 4 times a year Richter's 40 or so professionals get a chance for a random talent upgrade. I'd also give a fruit to HM from every harvest, as a celestial augmentation on their biggest hitter sounds like a great idea. If nothing else she can probably use the affinity boost.)

6. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There is an issue with how much potion the tree would need. It is in the too f**cking big category

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  7. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter should make a rubbing of The Quickening. All those swirls might mean something. Do it before and after leveling up, because it might change.

Also
    When Richter gained a leaf of the quickening:
    Your Herb Lore skill is insufficient to discover information about this celestial object. (bk 7)
    He should have checked this again with either Isabella, HM or Elora as higher level Herbalists than him (or even Futen should be able to tell) I suspect that making a tea with these leaves will also deepen the bond between The Quickening and Richter, just like the Mist Root tea can between the MV and Richter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  8. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He might be able to make a bit more sense of the Markings on the Quickening now that he is a T2, although I suspect that he will have to get to Tier 3 before he truly gets able to truly read it, preferably also a Celestial but his Gift of Tongues Ability might mitigate that.

9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Your probably right he has to be a celestial to read it.

10. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "A queen pixie is special in that she can generate a great deal more mana than her subjects, and so each binding will create one hundred pixies. She can also bind her spirit to a tree twice per year." (book 2)

if this base is correct: +56% population growth @ chapter 18, book 7. It is not, should be +65%
    +15% for next rank of moral
    +20% for the healers hut
    +% something else
    we can say at least +100% population growth.
    So she should either be able to bind 4 times a year, or she can birth twice as much a binding. I hope it is more bindings a year for the sake of the tree leveling.

11. Abe fromen

Abe fromen Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Manure and earthworms are beneficial to plants, since his poo is tier two he and alma may need to fertilize the tree (potions of clarity= poop of excellence). Also, he needs to tame the reaver worm, power level it to evolve it to a tier 2 ravaged worm (powerful life magic) and have it guard the tree.

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Evolve it to tier 2, then use chaos magic on it to make it evolve into a tier 3 creature?

13. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I thought they dremained tier one with the akaton evolution

Captain BlackJack, Dragon and Johan like this.
  14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not as I understand it? I think its a tier evolution, but one that probably has some severe drawbacks like losing the potential for further tier ups. So the wyrm would be tier 3 forever.

There are other types of evolutions, so maybe not.

15. Commander Azure

Commander Azure Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So Richter shouldn't Akaton Evolution himself and everyone in the MV? And I do think the mauler evolved into a hellspawn mauler, from void mauler. I do feel like it can't be used on sentients though.

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He can't. As far as I remember it works on summoned nonsentients, pets and tamed beasties.

Andrew Lynas and Cire122 like this.
  17. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Know This! Your spell Akaton Evolution has evolved your Saproling into a Whip Vine Elemental, a rank 2, Uncommon Evolution. This is 1 of 4 possible evolutions. Max Tier of evolution for this creature is Tier 1. There are 3 other known evolutions: Thorn Saproling: (common rank), Hardwood Saproling: (common rank), White Arborast (unusual rank)

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Monsters: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 8) . Tamori Publications, LLC. Kindle Edition.

Know This! Your spell Akaton Evolution has evolved your Chokespore Arachnid into a Springdrill Spider, a rank 2, Uncommon Evolution. This is 1 of 5 possible evolutions. Max Tier of evolution for this creature is Tier 1. There are 3 other known evolutions and 1 unknown evolution: Solvent Spider Queen: (common rank), Mesmer Spider: (common rank), Cinderspore Arachnid (common rank), unknown (uncommon rank)

Kong, Aleron. The Land: Monsters: A LitRPG Saga (Chaos Seeds Book 8) . Tamori Publications, LLC. Kindle Edition.

So it could be possible. Apparently not for these creatures, they are limited to Tier 1. Other than that, the evolution spell just increases its rank if it is available.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    Dragon likes this.
  18. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Leveling the quickening:
    • growth/strengthening concoction -> 100 liter barrel with different herbs and "other minerals" used to help grow trees, bushes, crops... fertilizer
    • A few beneficial creatures who would take care of the tree, like pixies, "some ants benefit the trees, by killing vines that would grow on that tree and kill it.."
    • Richter could hug the tree, sleep in the tree, try to "connect to the tree", meditate under it, if pixie can speak to the tree so can Richter. Elves can do this too, or should, like 1.5k old elf warlock.
    • Certain birds could live in the tree, they would grow and quickening like growth..
    • I know an epiphany was achieve hehe
    Sprites, can channel mana, one to another and then to Hisako, so she could cast OP spells..
    So why not to channel mana to the tree, its a way to enhance the magical properties of the fruits, and have something similar like the iron bean tree, that is super strong, ambient mana is like radiation that can and will enhance you
    Like Fairy water, increasing ambient mana levels in the area.. will increase the chance to increase ur magical affinity
    sure discuss this with the sprites first, but no one would bother to spend weeks channeling thousands amounts of mana into the tree. No one wants to try and do science.. So the benefits will not be reaped.

Johan likes this.
  19. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Enhance the soil under The Quickening with Night Soil

PokemonThug likes this.
  20. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think its worth doing even if its 1-10%, but in most case's 1% here, 3% there and the total benefit to the tree would accumulate to +50% to +300% its just that we don't try hard enough lol