Litch battle

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Mar 20, 2020.

1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Few points:

When the litch army invaded the dungeon they should have gotten insane penalties!!!?
    Like -90% defense due to taking an army to dungeon... unless dungeon was too weak.

Also Clauder could have survived after opening the casket if he would have "gone" for his profession trail immediately.. had like 0.5s to do it

Randy- best fighter of the mists by a wast margin lvl 47 tier 2. masterwork equipment + master mage ...
    why he was not in the attack? why he was not protecting the barbicon?! with him on the ramparts barbicon would have had so much less loses of troops...

Not sure how viable would this be but could Richter have taken his army & Mauler and hit bugbear camp?
    It should not be further than 20-30 miles, so doable in 1 day forced march.. also many captives would be taken and would "work" in the dungeon..

However in retrospect I probably would have tried going though the other dungeon first to get some boons, then hitting bugbears, now remember that we have the minor wonder portal, so if the bugbears are in the right direction we could even teleport 5 miles to the other portal.. reducing the distance to the bugbears..

Why cursed wand of stumbling was not used? in the attack in the 9th mausoleum level and
    In the defense of the Barbicon :D ??

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well thats for entering the labyrinth and its not a debuff to defense/ attack. It does give you the curse of the labyrinth, but the real punishment is that it attracts collosal monstrosities that no one can resist. So think t5 level 500+ gigantic slime with near total immunity to anything you can do showing up to attack your army out of nowhere.

The call to war would have disabled that mechanic and its not entirely clear how it would have worked within a dungeon anyway. It might mean the dungeon gathering an army of its own from labyrinth creatures and counterattacking.

Randy wasn't in the attack for political reasons. Bringing Richter's lowlevel chamberlain on a raid against a dangerous lich would have been really, really strange.

20-30 miles through woodland with no roads? Maybe with their enhanced stats. I don't know.

He definitely could have hit the bugbear camp if he knew where it is (i honestly don't know whether anyone knows the location of the local camps) with his forces and the mauler. It would have cost a lot of lives though, even with the mauler taking the brunt of the damage. Especially as they would be exhausted and the bugbears would be in an entrenched position. I think that entire excursion with the added return time and the time required to burn/bury the dead would take 3-4 days. They also have to bring the captives with them back and they risk the bugbears launching a retaliation attack on their convoy, meaning they have to move carefully. This may still be the best option for giving the bugbears a bloody nose, but with the lich threat hanging over their heads dealing with him took priority. They achieved total victory over the lich and shattered his faction before they could become an unstoppable undead horde.

PokemonThug likes this.
  3. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks for the answer ;D
    "“No, my lord,” Ran’dolphinius said definitively. His voice took on the sing-song aspect heard when someone was repeating an old adage, “‘Dungeons are for adventure, not war.’ The Node road only works for whoever touches that actual Node. Even if we found our way all the way to the entrance of the Hall of Elemental Hunters, I still could not transport you to any other location in that Dungeon until you touched those Nodes yourself. This is also a good time to warn you never to take a large army into the Labyrinth. You may have already noticed that your War Leader skill does not work in the Dungeon?” Richter nodded, “Yeah, I was meaning to ask you about that.” “It is because the magic of the Labyrinth polices such things. If you enter the Dungeon with too large a party, you will gain no drops and you will also find yourself afflicted with penalties. Blows that should have landed will miss. Attacks your armor should rebuff will find your flesh. There is no way around this. There are cautionary tales of leaders foolish enough to try to take armies within the Labyrinth itself. They have each been destroyed to the last man. Taking a party larger than permitted into the Labyrinth attracts the very worst and strongest monsters, colossal horrors that none can resist. I will repeat myself, and please, pay heed to this warning, my lord, ‘Dungeons are for adventure, not war’.” The chamberlain’s tone was deadly serious, and Richter took his warning to heart, “That begs the question though. How many people can I safely take into the Dungeon? And does that mean only one group can enter the Dungeon at a time?” “In answer to your first question, my lord, the standard party of five is what is allowed. There are ways to increase this. It is possible to gain an evolution to your Mark of the Adventurer called Logistics that increases party size. There are Adventurers who make a living from having increased that particular evolution several times, allowing for much larger party sizes even if they are not strong fighters themselves."

It seems that Dungeon is intersecting with Labyrinth in multiple instances here..
    I'd say that because Dungeon is an extension of the Labyrinth, penalties should carry to the dungeon party.
    However because the Dungeon was not officially connected to the Labyrinth at that time does not mean that the rules have changed.
    It's the same as having too many villagers in Barrbicon, no bonuses.. so In the Dungeon you should be afflicted with penalties.(perhaps limited ones but still)
    Slime is just one of the penalties but take a look at this: If you enter the Dungeon with too large a party, you will gain no drops and you will also find yourself afflicted with penalties. Blows that should have landed will miss. Attacks your armor should rebuff will find your flesh. There is no way around this.
    Maybe AK is talking about the Labyrinth..

Randy has killed a Chupakabra, a labyrinth creature. Also he has ventured into the Dungeon multiple times..
    I'm certain Yoshi & Hisako know whats up. He was fighting vs the Labirynth boss for gods sake he first roared "Attack it you fools Randy roarer first to shake the shock form the party"
    No reason to keep the best assassin silent, who cares what peasants think.

Yes it all depends how far is the camp.. Richter has charmed a bugbear Captain, so yoshi has questioned him, they have to know where the camp is.. Can the entire army reach it? we could f.e. only take half the army because we know that the surgical strike will be done to take out the Litch..

Bugbear attack(Jezz rest for 30 min before the attack, drink a stamina potion.. also we only need to reach the mists... then we are safe, so probably a forced march no more then 10 miles from bugbear camp to the mists..): I though more of perhaps a surgical strike, say we take (8 guys on the top of the Mauler(Like riding an Elephant) + summoned creatures + few dozen sprite archers on hisakos summoned wolfs..) we could easily will with this mauler entire company of Bugbears protecting the supplies or steal their supplies and burn their camp especially if we attack at night.. also mauler would gather a group of beast to follow him.. This gives us a preventative strike vs the Bugbears.. cripple their supplies, scare them, delay them..

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020