LitRPG Fan Writing for Tor.com?

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by Paul Bellow, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Could be cool if someone who loves litrpg got the position!

From the site:
    Writers wanted! The Tor.com blog is looking for fantasy experts to contribute in-depth essays, commentary, and analysis of your favorite books, authors, and series.

Do you know everything worth knowing about The Black Company? Do you have deeply held opinions about the magic systems of Robin Hobb, Max Gladstone, or Brandon Sanderson? Is there some aspect of The Wheel of Time or Harry Potter or Malazan that you’d love to discuss with other fans? Is there something everyone seems to be missing about Game of Thrones or some angle of A Song of Ice and Fire you haven’t seen explored? What are your theories about The Kingkiller Chronicle? Let’s talk about the work of Octavia Butler and Ursula Le Guin, Gene Wolfe, Ken Liu, and Philip Pullman—let’s ask weird and interesting questions about the worlds of Elizabeth Bear, N.K. Jemisin, Scott Lynch, Terry Pratchett, and J.R.R. Tolkien! We want discussions of favorite (and least favorite) characters, explorations of settings, worldbuilding, parallels and comparisons between the works of various authors, reevaluations of overlooked classics, and personal essays about what keeps us coming back to the books and series we love.

https://www.tor.com/2018/09/04/tor-com-call-for-contributors-fantasy-bloggers/

large_stubby_solo.jpg

RauthrMystic and Viergacht like this.
  2. Windfall

Windfall Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That would be totally cool!

I'm glad Scott Lynch made the list. That's the kind of standard I expect LitRPG to be at one day. I mean... LitRPG kinda has a similar kind of 'tone'.