LitRPG Podcasts Discussion

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by Paul Bellow, May 19, 2017.

1. Asakust

Asakust Level 9 (Burgler) Citizen Aspiring Writer

40%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like the idea of short review videos. I recall I time when I wanted to hear his opinion on one specific book, only to realize I don't remember which episode it was from. I wasted a few hours looking for it, and in the end I gave up looking for it. I don't know if he'll go for it though.

2. John Ward

John Ward Level 12 (Rogue) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

59%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Eastern Time Zone
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I've never watched his podcast so I don't know anything about Ramon or his show. That being said, you are dead right when you talk about people being willing to watch a 5 minute show instead of a 60 minute show. Even better (for me) give me text. I mean, sure, some people will love a 5 or 15 minute show, but I'd rather spend 2 minutes to read your review and use the other 13 minutes doing something else instead of being held prisoner by how fast you talk or listening to the latest rabbit trail story.

If I were @Paul Bellow I would use the LitRPG page like that. I'd write about 5 sentences that gave away the entire review for some book I'd read. Post those sentences right there in Facebook and then include the link for people who want to read the rest of the review. The rest of the review should be short. Maybe 500-600 words for the entire review, but don't make people click the actual link to get the gist of the review. Do the opposite of click bait. You'll still get people clicking through to read the review IF you manage to pique their interest with those 5 sentences on FB... but, that's just my opinion for the day when I take over the entire world and impose my will on all of you.

Dustin Tigner and Paul Bellow like this.
  3. Dawn Chapman

Dawn Chapman Level 11 (Thief) LitRPG Author Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree, an hour is a long time to watch something, I barely see the beginning and then turn it off. I don't have the time to spare. For me, shorter or more specific reviews for one book would be better for me, I can then pick and choose to see what reviews on books I've read I'd like to see his opinion on.