Logan

Discussion in 'TV and Movies' started by Seagrim, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Kari and I don't go out to the movies anymore. She's had eye surgery, which makes theaters difficult, and my aging eyes just can't deal well with the modern trend of fast cuts and shaky cam in a theater. So, we now wait for movies to release for streaming, then pick the ones we want to see on Vudu.

Tonight we watched Logan, and, I'm going to say it was one of the best movies I have seen in a long time. It's not a superhero movie. Stewart and Jackman give their final performances as X and Logan, and, I would say their finest performances. They don't confront danger on the world destroying level, they face their own aging mortality and their humanity.

Professor X, who's mind is slowly failing under Alzheimer's, but still just as powerful, making him a danger to all around him. Logan is being poisoned by the metal of his skeleton, something that he has always had, but, his slowly failing healing factor can no longer repair his body like it once could. Now, his bones are killing him.

Throw into this twilight mix a young mutant named Laura, who has all too familiar claws and healing factor. On the one hand, you have the older generation of X-men with a younger, and yet, what is more important, a father and son relationship in their ending years, with, what could be a daughter and granddaughter.

This movie tells a good story, but, more importantly, it brings an emotional connection and impact that too many of the Marvel movies and comics have had in too nonexistent a supply. It moves, not because of the spectacle of their powers, but, in spite of their powers, tells a powerful emotional drama.

If you haven't seen it yet, I would highly recommend it.

logan.jpg

2. Felicity Weiss

Felicity Weiss Musey Muse Muse Shop Owner Citizen

62%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Oregon
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nice summary. I watched this movie, and enjoyed Logan for what it was.

Halimah likes this.