Looking for French speaking LitRPG Fans

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Cadwe, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Cadwe

Cadwe Arrogant cheeky Dragon Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

4%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Paris (France)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hi all!

LitRPG is big in English but very small in french. Therefore I am looking for fellow french speaking fans to discuss it, and help promote it

Paul Bellow likes this.
  2. Matthew James

Matthew James Blind Beholder Beta Reader Citizen

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hey there, can't help you with French at all, but I remember that certain manhwa communities were popular with French speakers & English speakers. Yureka/Id_Entity (the earliest graphic novel LitRPG I know of) had not very many releases in English through Tokyopop, but is still going in French. Wakfu and other gaming forums (any game with dedicated European servers) would probably be a good place to look as well.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  3. Cadwe

Cadwe Arrogant cheeky Dragon Lord Roleplaying Shop Owner Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

4%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Paris (France)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well France and french speaking countries are huge consumers of geek and asian culture. They are an ideal market for LitRPG (take a look at the success of Noob). I will try to build a small team of french speakers to spread the word of litrpg.

Matthew James and Paul Bellow like this.
  4. Matthew James

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I had a lot of fun binging on the Noob (if its the live action mmo series I'm thinking of), but I caught up to the English subtitle progress whenever I had been watching it and never managed to revisit the show. The voice for the super noob character that played a cleric (I think he was a cleric) sounded exactly like the voice actor for one of the characters from Wakfu...

Good luck! Gravity Tales (Asian story translations with some original stories like Royal Road) has started acquiring licensing rights, so the sky is the limit for any translation and promotion platform.

edit: forgot some words

Cadwe and Paul Bellow like this.
  5. Cadwe

4%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Paris (France)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah, the original voices are great. It is actually a live action mmo webseries of 5 seasons+3 movies and also has 5 novels, 13 comic books, manga is coming out and several spinoffs (books and shows)

Matthew James likes this.
  6. Matthew James

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'll have to check it out again, I don't remember the surroundings from the show being crazy so I'd love to see how they managed the background in the comics. Going to google right now and see if they went the WoW route or kept it similar to the show.

7. Cadwe

4%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Paris (France)
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    kept it very similar. basically books and comics shoz parts that are talked about but not shown on the show

Matthew James likes this.