Looking for Strategy LitRPG?

Discussion in 'Looking for LitRPG' started by Paul Bellow, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What do you recommend for strategy over tactics?

I've been getting back into city builders/resource management as "research" for the eventual RTS books.

What's been done so far in the realms of strategy in LitRPG?

Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Tower of Babel book two is a strategy litrpg.

Alexis Keane and Paul Bellow like this.
  3. Adam Elliott

Adam Elliott Level 8 (Thug) LitRPG Author Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeesh, the one time I could brag about my book and someone beats me to it.

I'll get back to my chains and typewriter. /grumblessomewhatjoyfully

Jay, Viergacht, Alexis Keane and 2 others like this.
  4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sounds like one of dem good kind of problems? Haha.

Alexis Keane and CheshirePhoenix like this.
  5. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m just quick like that. At least in most things anyway - there are a few notable exceptions where I take my time!

6. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Like crazy text messages? Haha. I imagine those are off-the-cuff. So weird when you think of how wired the world is at the moment. And remember sending printed manuscripts with SASE! (Gold to any old-timers who remember that phrase!)

7. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Self addressed stamped envelopes.

8. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Have some gold, sir.

Alexis Keane and CheshirePhoenix like this.
  9. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You forgot to send it with a SASE so I can’t mail you back a thank you note.

10. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We're sorry to inform you, Mr. CheshirePhoenix, that your submission, while great, is not a fit for our publication at this time.

The best was to get a hand-written note on the form-letter. My Oma surprised me with a copy of my first printed story years and years ago. I'd lost mine.

Still wish I'd kept the Pac-Man time-travel fan-fic I wrote and self-published in the fourth grade. My first LitRPG! Heh. But without stats, so maybe not...

11. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It was later found by Hollywood execs and turned into the Adam Sandler flop, Pixels.

12. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Banished is a nice little game. Could also try Rimworld for research.

Banished is a nice town builder, Rimworld is a base builder with a much smaller population.

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  13. PeterM99

PeterM99 Level 8 (Thug) Citizen

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It’s on an individual level rather than group, so I guess it’s tactical instead of strategic, but you might like Earth Tactics Advance by Scottie Futch. Earth is taken over by an alien game overlay, and Our Hero has to figure out what the hell is going on. I liked the way the author handled the battle scenes, especially the MC’s confusion when he was paralyzed while his enemies could act before he figured out what was going on.

I think Futch is probably an acquired taste. I like his plots and ideas, and his writing style and humor are mostly good, but he’s pretty clearly enameled of heroes with harems, and that doesn’t interest me all that much, at least the way he does it. I might not pick up the next installment of another series of his because it’s devoted too much time to that stuff. This series hasn’t bugged me much yet, but this is just the first book.

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  14. MrPotatoMan

MrPotatoMan Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dungeon madness is probably the best strategy LitRPG series its basicaly the overlord or the mighty quest for epic loot or some other game like them

Then you have the endingish of the second book of the world of ruul series or soulstone whatever the title is which is by far the closest to an RTS out of any of them.

on a side note

rim world is much more popular then banished while I cant say its better as I havent played banished in years and dont like rim world all that much
    if you want other base builder game recommendations for research try Oxygen not included

Also if you dont already I reccomend play or watch some Starcraft 2 aside from being a great game it is The RTS.

Seagrim and CheshirePhoenix like this.
  15. shemerk

shemerk Level 3 (Apprentice) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid: