Maikel Yarimizu

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Maikel Yarimizu, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Maikel Yarimizu

Maikel Yarimizu Level 10 (Filcher) LitRPG Author Citizen

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hello, world. New year, new forum, new... well, I'll just have to find out when it happens.

My name's Michael Baker, and for googling purposes I borrowed my wife's maiden name to put on books and stuff. I also regularly use the screen names Wasamon and GaijinMonogatari, and since I've yet to see anyone else with those, maybe I'm still unique that way, too.

For about a decade I did a reasonably regular column at RPGamer.com called Japandemonium, but with the downturn in non-exported game output and my attempts to focus more on personal writing, I closed shop on that one, and now just sit in on their podcasts. I have played and reviewed so many video games at this point... it's a wonder I can recall details on any of them... and yet I can. Strange, peculiar memory of mine....

Since 2015 I've been writing a series called Princesses of the Pizza Parlor, and started putting them up on Amazon at the start of 2017. The series is currently getting a minor overhaul (new cover art, some continuity tweaks), but I hope to have everything up to episode 7 or 8 available by the end of the year, and possibly two paperback collections as well.

I'm currently in the final week of my NaNoWriMos (note plural) project. It seems like I always either finish this thing on time or on spec but never both. The projected word count once I finish typing the manuscript should be close to 70k. I just need to actually type the last 30 or so notebook pages...

Gryphon likes this.
  2. Maaike Madsen

Maaike Madsen Level 6 (Footpad) Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

15%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hello, and Welcome! Nice to see a fellow NaNoWriMo writer on here (though I'm sure there are lots of us around). :)

3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Welcome! Glad you joined us! Getting you added to the @LitRPG Author group. Let me know if you have any questions and enjoy your stay.