"Mama's" caravan?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Hastur, Jun 30, 2020.

?

How many new villagers will the caravan have?

1. Less than 100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 100 to 250

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. 250 to 500

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. More than 500

17 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Companions, are two people who have similar goals. They work together as long as those common goals remain the same.

We have a group of outcast trying to return to the land. Those Exiles and the dark court hoped to break the lock of their own incarceration by bringing chaos into the land. Those chaos seeds are gathering power. Some of which are good and some or bad. Similar to how Ricthers character has two sponsors in the Hearth Mother and his secret benefactor. The dark court will do the same with some characters whose goals align with theirs.

Just think if Heman were to commune with the Sark Court Queen. They both love to hear the screams of the torchered. They would both love to be worshipped. They both want power. Heman wanting power to grow in the Land. The Queen wants the power of the sacrifices to feed her in her prison. Their goals as we know right now just align. So why wouldn’t the Queen or her likes not want to back someone like Hemanv

2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The only ones in the Dark Court who knows about the Chaos Seeds are the Dark Prince and the Dark Grand Vizer. (possibly the Light Court Counterpart as well?)

I have been wondering wether Richters Binary Soul (Light & Dark/Gold & Black) might have something to do with a connection with the Dark Vizer & the Light Royal Chamberlain, &\or possibly his secret Benefactor/s?

(p.s. Dark Court Queen not Sark Court Queen)

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  3. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I dont know she might be a bit sarky.

4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And who does the Dark Court Grand Vizer report to?

How about listening or rereading the Dark Court portion of book six. It’s the very opening of book six.

5. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Because he is a level 8 scrub and there are plenty of evil bastards with better prospects? Being a chaos seed is a goody, but lets get real. Heman showed us that once captured a chaos seed can be farmed to death no matter how many lives they have. That means one defeat is enough to take care of them no matter how many respawns they have.

6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    ? Because?

7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t ttink that really matters. Ricther was A green pea to start with but he was blessed from the beginning with a benefactor, I’m sure for some it’s not necessarily how strong they are but what they are willing to do. Powers can be developed.

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter has unlimited and gift of tongue. Those give him a major boost.

Heman's abilities would make him ideal for infiltration and spying, but he is too unstable.

10. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So with Mama coming to town. What position should Ricther give her? With Randy being the town administrator, the Chamberlain, Ricthers personal trainer, and the man commissioned up train spies could Mama take over something for him? Perhaps she will be the Bailiff of the manor a steward or even a chancellor?

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Chancellor is Randy's primary job. Mama is good at relating to people, thereas Randolpus is painfully bad at it. He is a great pencil-pusher and a loyal friend, but neither of those makes him good at managing people.

I'd put Mama, who is presumably good at communication and management in charge of the workforce, asking her to work with the elder council to set up a fair set of regulations that protect the various races from unsafe or dangerous work conditions. Some races may have to be forbidden or heavily regulated in certain jobs, for instance a kindir would make for an atrociously bad banker. In other jobs a thoughtless kindir or pixies could seriously hurt someone without meaning to (yeah I focus on kindir. They are dumbasses. Sweet and loyal, but dumbasses who get themselves and others killed).

Could be a good idea to make her minister of justice as well until the population grows large enough to support a larger government structure. Unless that gives her too much power. Maybe Richter should keep the power of justice for now, but there are good reasons the executive and judiciary branches are clearly seperated in most modern states.

12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Minister of Justice?????

I just don’t see it.

I can see her as a bailiff. Maybe a steward placed in charge of something even a chancellor of labor.

Randy is the official Chamberlain but as stated above he wears many hats. One of which could be called the chancellor of finance.

Dragon likes this.
  13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree she isn't a good fit for the position of minister of justice. But with the currently limited manpool there isn't much to work with.

14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I hope Mama brings a Moneyer with her.

Hopefully, she will have some more dissatisfied ex guildsmen. I am absolutely sure their are more then Bartle and Bee trying to get out from under someone’s yoke.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    Johan likes this.
  15. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Moneyer?

16. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes. A moneyer. A professional money maker.
    They would have normally earned one out of every 400 coins struck or so.

17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ah ok. Did not know they were called that.

I figured you meant some sort of investor, a powerful merchant perhaps, who could pour some much needed funds into the village in return for a fair interest rate - say 20-40 % annually since they don't know whether Richter is trustworthy or not.

Why would Richter need a moneyer at this stage? I could see it if they had differentiated coinages, but as far as we know an yvesian gold is worth the exact same as an alliance, rionese, or bankmade coin. Each real coin is marked as such by the bank.

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah yeah yeah....

Coinage is very important. Coinage Impresses ideas upon people. Coinage gives the image of ability, strength, power, and might that a proper civilization would have. Why would you want to borrow someone else’s currency?

Having your own currency gives you a chance to visually impart ideas on other people. Images can carry a lot of meaning. Those images can bring notoriety. Ricther could also use coinage to create fame points if needed.

I would definitely want to make coins of the highest quality metals. To me it would be kind of like a macho thing. I would want to make smaller coins that were worth more then Yves coins. I would also keep my coinage local by only trading foreign coins to traveling traders. Eventually my coins would get out to other locations but they would still be rare to be seen away from my territory. I would also want multiple sizes of coins.

19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I hope Mama brings a professional Miller as well. Ricther needs a few other professionals that could perhaps help build some structures. Ricther needs to build a mill for their grain and he could then earn some banalities.

20. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They also need a saw mill and a proper stone quarry. They are going to need residences and many other buildings before the winter. These buildings would boost production and reduce waste.