"Mama's" caravan?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Hastur, Jun 30, 2020.

?

How many new villagers will the caravan have?

1. Less than 100

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 100 to 250

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. 250 to 500

7 vote(s)
    24.1%
  4. More than 500

17 vote(s)
    58.6%
  1. Hmmm

Hmmm Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think Roswan called for a Judgement against Nexus and won. Now Nexus is out to get "the mustached one".

From Monsters
    the mustached one,” Richter thought he heard a little stress enter the giant’s voice during the last words,

From Predators
    One of the guards said, “A black disc opened, he came through, then it sounded like there was angry shouting coming from the other side.

2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yep. He is totally out to get Roswan, its the only reason he made peace with Richter. I know he was still being passive aggressive, but given his personality I doubt he'd have made peace if he did not have a new target. Too much fun messing with Richter while also arguably helping him.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  3. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That would be huge for Roswan! I had been going on about Roswan getting experience and leveling from bonuses and stuff but a judgement would be HUGE!

What do you think Roswan would have been granted for wining a judgement against Nexus?

4. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Roswan came out of his profession trial with a specialization, and if I remember right he had gained 10 levels as well.

5. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    And the profession is one that has not been seen in a long time according to Randy. Isn't it epic? So is Tamitu related to Roswan? Related to Nexus? He couldn't have always been an auditor. Maybe he has ascended? He would have to be at least tier 3 but I'd say 4. Also before he became auditor it is possible he fathered children. Perhaps Tamitu is a grandchild, great grandchild? He seems to be protecting her. Though on the other side of things maybe he knows Roswan will fall for her and wants to use her against him.

6. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nexus is an old freak, but I doubt his descendants would reside in the mortal realm where any enemy can target them if he actually cares about them. Nexus has his own dimension after all.

So this isn't about that. This is about Nexus's grudge against Roswan.
    Beware of the words of old creepers. He promises that he has no ill intent towards Richter or the village as a whole. That does not mean he has no ill intentions towards individuals. I'd say its implied that he does have ill intent.

Its pretty much confirmed that this is about Roswan. Richter lost his crazy stalker friend. sniffs loudly.

Johan and Andrew Lynas like this.
  7. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It is highly likely that Tamitu is Roswans ex-wife, based upon his similarities to Ron Swanson from Parks and Rec who's second ex-wife is often referred to as Tammy 2, who worked at the library. If she is anything like her Parks and Rec counterpart, she will not be good for Roswan.

8. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That's the widely accepted /most likely answer to the librarian riddle, but it could be a red herring as well.

9. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    One of the greatest benefits of Mamas caravan coming to the Mist Village is Mama.
    With Mama in the village Randy will be freed up. Mama can fill in for Randy as the Town Administrator. That way the Village won’t suffer for the lack of a high level administrator if Randy was to help Ricther in the dungeon, labyrinth, or Yves.

Hastur likes this.
  10. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yep Randy can now be the village spymaster and we can start acquiring blueprints, schematics, and all sorts of yummy intel on Yves.

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    She is almost certainly the single biggest asset. But with who knows how many people there could be plenty of useful folk. Not just professionals either.

12. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wonder if there are any guild members (current or ex) tagging along. Mages guild, adventurer guild, builders guild... Travelers guild. It's a big piece of bait aleron dropped through nexus.

13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would bet there are some dissatisfied guild members moving with her.

14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe some lowerranking members. The higher up you get, the better your treatment becomes in a guild.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe, maybe not. There politics involved in about every aspect of our lives. People have Adversaries in nearly everything they do. For instance you might not live in the USA but you might apose our our electoral college system of elections. You could be an engineer and another engineer might possibly try and interfere with your work in an attempt to have the line light. Last weekend I ushered and I had three different women telling me how they wanted things. Everyone has their own thoughts and ideas. Sometimes people become overbearing and drive people away.

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Never had an adversary, i'm pretty sure what you are describing are the consequences of an extremely competitive (and therefore inefficient, there is a sweet point between cooperation and competition) work and life environment. We danes are much more relaxed, even if you never reach boss status so what. Its a hat, some duties and a number in a bank account that won't make your life better, let alone make you happy. Hakuna matata ;)

Be that as it may, I concede that there may very well be those willing to give up their luxurious lives for a life in a crowded longhouse out in the wilderness, though living side by side with vengeful demihumans that could reasonably consider the yvesian part of the upper class that trapped them might dampen their ardor, especially if they've been involved in something underhanded and now regret it. That becomes much more likely if said high ranker has an idea of how life actually is in the village. That would probably take Mama or someone else recruiting them though, but I could see her making an effort to do so using her contacts.

You also have to remember, if you are highly skilled you have many options. A laborer would be well treated indeed in the mist village compared to most other places. A crafter too, but to a smaller degree. A higherranking crafter or warrior could receive much better treatment in Rione for all we know and if its a human - which i'd assume any highranking guildsman is given the current political climate in Yves - they may not want to go to a place with so many demihumans around.

I hope that was a less aggressive way of putting my stance on this.

17. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Drag, it was Shouts musings and I am going along with shout. I have wondered the same thing about any guild members making their way with Mama. No one has said the leader of a guild was going to give up his candy@$$ job to live in the woods. Most people through out the world aren’t living a dream. Most work and fight for everything they have. Just like Bartle and Bee were unhappy others will be to its only natural. Then again some people think the grass is always greener on the other side. I don’t see anything wrong with shout wondering if any guild members will join Mama. I actually think it’s very possible. As for humans not wanting to travel with Mama. I thought it was said she had a lot of humans traveling with her.

18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Look, what I mean is that guilds are a lot like a pyramid. If you are unconnected and stilll in your apprentice ship, you are treated poorly. If you are a journeyman your treatment gets slightly better. So it continues as you grow in rank until (if it ever happens) you are living the good life. The higher up you are, the less you are likely to want to leave. That's all i'm saying.

Plus if you are highranked, you could live the high life anywhere they need a highranking crafter.

None of that prevents lowerranking guildsmen by the dozens from leaving for the village.

19. Hastur

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Actually wouldn't lower ranked guild members need to be bought out of their contracts? Is that not what was done with Bartle and Bea?

Johan and Captain BlackJack like this.
  20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah shouldn’t they have been happy as well?

Mama might have that covered as well because she is coming to set up shop.