Military analysis of Last Gods Eye Battle

Discussion in 'Not The Land' started by PokemonThug, Dec 6, 2020.

1. TWW101

TWW101 Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    When re-read it, the only weapons they talk about his people having is wooden spears and that is why they are so ineffective, but 10-20% should have the metal weapons from the dwarves. By the end of the battle, they should have more metal weapons than remaining troops.

Mister Bill likes this.
  2. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Indeed.
    Dwarf weapons were trash to begin with just a few durability points. And there is a massive amount of difference between a sharpened stone tipped sarrated spear and a curwy stick lol.
    stone sprears are as good if not better than metal spears when it comes done to flesh penetration.

3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'd probably take a wooden spear with long reach vs a low reach weapon made of metal in this particular situation. The ogres have something like double the natural reach of the panthers, in addition to being brawlers.

Anything that allows them to keep their distance is good.

Also, I don't think warriors in this situation would have the frame of mind necesary to think of upgrading their weaponry. The ogres are butchering them.

Mister Bill likes this.
  4. TWW101

TWW101 Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree in the real world, but (by the litrpg logic I think he is using) the weapon has to have more attack than the defender has armor or it pretty much deals no damage.
    The spears were 1-3 attack versus the copper weapons were:
    upload_2021-2-18_19-9-46.png

5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You hit my 20 defense steel breast plate with a 4-7 damage copper dagger, and it scrapes off doing nothing unless you have extremely great strength and/ or dagger related skill. Same as it would in real life(okay skill probably not so much).

In addition to which {relevant stat, dex for ranged, strength for melee, not sure about spears} is added as a bonus to damage as is skill. The weapons damage stat is only the baseline damage. You can also crit hit if you find a weak spot such as an eye, we've seen that plenty of times.

The ogres use their natural armor as far as I can tell. Meaning they have no skill bonuses to their defense, just the fact that they are very large creatures with correspondingly large health pools.

The reason you want reach is because you need to stay out of brawling range if at all possible. If the ogre gets a grip on you with its offhand you are dead. A spear might not give as much damage per hit, but it will allow you to land a hit and survive.

6. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    stone tipped spears will penetrate the armour and skin alike, depends on how well its made.
    Ppl dont give enough credit to stone tipped weapons.. plenty of videos how amateur kill bisons with basic stone tipped sprear.

7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That said, 1-3 damage is rather low. I imagine these spears are basically just a sharpened piece of wood,

Mister Bill likes this.
  8. Gurston

Gurston Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They didn't have stone weapons, stone working was one of the techs granted after they founded the town

Mister Bill likes this.
  9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So basically a stick sharpened by an amateur spear maker with no idea what he was doing.

Better than nothing, at least they have range.

10. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I was thinking about these
    If they could not make these, then it sucks.. I mean its the same as making fire, more or less.
    This needs some know how.. but still super simple. When you know how...