MMO? VRMMO? FIMMO?

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by A J Bishop, May 31, 2018.

1. A J Bishop

A J Bishop Level 9 (Burgler) Citizen Aspiring Writer

58%
    xp:
    Zone:
    London UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So recently myself and a few friends were talking about the correct terms used for LitRPG worlds.
    The majority are of course MMORPG's and whilst that is enough for most their have been a few variations depending on the book.

VRMMO for Virtual reality, FIMMO for Full Immersion, as well as others. What are your takes on the names for these 'games' in the book worlds?

Paul Bellow likes this.
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In marketing, I've been keeping it simple - the game or the virtual RPG - but inside the Tower of Gates I mention it as VRMMORPG. Thinking about it, FIMMO would probably be better.

Looking forward to this thread.

Casts: Interesting Conversation with 100 mana!

[​IMG]

A J Bishop likes this.
  3. A J Bishop

A J Bishop Level 9 (Burgler) Citizen Aspiring Writer

58%
    xp:
    Zone:
    London UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I know for the work i'm (very slowly) working on i'm temporarily using the mouthful FIDMMORPG (Full Immersion Dive MMORPG) Though it will ether get shortened to FIMMO or IDMMO (Immersion Dive MMO). Their is a lot we can do with it just based on how someone logs in, is it a VR suit or headset? a pod? in their sleep? It makes for a ton of freedom.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  4. Jun

Jun Level 13 (Assassin) LitRPG Author Citizen

95%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Honestly I don't care one way or another. It's up to the author and how they want to set up their world since none of these technologies are commercially available (and in most cases even real) at this time.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    A J Bishop and Paul Bellow like this.