Money - rambling thoughts

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Dragon, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Not at all, i'm just a grammar nazi XD Also a little unclear for others reading this who wrote what when they are mixed together like that.

I diden't really think you meant it as an insult, I've just been in too many discussions with american friends and asociates that end with some version of "fake news". Not just republicans either. That's not you though and I shouldn't have gotten defensive. My apologies.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Honestly, I am trying to ignore all of it.

3. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Lol, you must really love my scribblings. I’m the only guy in the world whose text are scribblings.

4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I still believe Ricther needs to met with a banker on his own terms. He needs to collect the gold and get the relationship points.

5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Risky move, but yes if there is any chance he can trust the bank - which I think is very likely - then he should go for it. But he needs certainty of their intentions, before rolling the dice on this.

50.000 gold is a lot of cash though, enough that Richter could hire a lot more dwarves for his war.

6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t know if Ricther should trust any bank. Ricther should be Leary of everyone and everything until they have proven themselves for what they are. That doesn’t mean Ricther can’t set up situations where he is safe and capable of talking, negotiating, and exploring possibilities to advance his ambitions. Using Basil at the end of his next trade mission to open accounts and communications with a bank should be okay. A Letter from the New Lord Of the Mist Village asking for a bank agent representative to return with Basil wouldn’t be far out of question. Banks often send out representatives to create new business accounts. They also like to get appraisals of wealth for credit purposes. Ricther will always need to know to the best of his knowledge everyones intentions that wants to met with him.

Belgared likes this.
  7. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it's exactly out of the question. The entire point of not removing his necklace was to prevent them from finding his village, why do that then invite them in through the front door?

IF he decides to trust them enough to meet with one of them, it should absolutely be in Law, or another large metropolis. Get the meeting done, gain the coin, reputation, and information, disappear into the city crowds, and buildings, then go home. Preferably do this after a node road has been travelled between HoEH and BotCS, so that when the time comes he really can just disappear. They still don't know where he is from, but get what they claim to want (which is something they'll get eventually and doesn't seem to be too dangerous as info goes), and he gets the rewards, without putting his people in potentially perilous danger.

Belgared and Captain BlackJack like this.
  8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like that idea as well.

Shout, do you think Ricthers Dungeon is the only one in the Land that can use or spawn magical items that use chaos magic?

9. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Kinda 2 questions isn't it? Regardless, my answer is no. Though I am of the mind that the number of Dungeons that can use chaos magic is less than 7. (I would say 10, but Alerkon is a stickler for tropes).

As for Items that use chaos magic I imagine the number capable of that is far higher. A drop is a drop is a drop.

10. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If it isn’t the others would have needed to consume enough Chaotic magic to have learned how to use it. I just don’t think any of the others have had that much exposure to it as of yet but I could be wrong.

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I mean its not like chaotic magic diden't exist before the chaos seeds came. It just wasn't as common.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t think it did. I believe all chaos and chaos magic had been removed from the Land. Ricther released it back into the land with the shard starting a new age. At least that was my take on it.

13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Besides the Hearth Mother saying chaos is the mother of all creation and destruction do you have any other references? I would be very interested in seeing some use or application of chaos prior the the chaos seeds arrival and the Lands creation.

14. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Was there any visible application of Time or Gravity Magic in The Land in any of the Books so far? If there wasn't does that mean that there isn't any Time or Gravity Magic in The Land or that it is just Incredibly Rare, like say Chaos Magic might have been?(although with the Chaos Seeds appearance and the rise of Chaos Magic/Energy and their use of the Purchase System of the Chaos Sea it might be very Slightly less Incredibly Rare now then it once was)?.

ShoughtLoud likes this.