Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord finally

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SnackBarbarian, Mar 11, 2020.

1. SnackBarbarian

SnackBarbarian Level 8 (Thug) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

74%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Mount and blade is a medieval action rpg and strategy series that first came out 2010. You start as a anything from an exiled noble son to the lowliest farmers daughter and you play how you want to hopefully become a king or queen of the entire land. Are you the kind of person who raids villages, do you want to topple an entire regions economy, build a trade empire on silk and salt, or raise a company of Swadian Knights(the most op unit in the game, like with 5 knights you can defeat an entire enemy army, most broken unit ever basically a meme) and devastate your foes? Wanna be a horse archer kiting your foes and peppering them with arrows without them ever touching you, a morning-star wielding warrior shattering shields and smashing faces, a knight Wielding a lance crouching it and slamming into the enemy line in devastating fashion? All these play styles and more will be in It’s sequel which has been in development for 10 years only now instead of clunky ai and barely 100 units on screen to something beautiful with massive battles with over 1000 Units clashing on detailed battlefields.
    I’m not one for multiplayer yet but captain mode seems legit fun.
    I’m really looking forward to this when it comes out of beta and into early access on March 31st

Paul Bellow likes this.
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I've heard great things about this series, but I haven't played the first one yet.

SnackBarbarian likes this.
  3. SnackBarbarian

SnackBarbarian Level 8 (Thug) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

74%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Warband is great if dated. I spent hours and hours doing nothing but being a heavily armed caravan buying Salt for 100 gold and trading it everywhere for 2-300. Earring the money to build a mercenary band, go win some tournaments placing heavy bets on yourself earring 3k gold and renown per tournament where the ai is laughably bad(I’m talking like 3 enemies chase each other trying to joust and end up unable to turn away from the walls making for easy kills). Then a lord may ask you to do some tasks, favorite is tax collection (you go to one of their fiefs and collect the money from it and you can either give to the lord or just pocket it lol). Then become a vassal or perhaps strike out on your own conquer a castle become a lord etc etc. really fun for me anyway lol

Paul Bellow likes this.
  4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh, for more time. These days, I tend to stick to things I can get out of quickly, so Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup or Zero-K. I'm on YouTube in a 1v1 Zero-k match against someone named ultragodzilla!

All that said, M&B does sound interesting, and I've seen a lot of excitement for the new one.

SnackBarbarian likes this.