My dirty secret....

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Eden Redd, Sep 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Yuli Ban

Yuli Ban Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Now when I say I haven't played many RPGs, I don't want to give the impression that I played Skyrim or DS RPGs a few times and that was it. If I had to give a rundown, I've easily played 30+, several well past the end boss. That on top of "RPG-inspired games" (which I don't think explicitly count but are useful towards understanding the mechanics nonetheless). It's just that compared to others in the genre, that's a paltry number. And considering I've not played an MMORPG (only because I either oculdn't afford it, never had the time to start, or got overwhelmed by the time investment), I can see why my LitRPG ideas tend towards solo experiences (i.e. "RPGs") rather than multiplayer ones (i.e. "MMORPGs").

2. MrPotatoMan

MrPotatoMan Level 13 (Assassin) Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    i have played like 150-250 games total so 30 is an insane number (flash games or similar)

Jay likes this.
  3. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I guess my dirty secret is that I enjoy weird dating sims. Like Panzermadels and Hatoful Boyfriend. The weirder the better!

Jay likes this.
  4. Jay

Jay Hiatus. LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My dirty secret is...I enjoy Bioware games a lot because the romances are fun. I actually enjoy the story lines a lot too, but SWTOR, Dragon Age, etc. The romances are honestly a lot of fun for me. I tend to make characters so I can try each romance out because I love seeing all the aspects of the game/romances it has to offer.

CheshirePhoenix likes this.
  5. CheshirePhoenix

CheshirePhoenix Crazy Hermit on the Hill LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Editor Aspiring Writer

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You just like banging aliens. You know it, we know it, everybody knows it.

Jay likes this.
  6. Jay

Jay Hiatus. LitRPG Author Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    To be fair! Most of the SWTOR romances are (weirdly enough) just humans!:p and DA is more humans and elves....oh and there's The Iron Bull of course! Who can forget him?;)

However, I do like Jaal a lot! Even if he's a weird cat-lobster man.

7. CheshirePhoenix

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sera is love. Sera is life. Bull’s was pretty funny though, too.

I was disappointed in all of the Andromeda romances. Liam and Cora were cardboard cutouts, Peebee annoyed the living shit out of me, Vetra was really the only viable option SINCE THEY STILL REFUSE TO LET ME BANG A KROGAN and Jaal was just ... meh. Vetra was the only non-Krogan that I liked in that game (to be fair though, I ALWAYS like the Krogans).

I was disappointed in the characters from both of the most recent Bioware games, but DAI took the “at least its better than the other” award by virtue of Sera and Bull. Haven’t played SWTOR and likely won’t be playing it ever, either. So I’ll take your word for that one.

Jay likes this.