LOL My First Cosplay

Discussion in 'The Tavern' started by Kidlike101, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Kidlike101

Kidlike101 Level 18 (Magician) Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So I'm back from comic con. This was the very first time I cosplayed. We don't celebrate halloween.... actually now we do for kids between 0 - 8 in private schools. When I was growing up however there was no such thing over here. You just watched it on TV like everyone else as something Americans did.

Anyway I thought I'd get something superhero-y like batman. I googled and found just one shop that sold costumes in the area and since I was attempting to buy only three days before the event I got zelch.

The shopkeeper actually laughed at me when I asked for anything Marvel!!! The only thing they had was the generic stuff like nurse, mermaid, maid...etc

In the end I grabbed a neon green crazy wig and a pointy hat. I already had a studded black dress from my emo days so armed with that. A bucket of black and green glitter on my face and every single piece of silver from my doom and gloom days I was off to the con.

Believe it or not this was the oddest wig I found in the store. I's more green then in this picture so just imagine a pointy hat on top of it and theatrical make-up
    [​IMG]

One thing...

I was going to wear some silver tipped shoes for this but they were so uncomfortable that I decided to go with an old pair of black boots I dug out from the back of my closet. The shoes were fine up until I left the parking lot... then the soles fell off. No, I'm serious. the sole of the left shoe just fell out.

Now the con was held on the other side of the city so that's a full hour drive not counting the weekend traffic...

I tore it off the other shoe as well so they'd be balanced. So here I was a black shoe on top and just my socks in the bottom walking on gravel till I got to the carpeted area for the booths.

Oddly enough I was stopped by 4 people for selfies (they thought I was an anime character). Only one person noticed my shoes. A guy dressed as deadpool that brought his own pillow and blanket and took a nap in the middle of the corridor. I just put my finger to my lips hushing him when he went "what the!!!!"

Finally, when my feet couldn't bare more I headed home. I stopped at the MC drive through for a quick dinner and a bold guy complemented my crazy wig and asked for a selfie so out of the car I go and got my hat ready.

I feel kindda bad that whenever someone stopped me to ask what character I was I said "Expelliarmus!" and waved my wand at them. I really wanted a proper cosplay.

My feet hurt and I don't think I'll even be able to walk tomorrow.

I think this was my fav. con so far. I had so much fun that next time I'm preparing a proper cosplay way ahead of time... and comfortable, durable shoes to match!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nice! Great reporting! Haha.

Glad you had a good time. I've never been to a cosplay con, but I've been to a few gaming conventions in my day.

3. Kidlike101

Kidlike101 Level 18 (Magician) Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I can't even walk today XD

I had such a weird week that I felt like sharing, My family actually jumpped when they saw the get up. I had about 5 pounds of make up that completely changed my features... and the neon wig helps LOL!

Ever had one of those days where all your plans just fall apart so you go with plan B, then C then finally it's the improved plan E that kindda works? That was every single day of last week. Find joy wherever right? ::))

Paul Bellow likes this.