POLL New core building (book 7+)

Discussion in 'Disagreements' started by ShoughtLoud, Feb 17, 2020.

?

What will be core building number 3?

1. Artificers Table

2. Library

3. Tavern

4. House of Healing

5. Water mill

6. Mage tower

7. Mana storage

8. House of Scholarship

9. Town hall

10. Wall

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We don't know. I'd assume it goes high enough to cover the village and surrounding lands in a deep sea of mental fog.

2. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Might be worth having an underground palace, if the mists have a ceiling. Might be whats already there since catacombs are usually on the bottom level. Maybe if he fights through enough levels it turns into the rest of a palace.

Johan likes this.
  3. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it is a core building. Hopefully we will get more information on it soon.

Mister Bill likes this.
  4. TWW101

TWW101 Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Should whatever core building he builds be in the dungeon to add a room or new abilities to the dungeon?

5. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Would depend on what type of Core Building it was, but I would tend to say that mostly no.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
    Mister Bill likes this.
  6. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that place is a natural development and not a core building. Natural by way of its nature (sepulcher) and it probably sits on a death leyline (no other line). May have a little help getting their as well.

Mister Bill likes this.
  7. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I suspect that it is mostly a Macro Enchantment created Building, probably multiple Macro Enchantments (possibly with a few standard Enchantments) that was Built on a Place that has a natural High Death Mana/Energy, not necessarily a Death Lay Line but possibly something like a Death Mana Pool or Spring or Sink, ect?

8. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Interesting! Would explain some things.

9. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Too much of a risk and there’s too much benefit a new core building in the village can give.

10. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think their numbers are a lot lower than that. They talked about folks coming through for half a year and it was less that 50 IIRC. I also don’t think that the hearth mother is over tens of thousands of sprites.

11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The sprites live inside a 200 stories tall magical tree according to Richter's observation. For comparison this tiny little building

[​IMG]

is only 163 floors. That's a lot of space, enough for a small town. In terms of the story, the sprites are fighting back against a massive army of bugbears that can easily redirect hundreds if not thousands of bugbear reinforcements to a new front. They need a substantial population base to be more than a roadbump.

Pretty sure we did a calculation showing there was room for a few hundred kindir hills in that meadow. As for the population, several dozens are following the party and that's just the ones they met on the way who decided to tag along.

Mister Bill likes this.
  12. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Core Dungeon, core Tree of quickening, Core POP, maybe core Golem summoning thing. cause Richto now can Golem. Sac core to Dungoen.

Mister Bill likes this.
  13. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oooh, a core celestial tree is quite interesting. What do you think it would do?

Same for the PoP. I think golem summoning would be too limited (especially since they have the most workers). Unless they’re just used for fighting.

Hmm. How about a core stables for raising and taming beasts and such? All the hunters and guards and meidon sprites could each have a pet. Would massively increase their power.

14. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh, I agree there’s room for the sprites. I just don’t know about them having that many there.

I got the impression with the kindir that it was the whole village (or nearabouts) following them around. I could totally see them dropping everything and following along.

15. Belgared

Belgared Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

68%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Is it even possible to build a core building in a dungeon? Since dungeons can actually disappear from the world of The Land.

Johan and Mister Bill like this.
  16. TWW101

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We haven't heard either way.
    I just thought since the portal was able to be built in the labyrinth and his people still got bonuses for it and it is working with his lay lines, that a core building in the labyrinth would similarly benefit the village.

In terms of safety it is presumably less safe in the dungeon than his village. I would guess he'd have to lose his mastery of the place of power or dungeon master title before someone could just remove the core from either location. The other way it could be stolen would be if the building was destroyed. He gets Dungeon Points for killing people/creatures in the dungeon where he doesn't in the village if he has to defend it.

In general, I wonder what would happen to his loyalty and morale if he did lose the dungeon at this point with the level 5 village specialization. If it did get absorbed back to into the labyrinth and he had already created a connecting portal, would the portal still work?

Mister Bill likes this.
  17. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Really good point about the portal.

What were the circumstances where he could lose the dungeon? I don’t remember.

18. TWW101

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "If the Harbinger is slain and the Item of Power is found and removed from the Dungeon, the entrance here will disappear. Everything the dungeon was will just become part of the Labyrinth. Even if we dug deep into the earth, we would not find a way back in." Predators Location 3836

That was how the dungeon could go away and then in the dungeon call for aid, when it was invaded by the labyrinth, if he failed to protect it, he would have lost his Dungeon Mastery.

Belgared and Mister Bill like this.
  19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No, not as the portal system is currently set up. There would be no connection to the Leyline. Plus the Dungeon would be dead.

Mister Bill likes this.
  20. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks! I remember now.