POLL New core building (book 7+)

Discussion in 'Disagreements' started by ShoughtLoud, Feb 17, 2020.

?

What will be core building number 3?

1. Artificers Table

2. Library

3. Tavern

4. House of Healing

5. Water mill

6. Mage tower

7. Mana storage

8. House of Scholarship

9. Town hall

10. Wall

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good point about the leyline.

2. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe there is a way to make the Library with non-paper books, I suppose a digital library would be our closest analog.

Magic Core + Knowledge Tablet/Table + (Book: Whatever flavour you want)

Who wants to be inside reading? get outside! You get a Knowledge Tablet!, and You get a Knowledge Tablet! Maybe add in some Twin Leaf for communications with the tablet so you can WhisperSync your book with the audio.

The trick is how to upload the magic books to tablet central database. Of course you must put in a request to have access and be put on the wait list until a new copy of the book can be uploaded to the central database.

Maybe even have the classroom moved outside too

Mister Bill likes this.
  3. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    not really an legit core building but...odd object that could maybe be combined with a Magik Core

1. Core Token
    2. Spirit Coin (Sarah's)
    3. Heart Krystal
    4. Seed Core
    5. Fruit of the Quickening
    6. Daemon Map
    7. Futen
    8. Krystalized Pixie
    9. Focus Krystal
    10. Fairy Water
    11. ...
    I can't really thing of any other weird items at this time.

Richter probably can not try out 1, 2, 3, 4, 9. System/Universe will probably just say something like "??? what is your intention with this item, because I got nothing. Dumbass" I just want to rule out options.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Mister Bill likes this.
  4. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    11. Scholar skull from the meadow Richter spawned in
    12. The lightning casting passive defense he got from the cave with the waterfall. He had to dive under the water just to get to the other side. Could be the key to getting a powerful lightning tower defense. Could also be the key to powering smaller lightning towers along the wall that can be used to throw lightning bolts at enemies. Noncombat oriented villagers would be supplying the mana for the bolts from relative safety at the core building itself.
    13. The Monocle of the Master Craftsman Niclewis
    14. Richter's golem

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Mister Bill and Johan like this.
  5. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If he does use the core on the wall, I am all for dragging an udo rengai sprite down into the training grounds with the sublimation claws to extract a working one for the purpose.

6. Anthav

Anthav Level 6 (Footpad) Exiles Citizen

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't think food is an issue once the harvest comes in. He has 5 farms which normally produce ~100k units of food each and each farm can support 500 people for 6 months. After spells and benefits that was estimated to be ~250k/farm at harvest so 1.25million units of food which would be food for over 6k people for 6 months, a lot of that is going to be lost to waste and rot since he never bothered to build warehouses just some wooden shacks that doesn't even store the 60k food he has but depending on the size of mama's caravan that should still be a pretty big buffer of food once harvested. Since the growing season allows for 2 harvests a year where they are once storage is situated, I suppose mass producing bags of holding is one way he could tackle that issue, then food becomes a non-issue with the current size of the village and hunting/fishing adds more food to the stores as well. Short term issue and making it through the winter to the first harvest of the next year will put them in a situation of self sustainment for food, not a gimme but "long term" they already have the foundation to survive and adding in another farm, or more, with people from mama's caravan should cover them for the future and open up trading the surplus away, and short term getting food from HM or the elven kingdom via trade should be options to get over that hurdle.

Since he's already invested into the house of scholarship for a boost to research I think he'll use the core for one of the two areas mentioned in the books.

1) Lack of spell variety, book says casters chamber but I think mage tower fits that easily and if he scribes his chaos spell into a book and uses that + core + building to make the tower of chaotic energy would probably be able to research basic/deeper and probably chaos but not other higher energy spell levels. With the increase of magical affinity to his villagers from the village specialization the ability to research and learn more spells will give them the flexibility to meet future challenges which would fit with the long term strategy he likes as well as providing the ability to research spells towards short term goals and needs as well. New spells should push skill levels for the village mages up as well.

2) The other area he needs help in is innovation, blueprints for weapons and armor and buildings and crafting items. I don't know if a creation table would cover that or a crafters hall or some other name. Using unconventional materials plus his knowledge of earth tech plus the lands inhabitants knowledge of application of magic could lead to some crazy breakthroughs, the lich even thought about those applications when he was rooting through his mind after all. Using new schematics pushes the crafter's and will help them breakthrough to higher skill levels and possibly creating a synergistic effect of more innovation and pushing the village higher as a result. Alteration points could make workshops dedicated to tailoring, making jewelry, cooking, bowyer, traps/locks/chests, or beer since that's a motivating factor :).

Richter wants a village full of professionals and either of those buildings would push the crafters or mages towards the journeyman level of skill depending on the one made.

On a side note I know he can research new blueprints through house of scholarship but there's a lot of techs the village will need to research that won't give blueprints. Farming/mining/military/astrology/smith/etc... Since there's a tech call basic spell theory I worry that AK is mixing things up. If you research spells in the house of scholarship why need a casters chamber after all? What would make more sense in those regards is like how soldiery required a barracks to research that the military research is done in the barracks(tactics/fighting spirit/special units), spell research is done in the casters chamber/mage tower, and the day-to-day worker techs like farming/mining/construction/economy/etc... are done in the house of scholarship. After all a non-combatant sitting in a room is far less likely to come up with a viable tactic than a soldier on the ground who can see things going wrong and attempt to do things the right way.

If he has to use the core on the wall for defense of the bugbears army....how about combining it with the dark abberation tentacles? Could be a "dark" building boosting the villagers dark magic affinity and would be a hell of a defensive measure if a swarm of tentacles popped out of the wall once they charged it. Or the stone giant items could make a crazy golem for defense that could easily plow through the low level fodder storming the walls. If that golem could be augmented with the lightning prism or tentacles or some other item to give it some AOE effect even better.

Mister Bill likes this.
  7. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Whatever he chooses, he should choose something that aligns with what ever his next specialization will be when the village reaches level 2.

Mister Bill likes this.
  8. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Or with one of the leylines so he gets a massive boost.

9. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like the idea of a chaos magic building the best, although I wonder if it would make other people uncomfortable. I guess they’re not too weirded out by the living glass cauldron with the dragon’s blood. Helping the casters is definitely a priority and the melee should be fine for now with the barracks.
    If he doesn’t do that then he needs to go with the blueprint making building (hopefully without introducing a ton of earth techs, I like the fantasy genre better than sci-fi).

Anthav likes this.
  10. Anthav

Anthav Level 6 (Footpad) Exiles Citizen

30%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah my preference is fantasy over earth techs but since I've been devouring a lot of different litrpg books a lot of them seem to push the gun tech a lot. Hope that doesn't happen here but with "hundreds of millions of chaos seeds" in the land it's unlikely that gunpowder and other earth based tech doesn't happen.

It wouldn't shock me if Alma isn't used as a bomber dropping red foxfire and chemical bombs on the bugbears when they attack the MV, or as a pre-emptive strike since the sprites already know where their northern camp is after all, doing a little nighttime surgical strike to spread confusion in their ranks and possibly taking out leaders...even having randy sneak in as a stealth master and planting some foxfire around their townhall/command structure to blow it sky high when the strike hits. But that's getting off topic of what this thread is about.

Mister Bill likes this.
  11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Its simple enough to institute something similar to emberverse universe rules. Meaning explosive compounds, steam, and so on do not work the same if it works at all. I don't think Aleron is taking that route, but I do think he is going to prevent the rise of cheap high tech.

We already have an example off him doing just that on Teros, where the gods cannot share technology and knowledge that they've gained from other worlds. I'm thinking something similar may well be at play in the land, with chaos seeds either not remembering or said knowledge being blurred out the way Richter's emotions for his family back on earth were blurred out so he could function.

Aleron has said he won't introduce guns.

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The village has no idea the bugbears are coming or have gained access to the mist. They cannot prepare a preemptive strike.

I'm pretty sure they used most of the abyssal material they had on hand to make the bomb to take out the statue anyways.

ShoughtLoud and Mister Bill like this.
  13. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree on both counts. Although they could still do a random strike on the enemy. And maybe then find out they’re on the march.

I doubt there’s any abyssal material around but perhaps they can still make the foxfire bombs and something almost as potent as the big bomb.

Dragon likes this.
  14. Ariel reyz

Ariel reyz Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I haven't seen anyone discuss a core portal that sounds like it would be crazy

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  15. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's around here somewhere, I think, or maybe it was on the last forum. What are you imagining it would do?

16. Gurston

Gurston Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If he used the core on the knowledge table what do you think he would get, an Admin table, some sort of surveying core building, a spy hub that produces 00's?

17. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If done with the town hall as the base building the admin table sounds like a reasonable result. Physical village interface /stats /allocation of resources etc for the town admin. Maybe even a broadcast system for sending prompts to villagers inside the village domain or some such.

Johan likes this.
  18. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What is the third component?

19. Gurston

Gurston Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The other component seems to be a consumable / resource that provides the detail. So I am thinking potions, Something like Invisibility for a spy bonus, perhaps Selecs Luck to increse chance of finding interesting things in range. The scroll of monster attraction to bet a monster tracking ability on the tables map

Johan and ShoughtLoud like this.