Next steps for the settlement in God’s eye

Discussion in 'Not The Land' started by Mister Bill, Jan 2, 2021.

Tags:
  1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hmm After having basic economy in place would be nice to scout following/ neighboring hexes, for other tribes/resources etc..
    Metal weapons actually being avg quality and being used by an acolyte literally kills an enemy Ogre champion.

Nor sure how safe would be to send a few pantherkin to scout.. but if they are fast and climb into trees.. that should be relatively safe.
    And so we could determine in like what 2h or so? if you travel at a run(ogres managed to reach us in ~20 min by running through the forest)
    But still if say few days travel there are no other tribes who are aggressive or dangerous, we can concentrate more on economy and less on military. Also trade relations.

Mister Bill likes this.
  2. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It all depends on what strategy you choose.

As things are currently set up a defensive minded god has some serious advantages in battle

1: Gods cannot leave their temple lands. Which means the attacking faction will be facing an enemy god without backup.

2: Because gods can't leave their temple lands, they cannot take the souls of enemies that fall beyond their borders to replenish their points.

3: They also cannot fight directly in an offensive battle.There are probably ways around this, expensive ways that allow the gods to face off while their worshippers are.

4-maybe: I'm not sure whether gods need to touch their acolytes or be within a certain range to recharge their powers with faith points, but that could be another major disadvantage. Assuming the defensive god is willing to splurge on his accolytes they could be throwing out powerful abilities over and over while the aggressors acolytes only have their own limited pool to draw on. This could prove a decisive advantage in battle, especially if the battle draws out.

Its also questionable how worthwhile offensive war is. The faith points gained when Remy absorbs a soul directly are very low, 3-4 points, compared to the dozens of points Remy gets as passive income from all citizens every tenthday.

Of course, the rewards for conquering a rival god are likely considerable, they have to be to make war attractive. But beating a rival god could prove difficult.

There is no question offensive war could be worth it, assuming you can destroy the enemy utterly. Anything less than that is likely to gain you very little, and at worst it might cost you a large chunk of your population and acolytes. Crippling your income through the loss of population (as well as faith ranks), and forcing you to play catchup. An early setback could mean having to enter someone elses pantheon as a minor god or leave you open to opportunistic attacks.

On the other side is the turtling strategy, which basically means sitting back on your ass in the most defensible location you can find, build up static defenses and expand your population passively. Its boring, predictive, but also very effective.

Assuming you had 180 worshippers generating an average 25 faith point every tenth day, and a new worshipper costs 100 faith point, after 100 days you'd have 1676 worshippers, generating 41,900 faith points evey tenth day.

Of course Remy's people generate a lot more than 25 faith points per nose, 25 points is a low guess.

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Mister Bill likes this.
  3. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Kill ‘em all! Let the ogres fight between the trees and the panthers ambush from above and the sides!

4. Sleepyhe4d

Sleepyhe4d Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thank you for all your good ideas. Really good strategies.

I think it might be the best to turtle up for the moment and only scout.
    Remy lost a lot of tribemates in the last battle but he gained a lot of long term advantages.
    Also he got a early shrine and should be ahead of time. Sitting back for another tenth day, making a lot of followers and letting the snowball begin should be the best idea. Of course he can still let his op soul scout the area together with a few panther to make him save (and sacrifice them in a bad situation).

Scouting is the most important thing right now. Information is key for every win.

Also it might be great to get both: A few very good/high souls and in the other hand a lot of bad/low cost souls to gather more faith points with them.

Mister Bill likes this.
  5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Info is certainly important when divising your strategy. Defense or offense.

Mister Bill likes this.
  6. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t think he needs to fully turtle up but he should definitely be careful. He should summon a crapload of new villagers and let them be curious about the area to their hearts’ content. Even more so in the safer areas. Have them come home every night and build up the village like crazy. He can even go do some hunting and such within his area with that OP archer dude.

7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    One of the things I imagine he will be doing is tame the local wildlife. A dinosaur with strategically placed armor to cover its main weak spots - I'm assuming its too expensive to fully armor a huge reptile - would make for a powerful tank to suck up enemy attacks.

Of course, remy himself should be riding a fully armored allosaurus. His divine steed so to speak.

Mister Bill likes this.
  8. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Plus, who doesn’t want to ride a dinosaur to war?

Dragon likes this.
  9. F.J.F

F.J.F Level 6 (Footpad) Exiles Citizen

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well I think he should focus on converting different races as fast as possible. I haven't reread the book in a while are any ogres left if I remember some ran away right? If so he should definitely convert them giant brutes have their uses.

Dragon and Mister Bill like this.
  10. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He might be able to get PantherKin Ogre variant if he does?

Dragon likes this.
  11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't think they will want anyone with such uncertain loyalty. Not only did they slaughter most of their tribe, they slew the tribe's god.

Besides, Remy stole the bloodline. He can spawn his own ogres now, ogres with a clean slate.

Mister Bill likes this.
  12. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Seems like the best plan to me. Get your own loyal ogres. Plus, maybe there will be a special one or two to summon.

13. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He definitely needs to build the totem and start racking up those (influence?) points. He also needs to spend some faith points and probably will need them to repair the palisade. I’m assuming he’ll get folks to build the fighting pits, barracks, and then ranger’s building.
    I would absolutely build the herbalist hut and however many lodges are needed for those he summons.

14. Legend-Dairy-Reader

Legend-Dairy-Reader Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So I was mistaken, I asked AK at the first AMA a few weeks ago regarding the size of a “zone” and he compared it to Eurasia

Mister Bill likes this.