No drawback Resurrection for 1 dude, every year.

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Mar 7, 2021.

1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richter Becomes a Litch. Good guy Litch. Simple transformation magic as a lvl 99 Death magic spell canned Necromutation. And just cast this spell:

upload_2021-3-7_18-18-1.png

though Life roots is an easier way I guess. But being a Immortal Litch really brings no drawbacks to the spell.. maybe you can even awaken old dead heroes?!

2. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I assume ladies don’t like the undead so that’s a non-starter for Richter.

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  3. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    just trqnsform into u dead before casting revival spell.

4. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    wat

5. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There are certain spells in dungeon type games:
    Necromutation - CrawlWiki

the idea : you are a mage. You cast this spell. For some time you become an immortal Litch until you need to recast. say 8 hours. In Litch mode you don't sleep, eat, drink.
    But you can cast magics, explore etc.. and sure recast the necromutation spell.. and extend your immortality.

Litch gives immortality, imunity to poison, no sleep, food needed, strong AC and EV, mental defences++

Mister Bill likes this.
  6. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    undead using powerful life magic sounds like a good way for said undead to become dead dead.

Joe Schmoe likes this.
  7. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Most def. Life spells and holy spells slaughter the undead(I'd even would use scrolls for this or rituals-> mass killing of undead). So Just beeing a Litch is not enough.. unless you want to be an immortal librarian...

However when you are a Litch nobody stops you form becoming a fire Grand master mage(And Ice and teleportation and etc..) and start casting fire storms, with fire vortexes/elemental in these storms who randomly move, block and attack enemies...
    You are immortal.. enemy is burning in hellfire type of fire blocked by multiple elemental/vortexes... pretty bitchin. with insane fire resistances and great numbers you still can and will be ovverun. So you need controlled blink/teleportation.. ability to retreat to gain space and regen mana.

Hmm worshiping a Mage God.. should give you mana channeling ability.. to be able to regen mana at extremely fast rate if your piety is high enough hehe.. Oh and with mutation resistance you can easily traverse all 100 levels of hell and the abyss and the ziggurat... slaying millions!
    [​IMG]

8. Gurston

Gurston Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I always thought Singh was a previous master of the mist village place of power. (because the Dark Aboration was trapped in place the same way as Jurgen was trapped at the dark portal) and assumed he had to give it up when he bacame a Lich because the life place of power would interact badly with being undead. Now Singh has met the final death I guess we wont get that answered one way or another

Mister Bill likes this.
  9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm fairly sure the lich isn't responsible for the aberration as that happened during the time of the old mist empire.

Johan and Mister Bill like this.
  10. Gurston

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh I thought it was only there for Centuries not Mellinnia so would fit on the timescale for the lich being a master, or was the old empire not as old as i thought. Has anyone made a time line of events?

Johan likes this.
  11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There are several attempted timelines at least. Might be time for a more serious attempt though.

As for the lich we can place him in the currently deserted human village 200 years before current events.

So at some point prior to that he went underground and established his realm of the dead.

We also know he considered Sion a kinsman/ descendant/ blood.

I'm unsure whether his descent into lichdom is set before or after the first conqueror kings in Law and the establishment of the kingdom of Yves. He might be a product of the wars that left Yves in control of everything west of the river (between the forest of Nadria and the kingdom of Yves) to the singing hills, down to the golden sands and north to the serrated mountains, but if so I can't tell from the pieces of history we get.

Given his outright hatred for humans to the point where he is frothing at the mouth at seing Sion and Richter work together, it would make some sense that he fought them, but it could be coincidental.

The kingdom of Yves has existed for a thousand years or so, I doubt the mist empire existed concurrently. So if he is an old mistlord, he would have to have been born earlier.

Feel free to pick apart my train of thought.

The last active member our dear lightbulb remembers lived 30.000 years back. I don't think the lich is that old.

Johan likes this.
  12. Gurston

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh I didn't think he was mistlord of ages old, I assumed there had been smaller owners in between. Find a place of power set up and experiment on dark abborations and necromancy. Wouldn't need a city / empire or the mists to advance the place of power just quests. Then when he is ready to lich leave as a life place of power nolonger worked for him.
    That would fit with the Kingdon of Yves, if he gets displaced a thousand years or so ago. finds the mist POP and works on his magic extending his life as the owner of a life place of power and makes the Dark aboration. then leaves and becomes a lich when he is powerful enough and starts to build an army to scourge the surface and burn down Yves and anything in the way.

Mister Bill likes this.
  13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That wouldn't fit with the rest of the setup, such as the artifact level map piece behind the second layer in the safe. Considering just a fragment of a map is already the highest level of value for an item - that we know of -, the value of what it leads to is probably staggering.

The lich could have made the abomination, but he would have taken much better care of it if he wanted to use it to protect something so important. That assumes he wouldn't have cleared out all valuables when he left.

I think the Mist Master who created the abomination retrieved the map piece a very long time ago, and created a powerful abomination as a safeguard. Following his or her death, the cavern was likely forgotten, with anyone entering it getting killed by the abomination. Over time it weakened enough Richter could win.

PokemonThug likes this.
  14. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This is brilliant

15. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Litch said : "The previous masters of the Mists caused a lot of problems for me" Hence he was never a Master of The Mists. Also there are mentions to the Mist Empire that spread for like 600 miles or so. Which is probably when the Highest power was reached and Abberation was created with the Runes and Titan steel Vault.

If Litch went through all that to Create the vault he would not have left it.

Feels like the Litch got his ass kicked by one or the other master of the mists.. or at very least was very much inconvenienced so he has decided to lay low for 200 yo or so and build up his forces before he would try to take on the Mists again.
    You could have a mausoleum underground or Upon 4 leylines in a POP. If Litch could he probably would have chosen PoP.. Unless the Exile demanded secrecy.. kinda hard to tell

so
    Now: Licth be pwned
    -200yo: Litch slaying the villagers
    -200yo
    Yves kingdom...
    Mist empire(600 miles diameter or whatever)
    -30000yo

Litch probably is not older than 1500 yo. Also he probably became a litch somewhere -250 to -600 yo. And sprites were xenophobic like always.. I'd simply ask Hisako to check their records and see when the last known Necromanced/death magic practitioner was discovered.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
    Johan and Mister Bill like this.
  16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The more I think about it, the funnier the idea that sprites are xenophobic solely because they fire on human intruders becomes.

Sprites are xenophobic as in they fire on humans that enter their property without permission on sight. I believe its legal to shoot an intruder in some US states without warning if you have reason to believe they are a lethal threat to you or your family?. I'm certain the US border guards will fire if heavily armed mexican cartel members are operating inside their border.

From a sprite perspective Richter is an armed human who is clearly out hunting, a human hunter in an area where the only other humans that visit are armed, murderous poachers who think its fun to feed kids to monsters. Its the equivalent of Richter spotting a party of bugbears sniffing around the village. Could they be from a friendly tribe of pacifist bugbears that wouldn't dream of striking the first blow? Sure, but Richter isn't going to stop and ask is he? Of course not, he launches an ambush to capture or kill them, giving them zero chance to prove themselves.

Like anyone with a brain, the max mercy he extends is a demand for them to surrender or be fired upon. Should they against all odds be innocent civilians or from a different tribe that isn't at war with the village, well they can always be sent on their way after they prove themselves. The way Richter asked the prisoners of war/ former slaves to prove themselves or walk back out into a warzone.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    Johan likes this.
  17. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    PokemonThug - Homophobic? Do you mean Xenophobic?!?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
    Mister Bill likes this.
  18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well by the standard he applies to the sprites.

19. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    yep Xenophobic.
    Im not sure they are very friendly or could be in general while living in the land... its life or death in most cases

Dragon likes this.
  20. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Does anyone have an excel document or maybe that Google sheet that one guy made for the Fandom page year ago, for placing known dates of old places?

Dragon likes this.