Nonhuman caravan

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Dragon, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Freezing up is a common reaction in adults as well as children when suddenly attacked - for example it happens quite often during rape that the victim cannot say anything or fight back due to their body locking up. If he wasn't a warrior or soldier its a perfectly natural reaction to a potentially deadly assault.

2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Interestingly Carnivores have less Taste Buds then Omnivores, and Herbivores have more then Omnivores. It's something like - Carnivores 25-50× less then Omnivores, and Herbivores have something like 250-500× more then Omnivores, so beings that are primary Herbivorous should have much better Pallets for Cooking.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
    Captain BlackJack and Johan like this.
  3. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Really, I had no clue. I was just going on about Goblins traditionally having huge mouths. I do know that your sense of smell effects your ability to taste as well. I think that again would put the ball in a Goblins Court. With goblins, humans, and Orcs all omnivores who would win the taste test?

4. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that is normal for earth but I think the fight or flight would be a whole lot stronger in the land. As violent as the land is I would think most would have witnessed what happens if you don’t act on the fight or flight instinct. Those that sit still would remove themselves fairly fast from the genetic pools.

5. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Whoever had the bigger mouth probably

6. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Bigger mouth bigger tounge.

Johan likes this.
  7. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That's not necesarily true. A strong fight or flight instinct would lead to fighting the aggressor. Freezing up on the other hand would be seen as submitting/ accepting the inevitable. You might get tossed around a little and take a few slaps to your dignity, but you'll often survive in situations where neither fighting or fleeing are valid options. Between dignity and survival, most choose survival.

If you think of that happened on earth with both robber gangs and lawless nobles taking what they wanted, submitting was the main path to survival for the vast majority of people, especially prior to guns leveling the playing field a little in some situations. Some problems cannot be solved and fighting back only leads to greater suffering or death.

A land example would be the slaves the goblins have. They did not fight back, they simply did not have it in them to stand up for themselves. Doing so regardless of circumstance is not a survival trait.