NWN Dark Sun Video Game

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Tonden Ockay, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Tonden Ockay

Tonden Ockay Level 7 (Cutpurse) Citizen

34%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  2. Tonden Ockay

34%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We are always recruiting for this project.

- (Classes) We need for someone go class by class tweaking each one for Dark Sun. There are a good bit of changes that will need to be made for different classes.(edited)

- (Creature erf) We need someone to go through our creature hak and one by one create each creature in the toolset leveling them up, giving them the correct AC, BAB, HP, Attacks, Skills, and Abilities. Then take in game screenshots of them and make custom portraits for each one. After all of them are done they would need to be exported in one large erf. This will allow for use to import the erf into the server module and have all creatures created and working.(edited)

- (Spells) We need someone to go through some of the spells to make them more Dark Sun and MMO compatible.

- (Advertising) We could use someone who would take and create a really nice “Weekly Highlight” every week of something we have done the the project. These things could range between a Creatures, a Player Model, an NPC, a Class, a Placeable, a Tilesets Model, a Script, a spell, and so on. You only only need to take a nice screenshot or two of it and if there is a Dark Sun painting/picture of the same thing on the internet you could post it as well or do a side by side to show how close we are trying to be. Then you would do a write up talking about who created it, thanking them and so on. Again this would only need to be done once a week and then post it to all the websites that we are Advertising on. Then through out the week check on those sites in case someone has a question or is looking to join the team.

- (3d Modeling) Making 3D models creatures, items, placeables, clothing, armor, weapons, NPC’s, mounts, or tilesets. We have 5 people in this area so far, but we still need a lot of help in this area.(edited)

- (Scripter) Creating Custom Scripts, We have 4 people in this area already but we could always use more help.

If you have the time and think you would enjoy working on this project please contact me here on the forums or on Discord (My Discord name is Tonden#9076)

3. Tonden Ockay

34%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG]

Draygoth is a member of our team here at NWN Dark Sun, who is responsible for creating custom 3D Mounts and Creature models for the project. We really love the work that he is doing because like most of us on this project Draygoth is more concerned with the quality of work he is doing vs speed. He is a valuable member of the team and we are luck to have him.

So thanks Draygoth for all you have done and are still doing for this project.

We are still currently looking for more people who would like to join our team and help with this project. Here is just a small list of things you could be working on.

- Website work
    - Recruiting
    - Art work
    - Interactive Map
    - 3D model creation
    - Scripting (code)
    - NWNX Setup (yes this is something we are looking into for the online server)
    - Website to Server features
    - Discord to Server features

So if you have the time and would enjoy working with a great group a people come join us.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  4. Tonden Ockay

34%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG]

This team really is working on recreating a living 3D world of Athas (Dark Sun Setting) that we all know and love using NWN (Neverwinter Nights)

I want to thank Azimn for the work he is doing for our NWN Dark Sun Project. Azimn is the newest member of our team, who is currently working on recreating some of the iconic Dark Sun NPCs.

We now currently have six different people on the team who can create 3D custom models.

That said, we are still currently looking for more people who would like to join our team and help with this project. Here is just a small list of things you could be working on.

- Website work
    - Recruiting
    - Art work
    - Interactive Map
    - 3D model creation
    - Scripting (code)
    - NWNX Setup (yes this is something we are looking into for the online server)
    - Website to Server features
    - Discord to Server features

So if you have the time and would enjoy working with a great group a people come join us.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  5. RedCulver

RedCulver Level 6 (Footpad) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

23%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wow, this is awesome. I put so many hours into NWN back in the day. I really want to get the remastered version but I know I just don't have time these days to actually play it. I wish you the best of luck!

Paul Bellow likes this.
  6. Tonden Ockay

34%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We have a really nice core team of people working on this project some put more time into it then others but we are all working on it in our free time, so after work, school, family activities, and so on. If you would like to help with this project at all even if it was only a few hours each month any help is better then no help ;)

7. Tonden Ockay

34%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We now have a Twitter page for our NWN Dark Sun project and I thought I would share the link for those who would like to follow our progress. NWNDarkSun (@NwnDarkSun) | Twitter

I can also be reached by Twitter as well. There are so many websites that we post on I don't get to them all the time, so Twitter or Discord would be the fastest ways to reach me.

I'm Tonden#9076 on Discord
    Discord - Free Voice and Text Chat

Thanks for your time.

8. Tonden Ockay

34%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG]

NWN Dark Sun

I have been working on a Jungle Terrain to work with my Desert Tileset and I feel like its slowly coming together and starting to look really thick.

Keep up to date on what we are doing with the project and or come support us by following us on our Twitter Page. NWNDarkSun (@NwnDarkSun) | Twitter

We have a really nice core group of people working on this project. We all hang out of Discord sharing ideas, screenshots, files, helping each other, and just talking all while working on the project. If this is something you or someone you know might enjoy helping with let me know we are more then willing to help you to learn how to create content if that is something you would like to learn.

- Scripters/coders

- 3D model creators

- Animation creators

- Texture creators

- Writers Stories/Adventures

- Website creating and updating

Just let me know if you would like to join our team and help to bring the world of Athas (Dark Sun) to life as a 3D video game using NWN.

Thanks for your time
    Tonden

[​IMG]