Official LitRPG Adventures Ideas / Suggestions / Feedback Thread!

Discussion in 'LitRPG Adventures' started by Paul Bellow, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Stickied!

Johan likes this.
  2. Daza99

Daza99 Level 4 (Warrior) Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Suggestions. Hard to know what is already on the to do list but here goes..

1# [Community Library] But it would be nice if this screen mirrors the creation/generation screen where you filter what you want to generate but instead this will be search filters. This way the user can quickly narrow down what they are looking for and also save credits.

2# [Community Library] Add a 5 star rating system for community creations this could be an extra search filter as well. Of course everyone has different tastes but still might help find good ones at the top of the list for somewhere to start.

3# [General] A Road map page linked on the main page perhaps under About? Along with what has been completed on the road map.

4# [Generators] Would like to see a text box option where I would describe a creature that the Ai will take these as keywords, this could be a custom option with little filters or if the user perhaps no filters and the generator can work with what the user writes. There could be a template text within the text box that mentions, type of environment and other suggested info to best produce something interesting etc.

5# [Generators] Since i am new this idea may not fit at all or has already been mentioned. A custom generator page;
    But it would be handy if the user could make tags, that has a details/description part to it which the user could fill out. Lets say i created an ice world and i have created a tag for it which is in name and description, the description could have tags within it too. When generating something, and choosing which tags to use (like we do with fixed ones at present) in the filter list there could be my tags list (and only the users tags- could be an option for community tags perhaps too if in a hurry or starting point) and the Ai refers to my tag's details/description which will make sure what is generated fits the lore, consistency with environment . I know i am making this sound too simple and the generators already do this to an extent- but its fixed. Some tags might be basic like arid, rocky, scorched earth. The idea is to cross-over tags from one generator to another- so that your world building can be consistent- that is the essence of what i am trying to convey.

I guess this would have to be done in steps, like we first must create an Overland creation or world (if a more detailed one is created) and the generator gives you a name of the world (i don't think it does this at present- is Overland a continent or region generator?) and this is world name saved to the server along with a code (similar to how Discord usernames has one applied to deal with duplicates (I guess this feature will have to be for higher tier subscriptions if much more data is going to be stored on a server).

So on this Outland/World creator page, there could have a button "Copy to Clipboard" or something; and we highlight text already generated; a town or place name within the description of the region/world and we click Copy to Clipboard- which it is saved as a new tag. We then using a drop-down could choose what type of place it is ie. town, village, region, point of interest.

Then a Generate button appears or is no longer grey beneath your newly created location tag; and the generator gets to work on generating details about whatever it is; using the generated overland info to it will fit, ie. a desert or perhaps it choose arid steppes (which would fit with a desert region). Etc. Once you have enough places. Towns could be generated in the same way. Even the rumors could be copied to clipboard and become a tag that the generator can flesh out more if the user really likes one of them. So when generating characters we could pick a region tag or place, and it will work with that. Eg. a desert so the creature might be detailed to deal with the heat or a character- wears clothing that would fit with hot temperatures etc.

Ai Dungeon does this with World Info and Remember tags. I guess each tag would have an option to mention which world it belongs to no matter type of generator created it. Default could be None. But if i created a world called Arcanum, then i can set that as my default and all tags created will have that stamped on it as well. And in any generator there could show that default world (maybe right click it for a drop down to change to another world/tag i have) and the Ai will use that key tag to relate to which generator is active.

I realise this might not be feasible at all, but ideas are free. I hope these ideas are clear and flow well enough. Also i believe there is an intention in the future to have a service similar to Ai Dungeon, which this a rich custom tag system could be the foundations for it.

In closing, i guess we will see more likely see a means to create custom tags and details to those tags would help us more directly shape a generated result. The more complex idea of Ai sifting through all tags (linked to a World) would be a future advancement or even higher tier option in the future.

Users could use their own means of tracking all the info be it copy text into a mind map or spread sheet etc (which they would be doing anyway if they were working on a game or book).

3. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good idea. I don't think the checkboxes would work. I really think just a search box will help a lot. This is high on my list of priorities for the project.

Good idea. I've got a star system for some things - like if you look of Vermin (?) Shattus in the library (or any character) there's a CONTINUE THE STORY button. That's still a work in progress, but check it out. Those have star ratings. I just need to add them to the entire pieces of content.

Good idea. I've been promising one for a while, so I really need to get it done.

I'm going to try to get approval for this from OpenAI. It shouldn't be a problem, but I need to get permission from them first. I originally had it set up like this and it works really well, but to get approval, I took it out originally... that and other things like LIVE CHAT with a character...

Would be interesting to "chat" with a character backstory after you create it, but it's too cost prohibitive at the moment ... and I would need permission for something where people can type in anything...

We've discussed something similar. The entire "world" (default) is Zaidan (kingdom of Grabisco and other kingdoms)... However, we've had an idea that (maybe for a higher tier) you can create your own world from top to bottom. You would name it and then gradually fill it with cities and monsters and dungeons and characters. So, on the generators, you would have a dropdown maybe that said WORLD and it would be Zaidan (default) or you could create your own private (or public?) world that only you can add to or that everyone can add to... I think it would be super cool, and yes, it would help tremendously with the eventual game. A lot of the work on the generators will make it into the eventual game one way or another. I like the idea of creating distinct worlds, but your tag idea has merit too. I'll give it some more thought.

When I created the RPG guides on Amazon (which I explain the Terms of Service for LitRPG Adventures), I edited them a lot so it really feels like a single cohesive world - Zaidan ...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08LCY1JF9

Not all but some of the descriptions contain references to Zan the Wizard that keep popping up, etc.

Another idea is to take all the content generated and edited and then fine-tune GPT-3 on the output which would likely improve quality AND get the price down a bunch. I'll need gigabytes of data and more interest in the site before OpenAI will use the resources to do it, but it's very viable, I think.

You've definitely given me a lot of food for thought, though!

4. Daza99

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Add a Login button on the landing page https://www.litrpgadventures.com/
    Unless i am mistaken there is no way to get to the workshop page from the main page, i eventually had to go to my profile page via the email i got when i joined which that page had a workshop link.
    Perhaps have the Workshop button will appear at the top on the landing page when logged in, and an auto login would be handy to- but that might be down to browser you are using?
    It would make things much easier especially for new users and overall user friendliness.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  5. Daza99

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Community Library could do with some tweaking. For example by default Character Backstories is the first category and if you click on Search Content button and it will show the parameters it needs to do a search. If you decide you want to choose something else in the drop down you will be stuck on the Character Backstories and have to (from trial and error to work this out) currently we have to click on the Community Library button at the top of the page to be able to choose something else.
    What i did notice as it is currently; if i select some variables in the parameters (or none) and then choose another category, eg. creatures and then click on Search Content it always came up with You rolled a 1. Try again. Now if you click on Search Content again it will display the parameters for the new category you had chose.

It would be handy if merely choosing another category in the drop down will refresh the page and display the parameters for the newly chosen category.

But as a further future suggestion, what if all the categories were listed in rows in a sidebar to the left, it would mean the user can see them all and just click on one- rather than having to interact with the drop down. It would be more streamlined for new members and just easier to see the options in a glance, the font size will have to be a little smaller than they are for spacing reasons, as i notice they are quite large in the dropdown. This side bar could start at just below the page banner at the top and over time when more categories are added the user could move mouse pointer into the sidebar and merely scroll the mouse wheel to go up and down- opposed to having or as well as having a scroll bar. However my suggestion might not be the best for those with small monitors or using a laptop- unless the sidebar can pop out and in with a >> and << button.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  6. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Someone's asked for this already, so I need to get on it. I had a sign-up box on the top bar of the homepage, but it wasn't looking right. Let me try again.

Mister Bill likes this.
  7. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good ideas. I want to list the last 10 for each generator too. So, you'd have last 10 taverns (and a text list of ten that are links to their content)... I think doing it all on the same page without the page reloading kinda messed me up a bit. The other thing is that there's SO MUCH content. I wanted to think about making it easier long-term. I really like the left column idea, though. I could have it change on mobile devices fairly easily. Let me see what I can get done this coming week.

First will be a master ROADMAP. I've got it all in my head, but I should get it down and share it with the dozen people signed up so far. Thanks again!

8. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It goes right to the subforum this thread is in.

9. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We're talking about the LitRPG Adventures website, sorry!

Mister Bill likes this.
  10. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yup. Social, then forum goes right to the subforum this thread is in.

11. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yup. I think he was talking about having a login button on the LitRPG Adventures site on the very top like we do here. Thanks, though!

Mister Bill likes this.
  12. Daza99

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That's right i was talking about the main Adventures site there is no way to get to the workshop from there (or that is not obvious if there is) nor no where to login which the Workshop link/button might appear and the Become a Member button goes away once signed in. Once a Login button is added perhaps the Become a Member button becomes the Workshop button/link?

Paul Bellow likes this.
  13. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I hope to have some progress shortly. Stay tuned.

14. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ah, okay. Thanks!

15. Daza99

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Suggestions:
    These are for dungeons but also for other areas above ground, and different periods, eg. historical (which could fit well with alternative history) and fantasy (ie. LOTR), maybe later even Sci-fi.

1# Dungeon room description generator, tags or filters could be (some wording might need improvement): storage room, sleeping quarters, prison quarters, cooking pit, metal works, waste/refuse room, weapons room, lookout room, war room, meeting room, laundry room....etc.

2# Other places/rooms: Would like to see a variety of types of locations and rooms; Perhaps best to have some hard baked filters such as genre, and type of setting, time period and then whether you want to generate a room desc or place (ie. a single building or a village with a fairly good description (for a building itself- what it is made out of, age, architect style and also importantly layout (more so for a bigger area like a village and would be nice for buildings too eg. has 2 bedrooms on the east side and a porch on the north side where you also find the master bedroom and perhaps a basic history which would be more for a place rather than a single building; but then again some buildings might have an interesting history). Examples..
    farm, farmhouse, medieval town, medieval settlement/village, Port city, even other rooms like a barn, wash house, outhouse, food storage, smoke house (eg. smoking meat or fish), tannery, loom room etc...

3# Item generator: this could be filtered for types of location settings and also location based (locations above for rooms could become filters for items) so there could be items expected to be found in a smoke house or farmhouse etc. I notice you already have filters for common and uncommon etc. So common items could be what you would expect, ie. a bed in a bedroom, a rakes in a barn for example, a lantern in a shed etc. Uncommon things might be things dropped or left in a room that might not directly associate to the room- like a hat in a barn or fishing rod in a bedroom. This item generator could work in tandem with the room desc generator, whereby you have a written prose description of what the room structually/style and layout looks like and then also add, you can also see things like item1, item2, item 3 etc- which are grabbed from the item generator (or/and saved ones from the community library to save on GPT3 costs)

These generators would be gold for writers of stories and interactive fiction and also a GM who might want to have a collection of room desc and items on hand.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  16. Daza99

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  17. Daza99

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Still do not see a Login button on the main website. I've bookmarked the workshop page, but for new comers it would seem odd, as if there is a secret door where one has say friend for it to appear or something.

Another suggestion is perhaps have a progress report thread (comments locked) where the Dev writes in reports of what is new on the site and with other behind the scenes progress, which always handy to read and see the progress. I know with only one dev progress will be slower than with a team but it helps to give a sense of progress even if the reports are minor. I am not expecting detailed reports (which would take time to write) but even footnote type of reports. I see one or two old posts from middle of last year like this but that is all, in one single thread and perhaps pinned would be better.

Paul Bellow and Mister Bill like this.