WIP One Life

Discussion in 'Works in Progress' started by Isaac, Aug 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Isaac

Isaac Level 7 (Cutpurse) LitRPG Author Citizen Aspiring Writer

26%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm currently working on a book I'm calling One Life, posting it as I go on RRL. I'm having a blast with it, like I've said a few times before, though with how quickly its gained views and followers (compared to another book I have posted on another site) I'm actually starting to think that not only is it fun, it might just be successful. I won't know until it's done, of course, but I have high hopes!
    Figured I'd make this thread just in case people had questions, comments, or just pieces of advice for someone who's new to the genre; as well as put updates about the book and the journey both myself and Deran are taking xD (Deran being the MC)
    The current "update" being after the next chapter is finished, I'll be going back through and cleaning it all up, the tables aren't all the same, a few of them were improved as new ideas came to me. I'll also be adding a little bit of details that were overlooked, character descriptions and all around environment. I wrote the basis first to get an idea and then the story yanked me along and I never got a chance to go back. I will be doing that soon though!
    If you haven't checked it out yet, it would be awesome if you did, even if just to tell me just how much work it needs. I can take criticism and I'd rather make this the best piece it can be, rather than just making it eh at best. Thanks everyone, have a great day!!

Link to book on RRL: One Life | Royal Road

Jay likes this.
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sounds interesting. Good luck!

3. Isaac

26%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks! That's funnier than you realize as one of the main characters is called Lucky Luke. He puts all his stat points into luck xD makes for a fun time

Paul Bellow likes this.
  4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think @Blaise did that in ... Luck Stat Strategy. Always good to see a new take on stuff.

5. Isaac

26%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh nice! I'll have to give that a read! I just loved the idea of someone who puts everything in luck. Doesn't always work out, still takes a beating. But barely making it is still making it! :D
    Since coming here I've found so many new books I gotta read

Paul Bellow likes this.
  6. Isaac

26%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's already got over 1000 views!!! Insanity!

7. Isaac

26%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Took two months but the view count has broken 2k! Feels pretty awesome and it's definitely a motivation to keep writing. Finding Royalroad was a blessing haha, I'm loving the adventure so far.

8. Windfall

Windfall Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

25%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Grats! :)

9. Isaac

26%
    xp:
    LitCoin: