Only $85 plus shipping: The Hobbit Boardgame

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Paul Bellow, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    oldgold.JPG The Lonely Mountain: Lair of Smaug the Dragon (Boardgame based on The Hobbit)

I so wish I would've kept my old game books and Dragon magazines. Alas, they were stolen by Gypsies in the Midwest, US. True story. Moving on...

This guy's apparently sitting on a lot of old (and high-priced) Middle-Earth gaming stuff.

http://amzn.to/2sBcWDw

Seagrim likes this.
  2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As I recall, it was a d100 system. I remember running and playing a few short-lived campaigns.

3. Matthew James

Matthew James Blind Beholder Beta Reader Citizen

38%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Huh... that actually looks a lot like the floor-plan design they had in the movie, except on a smaller scale than the film. I'd have to crack open my book to see if Tolkien described it with walk-ways and spans and pillars and such, but its late and thats not happening!

Paul Bellow likes this.
  4. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    ICE games. Their Middle Earth system was a variation on Rolemaster. I never did the Middle Earth stuff, but, I did use the Rolemaster system. It's definitely d100 percentile dice based.

Paul Bellow likes this.
  5. Paul Bellow

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You're right, @Seagrim. I never had this board game, but we did play the Rolemaster system. Good times.

Seagrim likes this.