Pixie numbers

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Dragon, Mar 26, 2022.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So i was considering making a simple program for calculating pixie births and I was wondering at the basic parameters.

Queens birth 100 reqular pixies twice a year, 50 drones and 50 females.

But how often is a queen born? Does she dominate an entire birthing cycle, pne of them is special or is she an extra?

Do we know how old pixie females must be before finding their tree? We know those pixies have 1-2 offspring, presumably as often as the queen does, but is there a chance of a regular female's offspring being a new queen?

Mister Bill likes this.
  2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ordinary Celestial Pixie Females have 2 offspring Once a Year. Now it might be possible that they end up with only 1 child or even on rare circumstances 3, can't be sure, but it did say 2 and I suspect that that correct. Royal Pixie's have a 100 offspring at a go, and it said that they can do this Twice a year.

But it also said that the Quickening Accelerates the Pixie Life Cycle, now this can mean that any Pixie's birthed with the Tree grow and hatch more quickly then normal (which I think is likely) and so get born more quickly. But it could also mean that Pixie children Nature more quickly and can Bond with their own Tree more quickly then normal (again I think that this is likely). And lastly it could also mean that Elora might be able to give birth more then Twice a year??? Not sure about this, the Quickening can produce Fruit 4 times a year instead of 2 times a year, but that probably doesn't mean that that also holds true for Elora, but I might be wrong, time will tell.

I think that it might be possible for a regular Celestial Pixie to give birth to a Royal, but that it would be incredibly rare for it to happen, although the Chance might increase with a really powerful tree, especially another Quickening.

Mister Bill likes this.
  3. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I thought there was like a 70-30 split female vs male on this latest one

Joe Schmoe and Mister Bill like this.
  4. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t remember this info. Is it from before book 6?

5. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good questions. We definitely need as many pixies as possible not least of all so there will be tons of new sprites coming over to pledge themselves and maybe even bringing in allies, like whole other groups of sprites.

6. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    80-20 split I believe.

#Mister_Bill I think the information was in Bk2, can't remember offhand but I do know that I checked it just before posting it.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
    Joe Schmoe and Mister Bill like this.
  7. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Thanks! That tracks. It has been forever since I read #2.