Pixies...when will they bond?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Mister Bill, Jan 24, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So, in the future the pixies will go out, find a nice tree, buy it dinner, and then bond. Presumably they’ll spawn celestial pixies from normal trees and more sprites can find their BFF.

When do you all think it’ll happen? What kind of quests will result? Will there be enough trees nearby to do this? Sounds like they need a really good one and I doubt any sprite will settle for a common tree for their pixie to do the monster mash with.

Will we see new kinds of sprites come to the village? Will the hearth mother bond with a random ugly pixie?

I have so many questions!

2. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Make a Dungeon room for that purpose and it filled with amazing trees?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    Mister Bill likes this.
  3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm sure it will happen soon since the queen already made some of them trigger their tree communion ability. I don't think they'd have that ability if they weren't ready to create more pixies, at least physically speaking.

So its mostly of question of the queen deciding they are ready for the responsibility. Since her ability can be triggered twice a year its a reasonable assumption that the current group will be able to take care of themselves by then, even if they remain somewhat childlike for years to come. So about the same time the queen cocoons herself again, which should be a few months off.

Pixies breed fast and the mature fast physically as well.

Mister Bill likes this.
  4. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Why do you think many of them are bringing rare plants? I doubt its to court favor with Richter.

Mister Bill likes this.
  5. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Those were sent down the hole in the Dungeon...unless doubles were brought.

6. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They were planted. They are the property of the pixies, given as gifts by their sprites. I can't help thinking they have their reasons for that gift.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    Mister Bill likes this.
  7. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

8. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wow what an assholish thing to do, pretty out of character for Richter to steal from children. I assume he never asked for permission.

Hopefully he loses a ton of reputation points with the pixies over it once they realize his transgression, as its clear from book five that the plants were gifted to them. Only one realistic response to someone transgressing against you like that, to get majorly pissed.

9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe it was just the leaves and seeds from the clippings and saplings.

Mister Bill and Andrew Lynas like this.
  10. Sleepyhe4d

Sleepyhe4d Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I rly like the idea of having them in the dungeon with a save room and a powerful different trees, but I’m thinking about Labyrinth attacks and if the tree dies... well pixies would die as well.
    It probably would be the best if he could split betweens groups in the dungeon, groups in the village, maybe groups at the HT. Might even be better to give them a free choice.
    If he has any kind of saying in it Richter should advise them not to do it all at the same time. That way it would be easier to have groups of education and not swarms of new babies.

11. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As A-hole-ish as that might be it is really a shrewd investment for their future. With the Dungeons growth rate and ability to strengthen such things the returns will be much better then the investments. With Ricther being thei legal guardian and protector he would be allowed specific rights at over seeing the futures of all his people. Ricther does have a bit of a A-hole s streak anyway.

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sorry about that, it irritated me quite a bit because I can't stand it when someone interferes with my own possesions. Its a bit of a blind spot. Comes with being a dragon ;)

Nice find on your part :)

That said its clear from the quote that Aleron either diden't doublecheck how he set it up in book 5, Richter has permission or he has stepped in it again. It would be nice if it was the last part and Richter made an honest mistake that cost him some star status but doesn't really do much damage longtterm.

13. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The rights of a king to do as he pleases usually ends where private property rights begin. After that a king and any other government should be forced to invoke various powers that entails recompense to the affected civilians.

I do not disagree with what he did, just the way its portrayed.

14. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No way. I assume that things born in the dungeon remain of the dungeon like the chickens in the egg room. Even more so for entities that bond to dungeon creations.

15. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Plants, not all trees. Only some trees and they’ll take years to grow.

16. Mister Bill

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think it’s fairly clear that Richter isn’t dropping unique/one of a kind things down the well. I think it was only clipping gs and such from the rare plants.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  17. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What if two consenting adults went to the dungeon, had sex, and stayed in the dungeon during gestation to delivery?

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The child might become the greatest dungeon keeper of all times. As long as the parents don’t eat solely Dungeon items the child should be fine. That is as long as it doesn’t exist solely on dungeon “mana”. The child would even have a greater chance of developing some magical power.

Johan, Mister Bill and ShoughtLoud like this.
  19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m not so sure.

It could be he is. In a way Ricther is like a conservator. It’s also customary for some people to offer gifts to the community or group as they join. Often when “marrying” in this case perhaps in bonding as well gifts are offered the other family. As their guardian Ricther could very well have the right to all the gifts. Like a conservator investing those gifts for the betterment of the whole would be okay. Dropping plants in the well of offering isn’t risking the complete loss of the item. The dungeon is guaranteed to learn anything dropped in the well of offering. It might take sometime to get a return but it will certainly happen. The only question is when will those materials come back out.

Most of you likely recall me advocating for a protected Forrest being grown in the dungeon. The seeds and new saplings can always be brought back out. The whole village would benefit from them having such protected areas growing magical and medicinal plants and trees. The growth rate alone would make it worth it. Not mentioning additional strengths gained from all the ambient mana.

Mister Bill and ShoughtLoud like this.
  20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Wasn’t it stated that anything that had lived or survived on the dungeon become reliant on the dungeon mana to live.

I think they also stated that young could be taken out as long as they hadn’t feed on the dungeon mana to long.

The chicken thing was definitely left in limbo. Ricther didn’t know how Roswan got the chickens into the dungeon he only laughed at the prospect of one being thrown into the well of offering. It would make way more sense to carry some chicks into the dungeon for the benefit of the growth rate alone. It wouldn’t take much to carry feed in that the hens could eat. If he actually eats the birds themselves he could make a guy bucket. Placing entrails in a bucket with maggots allowing some of the maggots to drop out feeding the hens.

I think his system was also setup for a few birds to escape into the dungeon periodically feeding someoin the dungeon. If the birds were spawned by the dungeon what would be the point of them getting lose to feed the dungeon?

Johan and Mister Bill like this.