Plague Squad vs Vindicator Squad

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Johan, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What will this meeting at the Mist Village entail?

2. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The one group will probably be coming with Mama, or trailing her. The other...unknown. both sets would to be worshiper of their various courts, with lots of power. They are both the "elite" locals for their respective courts.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  3. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't think they are the elites? I'd assume these are t2 and t3 strike teams, powerful certainly, but not invincible nor the strongest beings the courts can call on. Their loss would sting, but ultimately the courts consider them expendable enough to be sent to probe an enemy with unknown capabilities.

The plague squad might be somewhat weaker in a standup fight than the vindicators, with abilities better suited to bringing down towns and cities? If they are anything like their names imply anyway.

4. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    As for them fighting, my money is on the vindicators winning.

5. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "One idea that the chancellor proposed before all the screaming began was that a squad of vindicators be dispatched. While the King listened to hours of screaming agony, he pondered the idea, and a faint smile came to his face. Other sources of intelligence had brought it to his attention that a Plague Squad had been dispatched to the River Peninsula by the Dark Court. If nothing else, having one of the Light Court’s elite squads battle their Dark Court counterparts should be interesting." Book 6

It seems they are the elites. But I suppose it depends what that is relative to. They are just denizens of the land.

Captain BlackJack and 2tymes like this.
  6. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I had not thought about the Plague squad following the "mama" group but that makes sense. The dark paladin found out Richters name in Yves. Clearly neither court knows where Richter is. Now why is that? He can only be scryed by a god level spell. Did not the courts banish the gods? So why are they not able to scry him. I agree with Dragon that my money is on the Vindicators winning. On a side note are these squads celestials?

7. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    God tier spells appear to be a rarity of spell rather than a spell requiring a high level/ rank (though it may require that as well).

8. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    "Ever since their imprisonment in the pocket universe, their ability to observe the land has beed severely curtailed".. or something like that.
    Edit: They can definitely utilize god tier magic, but the power is reduced to the point that the necklace works. Also scrying seems to require you to know what you're looking for, which they don't yet.

2nd part: Unconfirmed if they are celestial.

It was mentioned when HM summoned a celestial being that he was part of the army of light, but that army isn't necessarily subservient to the light court in my mind. They just both attached themselves to the "light".
    To be decided I guess.

Also, he made it sound like the pixies were the only "celestial race" to make their home in the land. That doesn't rule out the possibility of a denizen of the land gaining celestial power from the light court though.

9. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We don't know what the courts are. I'd imagine something named a plague squad is quite removed from the celestial plane and its focus on uplifting creatures.

Vindicators might be based on what was at one point celestial groups, but i'd assume these are pure mortals raised to power by their masters. The way the lich was. Imagine a group weaker than him as individuals, but trained to fight together and far more deadly than the lich. He had great power and a ton of knowledge, but he wasn't a great commander or warmage.

10. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They may now know his name but unless they find more information on him from someone who interacted with him they don't seem to have the right Spelling and Pronunciation of it, which would limit its effectiveness in Magic Tracking and such even without the Anti-Scrying Necklace.
    Although what they know should be enough to allow them to learn more Rumours about helping Non-Humans find a better life outside of Yves and at least lead them to Leafs Crossing and wait to follow any follow large number of Refugee Non-Humans trying to get out of Yves, either by Boat or Caravan.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
  11. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    To some degree. For a good scryer a giant chaotic fatewarp like the one around Richter should be fairly obvious, they just won't know that its him. He is changing fate, both present and future.

Neither court is solely looking for a man named Richter.

12. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So will the squads be higher tiers and as powerful as the litch and dæmon? Or will it be just powerful tier 1? I'm thinking it will be higher tier beings.

13. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Mix of both? My thinking is they're gonna be around richter's level/ maybe a little higher, but not just humans. So some tier 2 some tier 1, but more than he'd be able to handle on his lonesome

14. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Will the squads battle and wreck the village? Or will they interfere with the Bugbear battle? Or other?

I think the squads will arrive after the Bugbear battle.

15. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    My guess is they are all tier 2 with the leaders possibly higher. They will be old and have high level as well as multiple mastery with professions, specializations, and a focus. But there won't be a lot of them.

I'm guessing they arrive after the attack, but not much after. And they get the potion recipe from the bug bears.

Ideal situation is the light and dark court squads meet each other to do battle in the dungeon.

Johan likes this.
  16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think they'll avoid attacking a fortified town on their own, or at least a pitched battle against the mist army. Nothing like getting swarmed and killed.

They could raid the village and run before facing too much resistance, but not really much purpose in that. They want to find the source of the chaos, not fight random villagers.

17. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Knowledge is power. They will fight over Richtær and try to prevent the otherwise from obtaining the information.

18. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They might fight. Its also possible they have an arrangement of their own. The courts might collaborate, its been implied that the war is in a cold fase if it hasn't ended.

19. Joe Schmoe

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Are Richters eyes constantly going to glow with chaos energy, freaking people out and giving away the fact that hes a chaos seed/lord?

My guess/hope is no, but it would be handy if he could turn it on and off.

20. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I guess they could glow red instead