Professionals their shops and all their toils

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Captain BlackJack, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Hastur

Hastur Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No, no, no, no ,no, no, No!

Everything is tied to the POP and Richter. Has Alma learned one spell without Richter knowing it first? No. Has she learned any skill or ability? No. When did she evolve? When RICHTER unlocked HIS POP powers. I get why you guys might think that but it would be just to OP. If AK wanted such a possibility he would have just allowed Richter to become master of the shadow trench as well.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    ShoughtLoud likes this.
  2. Dragon

Dragon Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No its tied to their psy bond. Initially Alma could only speak in single words, but over time her mind expanded and she gained speech. Without that bond she would be mentally limited to little more than a beast (I think they are sentients, but less intelligent than the wolves HM introduced Richter to).

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  3. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Alma is a dragon, though still at the beginning of the ladder. I imagine she will gain access to a vast array of abilities including lots that are limited to dragons only. Dragons also grow bigger and more powerful as they age, in nearly any setting. More often than not they are ageless as well, meaning they do not die from age but just keep growing endlessly (that may be limited to higher tier dragons). Giving them skills in addition to their other advantages they can grind might be a bit much? Its probably at least a few tiers off.

Zinga and ShoughtLoud like this.
  4. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 13 (Assassin) Roleplaying Exiles Citizen

8%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well I would bet he is from Denmark, might be an idea for a meetup in Christiania/Copenhagen. "Greed tea" & drinks..

5. Zinga

Zinga Level 4 (Warrior) Exiles Citizen

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Dou you think Glorin will be able to increase the size of her armor Krom made wile Ricter is out?

6. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well guessed. Not that its a secret or anything.

Christiania is actually a pretty quiet place. Very little crime. Not that i've been there, I don't smoke marijuana and i'm not interested in eating it. Only drug in my body is sugar. Which is bad enough.

7. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Gloran is an enchanter. If anyone can do it Krom would be the one.

Zinga likes this.
  8. Zinga

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    But the "Resize" talent is an enchanter talent. Remember the coller that didn't fit on the Rock Giant.

Captain BlackJack and Dragon like this.
  9. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Depnds on if she grew to small size or not. Her wings from the epilogue were 5' tip to tip I think? Able to fly off with a large insect, something golden retriever sized.
    Size of >4' was the cutoff for sprites to be considered normal sized, so I guess depends on the ratio of wings to body. If she is considered normal sized then likely no, since he'd have to but the talent two times at least to get the armor up to her size (which... Hard sell there for Gloran I'd imagine)

Also if there are any new physical differences between Dragonling and dragonett aside from size, the armor might not fit even if it were sized up.

Zinga and Captain BlackJack like this.
  10. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Pretty sure she went from lower-end small/ extreme high end tiny and became high end small. Not quite medium, but i'm also not entirely sure she won't transition to that from leveling and psy-point growth alone. I'd say another evolution or two before she will be the one carrying Richter around.

I doubt Richter will want her to sit on his shoulder now. Ok maybe Richter-hulk wouldn't mind, but for most people carrying a golden retriever on their shoulder/back would be a bit awkward.

11. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Just for reference.

A great horned owl would be close to having a 5 foot wing span. They range about 2 foot tall.

Golden Eagles range between 5 1/2 feet and 7 1/2 feet.

12. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

96%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Fair, it assumes this species of dragon follows general averages of earth bound species, but fair.

13. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Great owls to the best of my knowledge usually do not carry golden retrievers away.

Just as golden eagles do not carry adult men away.

Alma is clearly bigger than a great owl.

Edit: Depending on the owl of course

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  14. Zinga

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good point

15. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I’m not trying to compare her to earth bound species.

Do you think they have owls and eagles in the land?

They sure have ponies, horses, wolves, Fox, and Rabbits.

I am only comparing size. That gives a better conception. A five foot wing span is a five foot wing span. Of course being a dragon her body will be longer not mentioning her tail length.

Drag, just how big of creatures do Golden Eagles Hunt?

For the record I didn’t say an owl could fly away with a Labrador.

If Alma’s wing span is 5’ she isn’t much bigger in wingspan then a great horned owl. She would be on the small side compared to a Golden Eagles wing span.

16. Dragon

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Oh golden eagles hunt some pretty big creatures.

Captain BlackJack and Zinga like this.
  17. Zinga

50%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Im sure she won't be able to pick up Ricter, but it would be awesome if there was some scenario where he had to jump off something and he held on to her like a hang glider and slowed his descent

18. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I can hear it now. Oooooh my wings!!!! Your to heavy! My wings are going to break backwards master.

Zinga likes this.
  19. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

82%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Have her grip a Harness that Richter is wearing while he is Cloud Running she could help him by pulling him along or higher, might also use less Stamina while using Cloud Running as well? Or she could just grip her claws onto his back or head (preferably while he's wearing Armour) if there's no harness.
    Would probably work if he was to Learn a Levitation Spell, or possibly even a Feather Fall Spell? Would be interesting to see how using a Levitation or Feather Fall Spells would also effect the use of the Cloud Running Skill?

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  20. Captain BlackJack

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There has been some speculation about buildings joining or working together as a greater core structure.

Thinking of this when Ricther created the forge he was offered one of three possible bonuses. One for forging, another for enchanting, and one for crafting. Would that alone not express a connection for the three?

Speaking of dual professions. We all know Krom is a Professional Smith working on learning enchantments. It appears to me that Smith’s could be crafters as well. Or perhaps crafters becoming enchanters.

As the forge of heavens creates points to be spent for additions maybe the should be spent on additional rooms for the forge that could be tied in. Such as a crafters room and a place to enchant. Those might together might work toward crafting rune enchanted armor, weapon, and items.