Queen Elora and her bonding

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Mister Bill, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Depends. Richter gets a serious tp bonus for raising his personal level because of his affinity.

Richter gains an additional 15 points for being a chaos seed. And 10 for being human.

A dwarf like Krom might get 15 points for being a dwarf, or the 10 points. In which case a 100% affinity increases the talent points he gets per level by 50%.

ShoughtLoud and Mister Bill like this.
  2. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I had totally forgotten about her.

Drasius likes this.
  3. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I like that theory a lot.

4. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would like to see one of the pixies bond with a gobrit tree. It might eat sprites, but that does not mean that it is evil. As long as it is not an abyssal version then it should be okay.

PokemonThug likes this.
  5. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    did the gobrit tree not become an abyssal gobeit after bonding? Or maybe just a dead tree became abyssal gobrit after bonding?

Mister Bill likes this.
  6. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It did become abyssal, but there must be other gobrit trees around the area.

7. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Pretty sure gobrit trees are all evil. Seems like they are created by a fallen pixie. The sprites had nightmare legends about such trees from the distant past. Its's probably not a coincidence that they just so happen to show up again at the same time pixies did.

That said, good/ neutral living trees are definitely a thing. I'm still waiting for treebeard to show up. Or for the quickening to rip itself from the ground and beat the shit out of the invaders, using its branches as arms and legs

8. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hah, maybe the next seed core. Give Richter the much needed wisdom. Though with his ADD he probably wouldn't be able to pay attention while treebeard was talking.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  9. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Nothing wrong with plants eating animals. The asure vines that protect the Dungeon would eat sprites too. Pitcher plants and fly traps are not evil. Though maybe I would think some plant that were killing humans were evil, and go burn down every such plant available, which is probably what the sprites did. I think the normal gobrit tree is neutral if trees can have alignments.

10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That's the thing, there are no normal gobrit trees.

They are the result of a corrupted pixie merging with a tree.
    The gobrit tree is described as being hateful. Its not a plant following its nature, its a thinking creature that wishes to destroy. At least thats the gist I got. Similarly other creatures can be created by the sakeru bond, most of them bad.

Sakeru pixies basically have their fundamental natures reversed from being nature's little caretakers into being a scourge upon the land. Its the drawback to the extremely powerful meidon bond that makes the sprite-pixie combo so powerful.

The pixie queen can handle this without killing them by making the pixie bond to the right tree. This can lead to a number of creatures being created that won't be twisted monstrosities including tree elementals, likely celestials, that could be very similar to the gobrit tree. Its even possible that the pixie will emerge as she was.

Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  11. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think you are thinking of the abyssal gobrit tree. I was meaning the natural gobrit tree.

12. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What natural gobrit tree?

If you mean the basic non-abyssal version, those are the ones the nature-loving sprites were terrified off and they don't hate creatures for being predatory. The sakeru pixies create vile things when they bond as their new nature dictates. The pixie queen was clear on that, its the reason she wanted Richter to retrieve her children or kill them if the bonding process had gone too far. She diden't ask him to report back with their locations so she could take a look and estimate what they'd become and whether it would be something good for the forest.

Mister Bill likes this.
  13. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Really?

I know there is a quote for the azure vines supposedly being there to protect the dungeon.

Please just tell me how????

We haven’t seen the vines do anything but feed the dungeon. Just where in the world we’re they when the dungeon needed help?
    None of the traps did a single thing to help the dungeon. Vines protecting the dungeon. They aren’t even in the dungeon. Just how are they supposed to protect the dungeon from the outside when everything that happens is inside the dungeon!

The only thing we have seen are those outside features “TRAPS” eating, feeding, and teaching the dungeon how to make those things they consumed.

14. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    They prevent outsiders from approaching the Dungeon except for from the village side.

They are area denial defenses, which is the reason i've proposed using them as a safe position for sprite archers to launch arrow flights from or for a mobile force to use them as a staging ground. No one liked that idea as far as I can tell :)

Drasius and Andrew Lynas like this.
  15. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How does this comment get to the point non-sakaru plant/animal are evil? If I was a tree hugger I would be terrified of a tree that could eat me if hugged it. If I was a mouse I would be terrified of an owl. "The sakeru pixies create vile things when they bond". Was that ant evil? Well okay I hate some ants and you might be able to convince me a single ant it evil.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  16. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't know, that is just what the book said in the commentaries.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  17. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes the ant was most likely evil or rather would have been twisted into something evil as the meitu'sakeru corrupts both monster and pixie.

Such beings do not just exhibit morally neutral predatory behavior. No normal forest predator has a desire to destroy the environment/ forest it depends on it to live.

Not much ambiguity as I see it.

18. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:

I think it says one thing yet clearly disproves itself by later writings. The Dungeon “traps” in this story can not be separate from the dungeon. I haven’t seen any writings showing that they have defended the dungeon either.

I think Drag is right on this one. I can only imagine Goblit trees being evil in nature. I also believe that the Sakaru pixies look for the strongest things to bond with when they are in flight. Who knows the ant might have been magically infused prior to the bonding. Not all of the Sakaru Pixes turned abyssal.

19. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Gobrit trees are created from normal trees by the meitu'sakeru. We don't know the specifics but an educated guess would be they pick trees that are weakened somehow and cannot handle the pixies corruption the way the healthy trees picked by the pixie queen could.

20. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Area denial is a type of defense. Its a shitty defense without an army to take advantage of it though, but then again that's true for all defenses. An undefended wall won't stop anyone other than a complete idiot for long.

They haden't turned the monster abyssal yet at least. Its described as being a slow process, conveniently giving Richter time to act. The tree could have been corrupted faster because of the natural bond between pixies and trees.

Otherwise he would have had eight abyssal creatures rampaging through the forest, spreading devastation.