Recommendation and discussion of a new book

Discussion in 'All Things LitRPG' started by DanyaWlasko, Dec 22, 2017.

1. DanyaWlasko

DanyaWlasko Level 9 (Burgler) Beta Reader Citizen

54%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would like to discuss this book, and so wanted to know, maybe, someone had already read it. The book is called "World of Karik", Russian LitRPG novel recently translated into English. Honestly, I started to read this story by accident, but I have already read more than a half, it is free in kindle unlimited, and I really liked this book.

I think that it is interesting that there are two co-authors who wrote this novel, and I can say that they have very intricate and ingenious plot. The story is best described as an Apocalypse Dystopian LitRPG competition of people who are trying to survive, get stronger, and find their personal way out of this new world where they found themselves by the will of some mysterious creatures. This book is about scoundrels, liers, intrigues, secrets, and betrayals, there is no end to these things.

On the other hand, its cover is not the best, and there are some issues with translation but, honestly, it doesn't ruin the story.

Before this book, I read only "Way of the shaman" of Vasily Mahanenko from the Russian authors, but this novel is no worse than this one. I didn't read it up to the end, it is pretty big, but I think I can recommend it, and I will be glad to discuss some interesting things.

I guess I'll finish it tomorrow and will be ready for debates!

2. Alexis Keane

Alexis Keane Level 14 (Defender) Roleplaying Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

62%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How did you just start to read your elder brother's book by accident? Talk about dysfunctional families...

3. DanyaWlasko

54%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't see anything strange in this.

Alexis Keane likes this.
  4. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Are you Russian? Could be a cultural thing?

[​IMG]

Alexis Keane likes this.
  5. DanyaWlasko

54%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yes, I'm
    But I don't think that it is something like this.
    On the other hand, of course, there are some cultural differences.

Paul Bellow and Alexis Keane like this.