POLL Richter's First Combat Skill

Discussion in 'Disagreements' started by ShoughtLoud, Apr 14, 2020.

?

Which combat related skill will be the first to reach Journeyman Rank at skill level 45?

1. Blood Magic

30.8%
  2. Chaos Magic

15.4%
  3. Small Blades

15.4%
  4. Swordsmanship

7.7%
  5. Archery

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Mace Wielding

15.4%
  7. Staves, out of left field

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Dual Wielding

15.4%
  1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What do you mean they are no one's rightful claim? Richter did not kill them, they were part of the other party but more importantly they most likely have families. Seems pretty clear who has the stronger claim.

The orcs owe Richter their lives, not someone elses property :)

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  2. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Looting the dead, that was not your kill, could be against their morals or code. The one who kills the being should only have the right to do with the body what they want. For the worms/wurms that killed the orcs, they can loot or eat the body. For the orcs that killed worms/wurms, they can loot those bodies or eat them. But one should not mess with a kill that was not your own, it's grave robbing.

Edit. Though if there is family. I suppose the stuff could be returned, or the body as a whole.:D

Last edited: May 16, 2020
  3. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So what changes happens to Richtær's game play if we consider him a hunter? A ranged fighter with an animal companion for the Melee damage.

4. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I've been wondering what Skills Richter would need in order to gain/become a Blue Magic type User (as in be able to Learn, or Absorb or temporary Access (ect) Magical Abilities, Traits &\or Skills of Beasts. Assuming that it's not a Skill rather then a Profession or Specialization?
    The fact that Richter has now gained the Talent that allows him to gain aspects of creatures from their Soul Stones when Enchanting strongly suggests that a Blue/Animal type Magic Class/Skill should be possible.

I'm also wondering if something like Naturally Occurring Soul Stones might exist, Soul Gems?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  5. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    We would probably see him use Magic and Ranged Weapons a lot more, possibly see him make some Traps if he had the needed materials for him, and so increase in Ranged Weapon and Magic Skills, also in Taming and related Animal/Pet Skills and Tracking and Hunting Skills.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  6. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    how many spells does he have?
    tame
    Blood harvest
    blood-puppet

Also he can always snort 2x bloodcrystal.. tame a lvl 100 best.. like a beaten or stuck under a stone wind deamon
    And after get MindWiped by Alma.
    +20lvl's in blood magic.. this is broken.

7. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I put blood because of the known cheat for powerleveling, with one measure, maybe two now that hes tier 2, he could tame a truly powerful reptile and have it rampage either through the dungeon or his lands until it dies. Giving a massive skill boost.

I didnt read theough all the posts so this may have been discussed, but he should be able to hit journeyman in light armor really quickly by cheating with his bloodline. He can have randy "train" him with the help of yoshi by hitting him with as much damage as his armor can handle until his blood line runs out. Do that every morning in the barracks and he will fly through the levels.

And i know this was already mentioned but he could always pull a random journeyman level skill book from a high stratum of the soc

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  8. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He purchases a Journeyman Skill book from the Sea of Chaos guaranteed to be a random combat skill and it ends up being for Crossbows. He can't use it with either of his expertise, It takes a god aweful long time to reload, and it ends up not working with his Enhanced Imbued Arrow subskill. But at least he qualifies for a combat profession!

Although...

Now that I think about it...

With his crafting skills and new Monocle, he could probably create a rapid reload forearm crossbow kinda like the one that bitch Sonirae had. Load it with a selection of dual enchanted bolts. He could probably devise a way to create a spacial-folding crossbow bolt magazine, that would allow him to mentally select the next bolt. Throw in a professional talent that allows for faster or even instant reload, and he would have a really sick auxiliary weapon.

And now I really want this to happen.

Edit: I just realized I've basically given Richter one of the slingers from MHW.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
    Andrew Lynas and Joe Schmoe like this.
  9. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Here is another question though. If Richter reaches journeyman level in a ranged skill like bows or crossbows, can he choose between professing as a warrior or ranger? Likewise, if he reaches journeyman in maces or small blades, could he profess as a ranger? We saw a number of bow wielding warrior bodaks in book 7, and d&d includes both ranged fighters and melee rangers.

Andrew Lynas likes this.
  10. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe? I think it would be quite the lark when he goes for a combat proffession but since he's all combat types he has to profess as some proffession no one has heard of in forever, and so he doesn't know what to say he is

11. Waterhobit

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe if he does so after the librarian arrives to torture Roswan, Nexus will be in such a good mood that he might go easy on Richter.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  12. Johan

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It was a travesty that Richtær didn't ask Nexus how one gets two professions in book 8.

13. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm thinking that the way things are going that Richter might end up Professing as a War Leader before anything else, unless he can get a significant boost in some other Combat Skill somehow before that, say by Expertise/Skill Book, Core Building Skill Increase, Rewarded Skill Levels, ect.
    Otherwise he will probably Profess with Duel Wield (don't know as a Warrior or Rogue), my second choice would be Archery Professed as a Ranger.

Of course if Richter can Build a Core Building that's Magic orientated, like a Casters Chamber, Magic Library or Mage School, ect (or better still a a combination Casters Chamber & Library), then he could get a significant increase to one or (more likely) several or even all of his Magics, depending on what Catalyst's he uses.
    A Core Casters Chamber should at least grant a significant increase in all of the MV PoP Basic Elements (Water, Dark, Life, Air), and most likely his Limitless Ability will expand that to cover any Magic Types that he knows but at a much, much reduced increase in Level Up. His Limitless Ability should certainty give access to Purchasing not just PoP Element Spells but also at least some Spells in any Magic type that he knows.
    Using a Chaos Spark as a Catalyst might not just possibly offer a significant increase in his Chaos Magic but also a wide range of Chaos Spells, or Blood Crystal might Raise his Blood Magic, offer a wider range of Blood Magic Spells and possibly increase the Core Building Benifits that Richter might specifically get. But I think that using a Psi Crystal might be best because it could Awaken Thought Magic and possibly Mental abilities in him, access to Thought Spells, possible increase in Learning potential (especially in Mental Skills) and some interesting Core Building Benifits.

Hmmm, using a Psi Crystal to Build a Core Library might give some serious Learning Boosts & Benifits, and possibly Awaken Thought Magic, increasing Mental Aegis Stat and the Chance of Learning Mental Skills?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    Mister Bill likes this.
  14. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Use the Psi Crystal, for sure!

Andrew Lynas likes this.