Richters next actions!

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Dec 7, 2020.

1. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What Should Richter Do now?
    • Negotiate goodies from Ors for saving them: favors, items, info, recruitment etc..
    • Create a war-party with 4 Orcs!
    • Recruit the Chaos Sees as unit, recruit rest of orcs, if recruited awaken magics(offer magics awakening as a payment for years or service)
    • With current group Richto can farm the worms and reach ascension in a few more battles, actively seek fights on the way
    • Consume with bloodline all the bodies(explain this is to get stronger, and bodies will be eaten by other creatures or by the bloodline) yes all of them not just the worms..(so we can suck their blood with blood magic, but we will not consume them for the bloodline?)
    • Hire Orc Mercenaries if possible. hire trainers.. Trade Deal.
    • Share his ring of exploration to update his map by their maps. And heard but not visited locations.. like there is a tribe of goblins to the south
    • Extract the intel from Orcs, maybe there is a mythic legendary club in a nearby cave, or a grave of some legendary hero, magic core building, or core.. that kinda thing. Richter has noting, and legends can lead and will lead to loot.
    what else?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  2. TWW101

TWW101 Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Before I go making an alliance I'd want to know why they were out in the worm nest. We don't know exactly what was going on, but it seems to have been a group of civilians(?) and 4 warriors. Somehow the warriors got all the civilians killed and from where we saw, they didn't seem to be trying too hard to save them. Were they refugees, an execution squad, explorers, a caravan,... Unless they were purposefully trying to get them killed for some reason, that wasn't a backstab, are they really the sort of allies you'd want.

Maybe they have a society that the strong don't protect the weak? Not sure they are the a good long term ally then.

Anyways, if there is some reasonable explanation he could try to make them/Ogre Magi city a sub-tribe.
    If he is in the Mist Village Catacomb system, then you might be able to to port down there or somewhere nearby, but if you aren't you can add a portal for trade.
    Maybe the Orcs are already antagonistic with the Ogre Magi and will attack with him or they also want to get to the treasury.
    Trade a real sword/armor and enchant it up (it will have the penalty for not being newly created, but I think that has gone down somewhat as he leveled up).
    Trade for some food and water.
    The story made it sound like it wasn't easy to get, but he could try to trade for more materials to create other golems. He can teach 4 spell schools now as a way to create capitol.

He doesn't have the mapping ring with him, and it previously said that the map only permanently copies information for companions I think (which reminds me he never asked Randy to wear it...). Just loading their normal maps into his travelers map (like he did when he bought it/with the kobolds) would probably help a lot right now.
    Just to consume the 3 tier 2 worms is going to take days which I don't think they can sit around for. If he can throw the extras in his bag for later that could be helpful, but I am not sure it works that way (or not with his bag talents). He could drag them along with him, but close to the Orcs camp/settlement it doesn't seem like a reasonable choice.
    If he is going to make a war-party, he should war points spend his points first.

3. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Seemed to me that it was either "try and save the civilians and everyone dies" or "just try to save yourselves and maybe have a chance". I don't think it was a malicious thing and tbh I don't think anyone would have lived had Richter not shown up.

Yeah he rocks a 40% penalty as a journeyman.
    Imp. as novice, 80% initiate, 60%app, should be 0 by master.

It will permanently add any info it receives regardless of who wears it. Companions have the added benefit of adding everything they have ever seen previously.

TWW101 likes this.
  4. TWW101

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree from where we saw it that looked to be true, but it seemed they would have had to fight all the worms as some point. Why weren't they between civilians and the worms?
    If they were supposed to be guards they epic failed.
    If they were just traveling together without any commitment to protect them, I could forgive them, but it isn't like they were able to escape by letting them all die.
    The best reason I can thing of is they were chasing the civilians or separated and the big ones cut them off, but it seems dumb for the civilians to be by themselves in these tunnels.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  5. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The professional Orcs might have been guiding the civilians or leading weaker troops away from a fallen stronghold. With the Basilisk Alliance expanding their domains other unfriendlys could be pushed into conflict as they are sandwiched together. Smarter minds would unite to help each other defend their lands like the Hearth Mother working to ally with the Elves and encouraging Ricther to do the same with the Dwarves.

The immediate sensible action Ricther could make would be a short term alliance for survival. The most obvious method would be offering a war party option to the Orcs. I think they would still be as apprehensive as Ricther and they all should be. An intelligent warrior would realize the enemy of my enemy is my friend for the moment anyway. The bonuses of a war part would definitely help them all. The only real concern would be the 5th set of that appear to be kept safe by the warriors and that remained away from the fight.

You are right it would be great if Ricther had time to use his war points first.

POKEY I AGREE a war party should be offered with conditions by Ricther.

I don’t think Ricther will need to ask for food, water, weapons, or anything. At this point he walked into a bad situation and saved the last of the Orcs. Ricther only needs to walk up slowly picking up what he needs and wants as he talks to the Orcs. As he eventually moves into them he should keep an eye on that 5th set of eyes. While he moves toward the fifth set of eyes he should ask his question calmly again. While everything is at peace Ricther should tell the Orcs to strip their dead of anything needed. Ricther also needs to harvest all of the worms for anything he can get starting with the greatest of them.

How many worms can Ricther tame? I know levels make a difference in taming as well. I hope to see Ricther leave the catacombs with at least one worm.

What could a bag of young tame worms be used for?

PokemonThug likes this.
  6. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Reading you post I have understood. What I have forgotten Cptn ;)

Sir @TVV101 what would you say if I'd tell u you could harvest All the bodies and quickly.

How can one do that? Yes there is a way! now how would you do that, think before clicking the easy answer..
    Use dungeon mark steal constitution char point from top wurm dead body
    upload_2020-12-9_3-18-31.png
    upload_2020-12-9_3-19-32.png
    so Richter is getting at least 37 additional points to constitution, what is just insane, that is 3.7P of additional bloodline point generation. ~ 12 BP/h Also Richter has additional bonuses to Const from dungoen, not sure if they would also stack here (+14% to total const from dungeon).

Also Orcs can/Should drag some of the bodies(or as many as they can carry) will be a great workout for them and hopefully the smell will attract more game hehe
    This is the power of the wise 101. You''ll get there.

Maybe orcs even the dead ones have fortify Const potions f.e.? should be very usefull or spells like buffs to const.

good points my magaBros

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    Johan likes this.
  7. TWW101

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Unfortunately it says in the prompt after your quote, he has to touch the well of offering to change boons.
    He has deadly charisma active right now so he could make a deal with the Vampires.
    Even before book 8, I was a kind of on the fence about going into battle with that buff. He did get passed the vampires, but they originally thought portal was going to open by the sarcophagus anyways.

I agree getting all of the constitution and speeding it up would have been awesome for this whole tunnel dive and living in general.

I forgot about something earlier that I had been thinking about for a while; he should finally use his absorb ability for his golem on something. The golem has to place it into its body so the big worms probably won't work (unless pieces of the large worms count and are worth more than the small ones)?

ShoughtLoud and PokemonThug like this.
  8. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Pretty sure Richter's next action is gon a be explaining what a martini is.

Johan and Mister Bill like this.
  9. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    look for a post about litch assault aka clusterfuck post.. I have written extensively about that attack.

10. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    betareader? hows book 9?

Mister Bill likes this.
  11. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No, but he's speaking orcish and unless there mixed drinks game is on point, martini probably won't translate exactly.

Johan likes this.
  12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If it is a Chaos seed they should recognize the word martini. That is if they are from the Western Hemisphere. Martini could be a earth word and not a word used in the Land.

13. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Right but what I'm saying is even "shake me down" doesn't translate into common like we think. Nor the "assume" parallel. So unless he stopped speaking orcish for "martini" then he's gonna be stumbling a little bit after his line to the orcs.

If he did, and if there is an appropriate chaos seed, then maybe the line will go smoothly. If any of that isn't true though, he'll start on the back foot.

Regardless, he should have tried common first. He really shouldn't just keep letting everyone know about his gift of tongues

14. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I agree there could be problems with translations. I also agree that he spoke to the Orcs in Orcish. That doesn’t mean he didn’t speak in English when asking his question. After all only a chaos seed would understand any of it. Unless they had the same ability to understand other languages.

I don’t think he has let everyone know his ability to learn and speak other languages. I completely agree with you on Ricther always needing to start with Common. I learned a long time ago it’s better not to reveal you speak other languages. If people think you can’t understand them they will speak very openly in front of you. That opens them up to say things they would normally keep guarded.

If Ricther hadn’t revealed his ability to speak Orcish he might have learned many more things from the Orcs. They are sure not to discuss any of their open secrets in front of him..

15. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The silence grew thick before he asked the four of them in perfect orcish, “Any of you fuckers know how Bond takes his martinis?”
    Book 8, the end
    He didn't ask in English

Johan and Captain BlackJack like this.
  16. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So how do you say martini in Orcish?

17. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He could have actually said 'mixed drink' for all we know. What he thinks he is saying isn't always what actually gets said as has happened before.

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Sometimes when speaking in another language their is no words for to express the term desires. At that point the original term is often used or a new word could be created. Sometimes a old word that might somewhat describe the term is used. In WWII the code talkers used native animal names to describe tanks, planes, and Ships. In more modern times many people just excepted the English words like computer. In Ancient times of Roman expansion the word Taxi was made nearly universal throughout the west.

Taxi comes from taxameter which came from the Latin word Taxa. It means to charge.

19. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Possible, regardless, unless 5/5 know what a martini is he's probably gonna be explaining the finer points of bartending to orcs, who probably won't appreciate it given his small part in the epilogue

Johan likes this.
  20. TWW101

48%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No one thinks they are going to question who it Bond?