Richters next actions!

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Dec 7, 2020.

1. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The puppet only lasts for 20 mins I think, so that's a time bomb.

If we're against sitting down for a day or so, I think the most efficient path to take would be:
    1) kill his puppet with as little damage as possible (move all organs to one end and stab em). Have the golem carry this one since it will last the longest.
    2)have the golem absorb the most damaged corpse for exp.
    3)harvest the remaining corpse for drops.

AndyJ likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Did it take that long for Ricther to use his harvest power on the other worms in order to get the flesh cubes? I was think he might reduce them all to cubes then make another golem. I know it said they could be used by placing them on the body and they would grow over cuts etc......

What if he consumed a large number of cubes instead of consuming the worms. They should be more potent as they are already reduced. In order to see what might come of it he might want to try the process on a wounded Orc. Just feed it to him instead of placing it on a wound. I know it wouldn’t be exacythe same thing but it’s better then nothing. Of course it might prompt him if he looks at using them.

3. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What about

(4) First taking what he needs from the dead Orcs including a bag.

(5) Then tame as many of the young worms as he can. Then put those tamed worms in a bag and tell them to sleep or not to move.

If I’m not mistaken their were 100’s of Little worms eating through the fallen Orcs.

4. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah it costs a ton of points for each use and he has no control over what he gets. Sometimes the loot is good, sometimes its not.

Those worms are big enough to tear a man in half. Unless you mean their offspring, as in eggs and newly hatched worms? That would be an interesting idea.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  5. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    4) little rude to strip peoples fallen right in front of them, but yeah suppose he could
    5)there were only 20 and he killed em all except for one that he tamed, they're still like 3-4' long, and even if there were any more alive tame has an 8 hour cool down at his current skill rank in beast bonding. A master would still have a cool down of 2 hours on Tame casts. A grandmaster might not have tame cool downs though.

Mister Bill likes this.
  6. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Takes 25 bloodline points to use harvest on a tier two ravager wurm, he has a max pool of 72 (I think, def less than 75) and he regens at a rate of 7.4 per hour.
    3 T2 wurms and roughly 8 harvests per wurm

7. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I need to listen to it again. I was pretty sure they were in a nest and that there were 100’s of young eating the fallen Orcs.
    RUDE? For a naked guy that just saved the remaining of your party? I wouldn’t say it is rude to take clothing, armaments, or any necessities at all. Removing wedding bands and gold teeth would be out of the question. I don’t think there would be any problems taking what is needed. One of the Orcs should be sensible enough to help Ricther get the equipment he needs. That is actually the prudent thing to do. It would be the same as taking ammo and a canteen of a war buddy.

Belgared and Mister Bill like this.
  8. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think he should talk with them further and then say “since I saved your lives, how much of this stuff do you agree is mine?” or something like that. Definitely not just stripping the dead right away. Maybe the chaos seed will be reasonable.
    As for taming hopefully he does something smart. I’d probably try for a T1 before attempting to keep a T2 tamed.

9. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Seems to be his plan as well, he's got a t1 raider wurm tamed, while he's just puppeting (~20 mins of absolute control) for the T2.
    It's surprising how little prudence and sensibility come into play during events like this one. And to be fair, it's not exactly like that since they were not buddies nor even acquainted first. I agree it's the smart thing to do, and he could use just about everything a dead guy has to offer, but he's a literal alien to them and people tend not to be sensible, prudent, or even reasonable when an alien starts stripping their dead.

Mister Bill likes this.
  10. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    First thing he should do is check how friendly/aggressive/fearful the Orcs might be towards him, then he should see about getting some better Equipment, Weapons and Armour. Might want to Cast Detect Hostile Intent, Detect Life and such the like as well, use the Glitter Spell about the area if he thinks that the Chaos Energy he feels isn't on of the Orcs, and if course test out his Eyes of a Death God. Offering to Heal them once he's sure that they won't be an imminent threat might go someway to further developing a friendlier relationship between them as well.

11. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I totally agree he needs to talk to them. I had mentioned that in a previous post. He should offer up a war party. Then while talking to them he should start picking up what he needs slowly watching their reactions. He should also ask for food letting them know he is starving.I don’t think they would begrudge a naked man a little clothing, some shoes or a decent weapon especially after he just saved their tails. Of course they might rather stare upon his nakedness.

It’s not like he is stripping the fallen bodies for wealth or out of greed. He definitely doesn’t need to go into it like he is looting their dead comrades.

Mister Bill likes this.
  12. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Good idea on the war party. I like the previous idea of detect hostile intent, too.

13. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Richto can trade, offer to off Imp f.e. Offer a favor. Dungeon access, portal travel for trade... million ways to deal smartly with this.
    Not sure how will our Richto handle this. Would not bet on smrt Richto play. Instead of smart, stealthy play Richto gonna SMASH!

14. Gurston

Gurston Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What are the odds the 5th set of eyes are heman, his last known respawn point was in the underground gnoll camp he used to run?

ShoughtLoud and PokemonThug like this.
  15. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    i would say very low. i do not have more than that this morning.

16. PokemonThug

PokemonThug Level 17 (Theurgist) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen Aspiring Writer

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Now what are the chances that Richto will miss HeMan and let him escape if its Heman??

17. ShoughtLoud

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Could explain the epilogue where things go sideways with the orcs. If heman had them under his ability, and it doesn't break when he dies...

18. PokemonThug

52%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    yeah but did Heman actually instruct them to hate Richto. As far as Heman knows or thinks Richto might be already dead by Litch. Also 2 deaths and prob, these are 3rd and 4th death of Heman means he will respawn at least 1week or 2 weeks later.. which havent passed yet.

Also how did heman survive, if he was influencing orcs he should have stayed in the middle of the orc caravan. And the last 4 orcs should have protected him with their lives.
    Also heman would have needed a LOT of time ro influence the orcs. with reduces skills. He has lost at least 1 level in every skill. due to two deaths.

the only way how he could have done this if it was his first two deaths.. and maybe due to killing a lot of chaos seeds, he has gotten a bonus to respawn and kill more..

19. Sleepyhe4d

Sleepyhe4d Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Would he really be mad tho? Easy kill, no real spectators and free chaos points.
    But I agree that would be another huge time mistake from AK

20. Gurston

Gurston Level 9 (Burgler) Exiles Citizen

98%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ahh yes you are right I forgot about the death time, the only way the time would fit is if Heman was lying about dying twice before then his death time would be ~4 days