Settlement points

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by PokemonThug, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How would he get a level 10 town hall? I seem to recall it being limited to settlement level + 1. Other buildings are townhall level + 1.

So a level 1 settlement can at best have a level 3 building. Unless a special reward such as a core token is used.

2. AndyJ

AndyJ Level 12 (Rogue) Exiles Citizen

49%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wonder if it was possible for him to use the Settlement Points interface to view structures he doesn't have blueprints for (level 3 caster's chamber, level 3 mana storage, level 3 bordello, etc) with enough clarity to make blueprints of. He could get Alma to link his view to Roswan and the scribes to sketch it out.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  3. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think that the Mana Storage (1000 Mana) BluePrint that Richter has might be a Level 1 Building Construct, if so then Building higher Levels of it should allow for the Storage of higher amounts of Mana. Higher Levels may well have other Effects as well?
    I would also think that Building a Mana Storage in the MV PoP is likely to give it additional effects as well, possibly a slight increase in Mana Stored and a slight Boost in MV Element Strength?

4. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It at least was synergistic with his PoP. It gave him a prompt after reading the print that while the radius was usually 1 mile from the building, if built on PoP land it would be accessible 1 mile from the boundary of the village.

5. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think its like schematics. You could make a sword while following a schematic and then someone else could make a duplicate sword, but without the extra from the schematic. Same process, different results because schematics interact with the universe.

Similarly you could build a building that is technically equivalent to a level 3 house of healing, but if you fail to first make a schematic (we know that can be done by a combination of knowledge and observation) it won't be a level 3 house of healing (edit: it won't be acknowledged as such by the universe. It will just be a building that looks like one.).

On the flipside, i'm fairly sure you can substitute in materials when forging, for example bronze/iron/steel swords from one schematic. Similarly houses of healing can probably be made from locally available material, possibly with a bit of flex in how they are constructed as well.

Mister Bill likes this.
  6. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I wonder what the limitations on these are. Could Richter build multiple mana storages underground, say the dwarves dig out a space down by the old church (earth adept), could they then build 2-3 of them and give Richter an additional few thousand mana for a rainy day that only a trusted few know about?

More importantly from a strategic perspective, could they build multiple mana storages at the HT? HM would be able to access several thousand mana up to 31 miles from the Hearth tree. That's a lot of territory.

7. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Speaking of Materials they should make a difference in the construction of a mana storage structure.

8. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would like to see Ricthers POP rebuilt. If it were he could add four units directly above the manifestation of each ley line. If it doesn’t harness each specific type of magic in mana it still gives him the extra mana. I would also like to see Ricther take a straightened limb from any of the magical tree. Then place it directly into the manifestation of his ley line and enchant it with a spell from that branch of magic.

9. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Now that Flint has sworn fealty to Ricther he should have a thieves guild built at their settlement. If the Kinder can’t build one then Ricther should as soon as he earns enough settlement points.

10. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Why would Richter want a thieves guild? Unless i'm misunderstanding what you mean, those are mostly focused on organising and encouraging crime. Richter has very little of that at the moment. With the kindir, he amount of petty theft should see a rise, but it is unlikely there will be a rise in robberies or violence unless its directed at the kindir.

I could see an unoffical rogues/ spy guild being useful though, but diden't Randy already start a program like that?

11. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah a theives guild would be more than a little premature right now, but i can see the value in richter controling that particular guild in the future.

12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yeah I was going to move over to Pokeys strategy thread and make a big add. A thieves guild would allow a cover for some major spy studies. Being in the Kinders settlement it could still cause some adverse issues.

13. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    How about multiple guilds and the sooner the better.

14. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Adventurers guild is the only one feasible right now. He doesn’t have the population independence for a crafter guild, or a market place for a merchant guild. However a crafters guild might spark that independence and free him of paying them wages via the village treasury. I believe it would also be in his interest to maintain a heavy financial influence in the future guilds but not actually control them. While no control at all would be bad for him, i believe that that guilds would progress fast with independence. I am also sure that eventually a crafters guild would fracture into woodcrafters, smithing, alchemy, etc guilds. Generating more growth, but i am at best an amateur economist and that is stretching things.

15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am hopeful he retains owner ship of all guilds built in his Villiage or in his domain. His Vassals could apply for permits to own and operate others. If Ricther wanted he could use the guilds as extensions of his school and library. He could get all the tech and skills put into print and retain control of that as well. The guilds could be ran by independent boards and only a percentage go back to the village and from that a portion to Ricther. Other then that Ricther need not to worry with the guilds.

I do agree that he should immediately build a adventurers guild. A thieves guild would be extremely important for several reasons. He could use it for two spring boards.

16. Dragon

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A hunters and fishermens guild, or perhaps a farmer's and farmworkers guild could also work for now with so many people involved in those activities needing someone to speak for them. Gathering and in time crafting guild leaders could hold a seat on the elders council alongside racial leaders, helping to guide the village.

Its interesting that Richter basically doesn't realize said council exist when it has been mentioned several times to him. They are filling out the administrative vacumm between the national government (such as it is) and the growing number of citizens. Without any restrictions other than those they impose on themselves.

17. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think a farming, crafting, and fisherman’s fisherman’s guild should be in the second stage of guilds built. They could also be granted leased lands for tenant farming, specific waters allowed for fishing rights, and markets granted for crafter guilds. Although Ricther would have a stake in every guild they would allow have their own overseers and boards. They would allow more freedoms for those who have made it passed the first year contract. It would be a move toward a free market. Even though Ricther will still retain complete control of other markets.

I believe Ricther has acknowledge the elders he originally met with. He actually made the comment that it was better to leave them out of certain meeting as they could not come to decisions and resolve issues fast enough. I do agree that Ricther does need to be inclusive on specific and pertinent issue to the elders council. They should be allowed some sort of lower house with perhaps some judicial rights over their perspective groups. They should also be over interracial peace and continuity of the the people of the mist village. They woukd also have the right to petition Ricthers self appointed higher board along with any other villager.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  18. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Old church?

19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think he was talking about the under ground Chapel that had the courtyards surrounding it. It is under what I believe is Ricthers ruined Keep. You should know it as his place of power.

Mister Bill likes this.
  20. Mister Bill

Mister Bill Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

39%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ah, okay. I definitely haven’t reread the series before book 6 in forever.