Seven Tabletop RPG Horror Games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Paul Bellow, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    [​IMG]Horror is a fascinating genre. From books to movies, people have always delved into that which has scared or unnerved them. It should come as no surprise, then, that so many people have sought out role playing games that do the same thing.

The horror genre has been a huge part of the role playing community since near the beginning, with several different games providing players with their weekly doses of terror. Below are a handful of the most important games in the genre, each of which has provided players with a new way to experience terror through the safety of a game.

https://litrpgreads.com/blog/rpg/7-tabletop-rpg-horror-games

Seagrim likes this.
  2. DJ Schinhofen

DJ Schinhofen Creator of Worlds. LitRPG Author Roleplaying Citizen Aspiring Writer

21%
    xp:
    Zone:
    The Void
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Ravenloft, and Cthulu are well known. Warhammer fantasy is also horror though the good guys never win unscathed and in most cases die horribly.

Paul Bellow and Seagrim like this.
  3. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    When I started running a Cyberpunk 2020 game, I was using a house version of C-punk with the Night's Edge supplement rules for magic. Instead of throwing in a Mana stat, I based the magic off of Empathy.

Some of my inspiration came from GDW's Dark Conspiracy and also GURPS Cthulupunk. Both are more modern/cyberpunk settings bringing in the gothic horror aspect of Lovecraft.

Eden Redd and Paul Bellow like this.
  4. Eden Redd

Eden Redd Sexy Witch Monster (Queen of Sexy LitRPG ) LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen

65%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    No Beyond the Supernatural? My cousin was obseseed with this game. We had fun and it went well with my love for horror. :)

Paul Bellow likes this.