Shouldn't Randolphus and for that matter Hisako be tier 2?

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Hastur, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    With Randy I see a grey area as he is lvl 47. Hisako though is at least a master in 3 skills. Hard to believe that she is not tier 2. Also consider she is 4ft tall and has not undergone the Meidon.

Cire122 and Andrew Lynas like this.
  2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I've also thought and posted that I think Hisako is most likely Tier 2 or above, would mostly explain both her size and her age.

Cire122 likes this.
  3. SnackBarbarian

SnackBarbarian Level 8 (Thug) Roleplaying Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

74%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hearth Mother probably isn’t just a title but also the Tier 2 sprite race she is. Like with Richter his tier 2 choices had to do with him being a Chaos seed, Has draconian heritage, his Psionics etc gave him the tier 2 choices he had. Hisako as the leader of the sprites and owner of a place of power was probably offered the Hearth Mother tier 2 race.

Cire122 and ShoughtLoud like this.
  4. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    She is at least tier 2, unsure about Randy, he could be at his threshold and unable to ascend. They made it clear that not everyone can do it, and usually not on theor forat try.

At 109 and with all the adventuring hes don, not to mention his duties for law, I would actually expect him to be higher than 47.

5. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So the question here is if Richtær should/could see Ran'dolphinious' tier and new race.

Richtær was still human with a (chaos Lord) addition.

6. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He should be able to now if he tries, once he gets back to the MV that is.

7. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'm sticking to Randy being a tier 1 still.

But I really like
    As an explanation for Hearth Mother

SnackBarbarian likes this.
  8. Joe Schmoe

Joe Schmoe Level 14 (Defender) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

72%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Litch was for sure a higher tier, he actually used the word ascension at one point. Then again, I think he said ascension of Jorgen at one point too. I wonder if the litch actually had the power to ascend someone or if that was just coincidental wording. If he did have that power Im guessing it was a tier 3 thing? Or maybe a litch specific thing, possibly bloodline ability?

I wonder if there will be any kind of similarities with how the chaos vassals will work. Not that they have to sacrifice their family and then become richter's eternal servants, but more like they pledge themselves to him and get minor upgrades reminiscent of ascended beings. In Jorgen's case it was immortality and the powers of a death knight. Chaos vaassals may Get additional stat points, more chaos points with leveling, boost to luck, maybe even increased lifespan.

Johan likes this.
  9. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hoping any of those boons except the Chaos Points. There should be some downside to becoming a vassal (tribute) and Richter gains CPs from them. In return he can give protection plus other benefits since if I remember correctly it is stronger than a vow.

10. Hastur

Hastur Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

28%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Well tribute is a slight downside. Now I know we are speaking chaos seed vassal...but for example look at the kindir vassaling to the MV. How is that not beneficial? Richter cleared the skeleton problem that had the ghast. No way they could had handled that. They have his protection from here on out. It would not be a tough argument that the 3 tier 2 worms were going to take out the Orcs. They took out most of them. Had Richter not basically taken 2 of them out of the fight they go down.

11. Cire122

Cire122 Level 10 (Filcher) Exiles Citizen

78%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Agreed. I just want some checks and balances some how. In feudal Europe every layer above you cost an extra layer of tax but you were given an extra layer of protection. That on top of loss of autonomy. I am most likely wrong and it will just be boons, but I hope the checks and balances of power in the land comes into play.

Johan and ShoughtLoud like this.
  12. HamsterDesTodes

HamsterDesTodes Level 7 (Cutpurse) Exiles Citizen

18%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Randy definitely not. He's a half-udine(?) and only level 47. We know that humans are the lowest of the low when it comes to ascension, I would be very, very surprised if udines aren't a lot higher. Even if they're only 50, a halfie would still ascend at 48 at the earliest if we're going by strict average, and udines are most often portrait as very magical indeed, so I suspect they ascend a loooot later than merely 50.

Hearth Mother I'm less sure about. First of all, I don't remember her level and then I don't quite know how early the sprites hit their upgrade. Unless she's lvl 75+ I would say it's very much debatable.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  13. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There's never been a mention of what her Actual Level is.

14. Johan

Johan Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

83%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Randy could hit his limit just like a regular human at 45. Racial blends aren't 50/50, so his limit level could be anywhere between the two races.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
    Andrew Lynas and ShoughtLoud like this.
  15. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't think Richter will go for the full feudal system, he is more likely to mix it with either absolutism or some sort of constitutional system. Empowering the elder council is also an option.