Skills you'd like to see,

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Sep 12, 2020.

1. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Agreed. Initially (for no reason, just happened) I had pictured skaths as leathery reptilian... dogs in general. No idea why.

I like the ideas, and agree with the general breakdown. I think you can leave "Exotic Ungulates", as just Exotic though. You have the basic groups pretty well down, and outside of those is where the inanity of millions of subskills start to set in. Riding as the over-skill should cover somethings right? Also Insects. Between giant ants, arachnids and the various "-pedes" they'll probably snag a section. Exotic can cover anything that's just extra though.

2. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    There might well be a Different Skill for Flying Mounts then Running Mounts, example, A Sub-Skill for both Flightless Running Bird/Avain Mounts and another for Flying Avian/Bird Mounts.
    There might even possibly be a Full Skill for Mounts (ground/terrestrial, running and walking) like he already has that covers most Equines, Lupines, Reptiles, Flightless Avains, ect with Sub-Skills, and another Skill for Flying Mounts like Flying Avians, Flying Reptiles, ect, and a third Skill for Aquatic Mounts like Dolphins, Sharks, Serpents, ect.
    But I'm thinking its probably all Sub-Skills.

I am wondering if there are any Sub-Sub-Skills or it ends at Sub-Skills?

If there is Eldrich Magic then I am wondering if there is also Magic Skills for things like Arcane Magic, Ritual Magic, Tantric Magic and Beast Magic (Blue Magic)? I'd like for Richter to Learn Blue Magic.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  3. Waterhobit

Waterhobit Level 12 (Rogue) Citizen

80%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yea I thought about insects, and then forgot to add them to the list. And yea, exotic could just be a catch all.

I think there are a lot more magic types that we haven't seen yet. The essence enchanter when Richter chose his specialty demonstrated that their are "countless" magic types.

The man stood tall on his column of rock, lights floating around him. Eight rotated around him in a circle of different colors. Countless more of various colors floated around in shifting patterns, though some seemed to follow a discernible course as they moved. Others flashed in and out of existence at random intervals. The man looked at him steadily, not speaking.

I scared to ask. What is Tantric Magic?

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  4. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Magic that is called up, emplowered and shaped by sexual energy. I would think that it would be good for long lasting Personal (or group ) Buffs, Boosts, Enchantment Spells, personal magic effects and empowering Ward's and Enchanted Items (possibly creating temporary Enchantment like effects). But I'd also make it that it could have side effects, although less then Deeper Magics.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  5. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I'd think that more of a school of magic than a Power in its own right. Something a lot of differently powered mages can dip into, regardless of alignment. Definitely life mages and nature oriented mages such as druids or nature witches.

ShoughtLoud likes this.
  6. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am wondering about the existence of a Skill for Dragon Magic, if it exists I'm sure that Richter (& Alma) will Learn it eventually.

I'm also wondering about wether there is a Sub-Skill for Cooking that allows for incorporating some similar effects of Alchemy to Food, or wether that would be more of a Talent thing?

7. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Back to Riding/Mount Skills, before I wondered about Mounted Combat Skills, like Mounted Spell Casting, Archery, Swordsmanship, Cavalry Mace/Hammer, Lance/Spear, Axe, ect, plus Mounted Shield and Armour use.
    But will those fall into Light, Medium and Heavy categories like for Unmounted Weapons, Armour and Shields? Or Armoured Mount Skills?
    Also what about Skills for Light, Medium, Heavy and Huge Mount Sizes?

And what about Non-Combat Riding/Mount Skills? Mount Care, Mount Healing, Mount Equipment Maintenance, Mount Trick Riding, Mount Training, Racing, Rough Terrain Riding, Riding in Heavy Forested Areas, ect.

Also what about Driving Animal Pulled Vehicles Skill, like Carts, Carriages, Buggies, Sleds, ect. I imagine that it's something that Richter would probably learn sooner or later.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  8. darkenedstar

darkenedstar Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Yea i pictured them As gators as well, however they are somewhat taller with bigger bodies than actual gators. While gator riding is an actual thing in certain circles i don’t think it would be feasible as a cavalry Mount. Need to be taller and somewhat larger in body for that.

9. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Was going to throw a doubter comment on dragon magics existence but i just remembered that a group of elves have a special magic as well. I think it is star elves and ambient particle magic or something.

10. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It might work if you have really short legs!

11. darkenedstar

20%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Still stuck on energy management skills for mana and stamina, and skills to increase them independently of the attributes or changing the attribute modifier.

acrobatics/tumbling

Waterhobit likes this.
  12. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Parkour.

13. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hardcore Parkour

14. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A Dancing Skill might well help with Agility and possibly Dexterity, as well as other things like Balance, Timing, Foot Placement, Graceful Movement, Light Footedness, Sureness of Footing, ect. And could help with Dodging, Quick Movements and the Reading & Anticipating of Others Body Movements (possibly very useful in fights).

15. Hmmm

Hmmm Level 8 (Thug) Exiles Citizen

58%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Gator surfing!

16. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A Clergy Cultivation Skill might be interesting, even without a God to Follow and Empower it it might still give some Benefits.

17. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It has been confirmed in God's Eye that Balance is a Secondary Stat, I'm thinking that certain Skills would probably help to increase this Stat, like say an Acrobatic Skill, or possibly certain Sailing Skills (such as Rope Climbing/Sail Rigging, ect), or any Skills both at might be involved in Mountain Climbing and such?
    Also probably certain Combat Techniques/Arts, especially Unarmed Combat Techniques.

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    You mean like forging and fighting with war hammers? I well placed strike of the hammer doesn’t only the forging of blades but can grant a critical strike.

Or maybe forging on a core blessed anvil helps wth smiths developing their enchanting skills.

19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I am still interested to see if a Bodak with war hammer fighting skills can learn to forge iron into high steel. I’m afraid their intelligence will be two low. That stat can increase as well given some time and leveling. I know Aleron uses his infinities but seriously level two intelligence has to prevent you from learning some new skills. What do you think your base level intelligence needs to be in order to learn new skills?

20. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Can you use a smithing hammer as a warhammer? I mean effectively, you can wield anything as a weapon.