Skills you'd like to see,

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by Andrew Lynas, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

27%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I would like to see (and for Richter to learn) a Tattoo Enchantment (Sub-)Skill. Something that can allow you to place either a Temporary or Permanent Enchanted Tattoos on people and animals. The Tattoo can grant a strong short term Buffs to either Strength, Self Healing, Natural Armour, Defence, Speed, Agility, a Resistance increase of some type, Sense Enhancement, Improved Stealth, ect, or a much weaker Buff that is permanently active, or possibly even both, but once the Mana in the Tattoo is drained it becomes inactive till it Recharges (either by itself Or by you pushing Mana into it) and its Cool Down passes. Multiple different Tattoos can be worn by a person but some care should be taken when using different types of Tattoos at the same time, especially if they are of conflicting Elements or effects.
    Or they can give a Spell like offensive ability like temporary Fire (or other Element effects) on your Fists or on your Weapon, or allows you to shoot a Bolt or Stream of Fire (or other) from your hand, create a weak Magic Shield, Wall Climbing Spell/Enchantment, a Concealment Effect, some type of Shape Shifting Ability, Summon a Weapon to yourself, ect.
    Might be are way to sneak into learning a bit more Blood/Flesh Enchanting like Knowledge and Skills?

I would quite also like to see learn a related Crafting Enchantment (Sub-)Skill that is Hex Painting Enchanting, similar to Enchanted Tattoos but on non-living things. Would all you to Paint (possibly also Carve, ect, ?) a weak Positive Buff Enhancement on something, primary protective or strengthening in nature, or a weak negative De-Buff on something, that lasts as long as the Painting, Carving, Embroidered, ect, is mostly intact. Stronger Single use Hexes can be made that can be manual activated or automatically activated under certain conditions, situations or at set times. At higher Skill Levels single use Spells can be Placed in more Complex Hexes.

Another interesting (Sub-?)Skill for Richter to Learn (that's similar in some ways to my Hex Enchantments) that has been mentioned in the Books is Talisman Crafting.

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Hopefully we will see other character types like Druids. Then we might see some Druidic tattoo ties that bind the Druid to nature. Your statement above made me think about the Iron Druid Series.

3. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

27%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That's on my to read list.

I would think that Enchanted Tattoos might be even more of a Shamanic feel then Druid. less Civilised Orcs and Barbarians probably would utilise then more often then most, as might Sailors?

Captain BlackJack likes this.
  4. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 15 (Guardian) Exiles Citizen

99%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Don’t forget that some people see tattoos as a higher form of art. Such as the Japanese and other some other Asian cultures. I just finished Dungeon Crawler Carl’s third book. In it there was a character that had magical Tattoos activated by blood magic.

You should definitely read the Iron Druid Series. It is a very, very good series. The Iron Druid Series includes our world mythology, with magic, and monsters. It’s full of humor and action. Its one of my favorites.

Dungeon Crawler Carl is a pretty decent series. He does use some ruff language for my household anyway. Not that it’s that bad I just don’t want my kids hearing it all on audible.