Skywind, Morrowind in Skyrim

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Seagrim, May 12, 2018.

1. Seagrim

Seagrim Level 18 (Magician) LitRPG Author Citizen

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    This is a project of massive proportions and has been in process for years. Now, it's looking like there will finally be a release this year. The Elder Scrolls Morrowind, adapted for running in the Skyrim game engine, effectively updating the game. Updated graphics and a new recording of all voices...A huge undertaking.

2. Paul Bellow

Paul Bellow Forum Game Master Staff Member LitRPG Author Shop Owner Citizen Aspiring Writer

100%
    xp:
    Zone:
    Midwest, US
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
  3. Soulpuppy

Soulpuppy Level 6 (Footpad) Beta Reader Citizen

3%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I haven't seen a release date yet and I want it because Morrowind was my jam. But no release date this far into 2018 kinda feels like we're not gonna see it this year...

Paul Bellow and Seagrim like this.
  4. Seagrim

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Probably. They have been hopeful. They had received a major setback when Bethesda told them they could do the project, HOWEVER, no graphic or sound assets from Morrowind could be used in Skyrim's engine. This meant they had to step back and redo every single asset. That's been the main reason the poject jas been set back so far and why they're still uncertain of the release date. They're hobbyists working for free and now hae to rebuild all the graphics and re-record every sound.

Soulpuppy and Paul Bellow like this.
  5. Soulpuppy

3%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What? Why'd they tell them they could do it but give them like zero sound files?! You would think Bethesda would toss the works and kitchen sink at these guys... a finalized Skywind can only translate to deepening the fanbase and they're getting that positive PR for frickin FREE.

6. Seagrim

35%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's Bethesda. From what I gathered, their licensing of assets is limited to just the product Bethesda put them out in. So these folks have been working for years because they had to rebuild the graphics and the sound files from scratch to put into Skyrim. Now, I do know there is a Morrowblivion, where you can run Morrowind in the Oblivion game engine.

There's also a Tale of Two Wastelands, where you run Fallout 3 in Fallout: NewVegas. Slight tip, this is really the only way you can run Fallout 3 anymore since Windows 10 seems to hate it with a passion.

Soulpuppy likes this.
  7. Soulpuppy

3%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That's a shame, especially since I really enjoyed Fallout 3. My favorite was running around Capital Wasteland doing karmic things. I'll have to check into Morrowblivion, especially since it may actually generate a better interest than Oblivion ever did... just as long as those dumb portals aren't opening every which way I turn.