Speculations

Discussion in 'Debates & Discussions' started by LazorGoop, Mar 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Andrew Lynas

Andrew Lynas Level 17 (Theurgist) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It's due to a combination of Her being his Soul , and Him being a Master of a Magic Type (or the Master of a PoP, not exactly sure which but I'm learning to him just being just Classified as a Master). And possibly because Alma was Summoned at the Great Seal, if it is due to her being able to Cast his Spells because he is also the Master of the MV?

If it's because of her being his Soul Familiar (and so a missing part of his Soul now reunited) and because she was Summoned at the Great Seal and him being the Master of it then it's unlikely that she will be able to Cast any other type of Magic of Richters other then his Settlement Spells and the PoPs Element type Spells. Although if their Psi/Mind Bond increased to a high enough Level then it might be possible (that might be how she Cast the Earth Shield when she wasn't supposed to be able to?, she might not have been known it was possible till she really needed to do so?)?

If it's due to them being Soul Pairs and with him being classified as a Master of Magics (even if just because of the PoP) then whenever he gets to a high enough Rank spin a Magic type she might be able to start Casting it as well. My theory is that he has to get to at Least Journeyman Rank, the Rank where he can Teach others Magic?

Not really sure which is the one that is needed, time will tell.

But if their Psi Bond can also allow the Sharing of Magic Skills and Spells then in time it might allow for Alma to actually Learn other Skills that Richter knows, she may become, Limitless!

Drasius likes this.
  2. Captain BlackJack

Captain BlackJack Level 16 (Paladin) Exiles Citizen

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Alma is Ricthers soul familiar but what does that really mean?

What kind of spell did the soul familiar scroll cast?

My understanding is that the soul familiar scroll was supposed to help you find your soul familiar. I don’t think that took a part of Ricthers soul and gave it to Alma or vise versa. I see a soul familiar more of a soul mate. I think that once cast the spell would find your soul mate. A person or creature whose soul was a perfect match for yours. That scroll was made to reach across time and space to find Ricthers soul mate or soul familiar.

Who knows about the mechanics of the connection? We can only speculate like Andrew has above. Perhaps it’s a combination of that pure raw connection of their souls and the magic of Ricthers place of power. You could ask Aleron when I gives his shout outs on Face Book but I imagine you will get shot down with some sort cool ain’t answering yo $/!+

3. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It ritually stated in the the Soul Familiar Spells description that people's Souls are in fact not truly While but are Fragments/Pieces of a Whole and that the Spell looks throughout Creation for One of the Spell Users (Richter in this case) missing Soul Fragments and Summons it to the Caster and then Forges Soul Bonding and a Familiar Connection Bond between them.

There might in fact be more then one Soul Fragment per person, so it might be possible for Richter to get another Soul Familiar if he can get another Soul Familiar Tome/Spell, or if one of them Summons him as a Soul Familiar?

Drasius and Captain BlackJack like this.
  4. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    It is more or less true.

5. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    So basically everyone in the land has lost soul fragments that can find their way into other creatures making them soul familiars. Does that mean when a soul familiar comes from a different dimension or world that your soul had inhabited that location at some point? Perhaps being fragmented there the main bulk of the soul moved on while the fragment was lost.

6. ShoughtLoud

ShoughtLoud Level 18 (Magician) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

81%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't think the fragments "find their way into other creatures" so much, as manifest as other creatures.

7. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    That’s an interesting concept. So do you think the nature of your soul manifest a specific creature?

If so Heman likely has a Fecal Golem running around the universe somewhere.

Drasius and Mister Bill like this.
  8. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    He could be a Shard Soul of the Main Soul of a Golgothan (Faecal Elemental Demon, see the film Dogma).

AndyJ and Captain BlackJack like this.
  9. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If Richter was to find a very Small (Mini) Lesser (non sentient) BloodStone and have Krom use his Gem Talent to attach it to a Weapon that is Enchanted with Blood Absorbing Enchantment (maybe based on a lesser version of Dread Harvest, Blood Magic Vampiric Health Drain - Absorbs Blood on Blade and converts to Health) might it become able to automatically Draw Blood into the BloodStone when Fighting and Killing with said Weapon and be used as a Battery for Storing Blood Mana?
    Would be even better if it could be added to Black Ice!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2021
    Captain BlackJack likes this.
  10. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Doesn’t the stone grow? As it absorbs blood and becomes more powerful I was thinking it got larger. I honestly think that the striations of bloodstone in the dungeon should work to an extent. I know the striations are extended from the bloodstone. I don’t think they are the exact some thing as the bloodstone. I don’t believe those striations are aware, conscious nor do those striations know magic. I do believe that they have some magical means as they appear to transfer blood to the bloodstone.

That striated bloodstone could make weapons that induce severe bleeding. With the connection to feeding blood magic it might make it possible to absorb blood for magic and not needing to cast a spell in order to do so. For instance hand held weapons might automatically feed into blood mages hands. I still hope for extenuations being capable of growing from the dungeon. Growing to the slaughter pit and making a slaughter house would be AWESOME!

11. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don't believe that it Grows bigger, it does show how much Blood Mana in it by looking like it's filling up with Blood though.

Captain BlackJack and Drasius like this.
  12. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Maybe Ricther can make his spell that turns blood to health points into a enchantment. Using the striated bloodstone to siphon the blood into the handle for the enchantment to work for the wielder. That would be a great way to regenerate during battle and it wouldn’t cost anyone mana.

13. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    In another note, I think that Richter should either find it Make a set of Magical Reinforced Cloth Combat Robes for himself, I'd go for something that is a mixture of Wizard Robe and a Ranger Duster Trench Coat, maybe with a bit of Victorian Carriage Coat added (an integral small shoulder covering cloak over a longer half or third length Cloak to help cover arms without getting in the way). Made from Reinforced Fabric (like his Trousers) and with some light leather padded additions, and plenty of Pockets and integral Pouches.
    I would suggest Enchanting it with with a Size adapting Enchantment so that it can be worn either over Armour or on it's own, assuming he can find that Enchantment. Then Soul Bond it to himself, then he won't automatically come out of ReSpawn Naked and Defenceless. A full set a Soul Bound Cloths to be Worn under this or Armour would also be a Good idea as well.

He should also think about Upgrading his Bow as well, with his significant Increase in Strength (and Height) he really should get something more powerful then the Sprite Bow he has been using, a Longbow or Strongbow perhaps, better yet one made for him in mind and one that will still have some room for growth in his strength! He can still switch between the lighter/Smaller Sprite Bow and his new one at need depending on the situation. Having a Light Crossbow (even better if it was a repeater) or Crossbow Pistol for confined areas would also be a Good idea and start carrying and practising with a Kendir Wrist Shot (for that matter he should start practicing with that Assassins Wrist Bow). And maybe learn to use an fashioned Cloth or Leather Sling, they can easily be made by himself in an emergency.

Having some small Soul Bound Throwing Knives would be useful, Enchanted to Return to their Enchanted Sheath's.

14. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    A Mixture of both Spells might be better, then he can Heal from Enemy's Blood or Use his Own by using the Swords Enchantment without have to Cast a Spell, even better if the Mini BloodStone passively Stores Blood Mana during the Process.

15. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I don’t know if you recall my advocacy for Ricther to hatch out some of the spider eggs. If not I am reiterating it now. Those eggs could really do a lot for Ricther. A spider lair in the dungeon would be awesome. Even better then that Ricther raising a spider as a pet and sneaking it some of Almas most desired Psy Crystals could be big. Especially when his new pet became intelligent enough to develop skills such as Tailoring. The garments a magical spider could weave would be THE BOOM. Ricther might even teach it how to CHI harden all the clothes it weaves.

Drasius and Dragon like this.
  16. Dragon

Dragon Level 19 (Enchanter) Exiles Beta Reader Citizen

9%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    I think we all remember that one.

He needs a queen to really get the ball rolling. That or the Dungeon needs to start spawning the eggs, likely as a pretty uncommon drop or in a spider themed lair.

Drasius likes this.
  17. Andrew Lynas

87%
    xp:
    Zone:
    UK
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    If I was Richter and decided to place the Assagi Spiders into the Dungeon I'd work with the Dungeon Keeper and do my best to make sure that they only Spawn in a Certain part of the Dungeon and couldn't easily leave that part, or their Dungeon Level/Floor at all.

Maybe getting an Arachne as a Villager for Tailing, especially if they are members of the Weaved Arachne Subspecies.

18. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    Tbat’s what I’m talking about! Arachne is such a great character! I’m not saying that Ricther should automatically get an intelligent spider friend of that caliber. A special room like the egg Genesis room would be a great start. I totally agree that they deserve their own lair. A spider egg chamber would be great for Ricther to try and imprint on. Out of the many types of eggs the Assagi spider Queen could lay it would be cool if one of the lesser spiders could be imprinted and tamed. Dungeon spider riders would be TOO cool. When Ricther moves into the labyrinth spider mounts would be awesome they could help fight and capture other beast to be carried back to Ricthers dungeon for growth. Their spider silks mixed with rare metals would make incredibly light and strong Armour.

19. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    What would bother you more? The prospect of being eaten by someone’s pet dragon to me would be scary but being consumed by a giant spider is much more horrifying. At least with a dragon it would be chomp, chomp. The idea of being spun up in webbing while paralyzed knowing there is no help coming. Then being injected with digestive juices before being sucked up like a human slushy is horrible.

Drasius likes this.
  20. Captain BlackJack

84%
    xp:
    LitCoin:
    Zorkmid:
    The reason I said it might grow bigger is because of its previous size in comparison to its size after consuming the thousands s of goblins and creating the dungeon. Ricther described how much larger it was when he saw it in the roof of the Dungeon. I would think it being an item it would have a limit to the mana it could absorb. If the bloodstone could grow or expand then it wouldn’t be limited in what it might absorb. Another reason I think the bloodstone can grow is due to the striations in the marbleized quarts. For some reason I see them as extenuations of the bloodstone that function like roots. My understanding is that these striations absorb the blood on the floor and transport it back to the main body powering not only the bloodstone but the dungeon.